Author Topic: Kiss your ass goodbye!  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Kiss your ass goodbye!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 04:30:31 PM »
It would happen so fast I don't think you would ever know
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »
*plays a steady "B flat" to help Gabriel tune up*
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »

I found a tuning fork he other day but it's a C according to my son will that help him out :green:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
It would happen so fast I don't think you would ever know

You think?

What if your legs were closer to the event horizon and time sped up in relation to where your brain is located, while your mind could still sense the pain of the extreme polarizing forces. I think I'll sleep with my head towards the Helvetians for a while.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:11:39 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 05:04:11 PM »

I found a tuning fork he other day but it's a C according to my son will that help him out :green:

Yes, there are quite a few "C" trumpets out there. Many tune to "C" anyway, so that transposing by site with the rest of the orchestra is easier.

I just have a feeling that Gabriel is old school.

I have two tuning forks, one small and one very large, but they are both "A-440"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:05:44 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »
 :violin:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 05:26:52 PM »
You think?

What if your legs were closer to the event horizon and time sped up in relation to where your brain is located, while your mind could still sense the pain of the extreme polarizing forces. I think I'll sleep with my head towards the Helvetians for a while.

:laugh: You know how to give a person nightmares.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 06:04:14 PM »
I saw the interview on 'Enough Rope' last night, and it's all bullshit about the world being torn apart. They shoot that much enrgy into such a small area, and only wind up with something less than an micron. The only thing that could fuck up is the plumbing, seeing as it has to cooled to just above absolute zero (about -271 deg C),

Apparently the guy interviewed was the keyboard player for D-ream back in the '90s,

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 06:40:17 PM »
I saw the interview on 'Enough Rope' last night, and it's all bullshit about the world being torn apart. They shoot that much enrgy into such a small area, and only wind up with something less than an micron. The only thing that could fuck up is the plumbing, seeing as it has to cooled to just above absolute zero (about -271 deg C),

Apparently the guy interviewed was the keyboard player for D-ream back in the '90s,

that was very interesting.  :thumbup:
batcat

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »
I remember watching a show about black holes one time...  they talked about what it would be like to get sucked into a black hole.

I haven't been able to find it to post.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »
Here's a little bit....  not what I was looking for though.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 08:02:46 PM »
Point is, that what they are doing at CERN in the next couple of weeks is not going to impact at all on life on Earth or anything else in the slightest. The guy interviewed (Brian sombody-or-other) said it was basesles internet speculation and runour about the end of the world. All they are going to do is shoot a beam into the particle accelerator, then shoot another one. when they collide at -271 deg C, they will take a snapshot of the explosion. They are hoping to recreate the event 1 billionth of a second after the Big Bang. Even if something did go wrong, it would hardly create a black hole that would destroy us. The biggest particle they would get is about the size of a micron, and would be negligible.

Offline ApotheosisIV

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • interweb
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
I read a book with some equations in once.
batcat

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »
Point is, that what they are doing at CERN in the next couple of weeks is not going to impact at all on life on Earth or anything else in the slightest. The guy interviewed (Brian sombody-or-other) said it was basesles internet speculation and runour about the end of the world. All they are going to do is shoot a beam into the particle accelerator, then shoot another one. when they collide at -271 deg C, they will take a snapshot of the explosion. They are hoping to recreate the event 1 billionth of a second after the Big Bang. Even if something did go wrong, it would hardly create a black hole that would destroy us. The biggest particle they would get is about the size of a micron, and would be negligible.
:yawn:

You're preaching to the choir...  doomsday is a whole lot more fun to think of than hadrons bumping into each other.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 09:04:32 PM »

No, please, tell me there is only one Hadron.

Quickly!