Educational

Author Topic: Narcissisism (sp)  (Read 769 times)

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Narcissisism (sp)
« on: July 20, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others. Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior. Many highly successful individuals might be considered narcissistic. However, this disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling or distressing.

Okay. I have been recently accused of being Narcissistic.

One: For some reason I think I'm important? Yeah right. I've never had a spaz because I haven't had a newsbox here, rage quit and sulked, deleted my account and all that shit, why the FUCK do I think i'm important?

It's kind of Ironic that I get accused of this by someone with "Sir" in his username.  ::)

Two: Need for admiration. Sure, everyone likes if someone says something nice. When have I ever fished for compliments? When have I ever encouraged threads that go on about how awesome I am? I believe the one at wrong planet got closed soon after it was made at my request. You should all know by now my attitude towards the jman threads. This hasn't changed.
Posting that bra picture (need I add it was not in the public section) is no worse than the 10 or so of you that have posted your dicks.

Three: Lack of empathy for others, well this speaks for itsself.

Four: I am not arrogant.

Lastly, I'm very sorry if you find my posts disableing and distressing, but if that's the case, you're reading into things too much, so put me on ignore.

Good day.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Narcissisism (sp)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:00:41 PM »
I wouldn't go as far as saying you're a narcissist, I tend to completely avoid anyone who shows narcissistic traits.

WIth that said you can be a bit of a bitch sometimes, however I think you just put on a front because it's the internet. I have a feeling you're a really nice girl IRL.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 11:46:28 PM »
I don't know which "Sir" accused you of being a Narcissist, but I think that he must be mistaken.  I certainly don't see you that way. 

I think that sometimes you have a sort of "tough girl" facade, but that doesn't make you Narcissistic.

I think that you are very pretty and that makes some people jealous enough to want to try to find something wrong with you, even if they have to invent it in their imaginations.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 03:08:07 AM »
OK Halle did I accuse you of being a Narcissist?

Really?

"The reason why I was put off by you in WP and over here is I had the impression that you "played up your issues" with body image and self confidence to hide a narcissistic personality ad someone who is bigoted and judgmental. That has nothing to do with your looks. I was just prepared cut you an even break because your reply sounded genuine and Carla did say nice things about you."

See I read that and it looks to me that what I said is that I formed an opinion on you that was not nice and had nothing to do with your looks. I then said that I believed you sounded genuine and that I was happy to accept that Carla said you were nice in real life, therefore to stop giving you a hard time.

Where is the accusation Halle?
Sure I had that opinion of you and it may or may not be unwarranted. I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt because as your previous protestations mentioned I don't know you IRL. I had not said you were narcissistic.

So instead of being a Drama Llama, how about reporting what really happened and take responsibility for your own actions (Unless of course there is an ego stopping you * cough Narcissism cough* in which case I hope you get as much drama and support as you need.)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 11:27:59 AM »
You did mention the word and she took it literal perhaps since you said you didn't call her it.

thepeaguy

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:58:38 PM »
Dunbelow's a narcissistic spacker.

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 04:06:19 AM »
Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others. Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior. Many highly successful individuals might be considered narcissistic. However, this disorder is only diagnosed when these behaviors become persistent and very disabling or distressing.

One: For some reason I think I'm important? Yeah right. I've never had a spaz because I haven't had a newsbox here, rage quit and sulked, deleted my account and all that shit, why the FUCK do I think i'm important?

It's kind of Ironic that I get accused of this by someone with "Sir" in his username.  ::)

Two: Need for admiration. Sure, everyone likes if someone says something nice. When have I ever fished for compliments? When have I ever encouraged threads that go on about how awesome I am? I believe the one at wrong planet got closed soon after it was made at my request. You should all know by now my attitude towards the jman threads. This hasn't changed.
Posting that bra picture (need I add it was not in the public section) is no worse than the 10 or so of you that have posted your dicks.

Lastly, I'm very sorry if you find my posts disableing and distressing, but if that's the case, you're reading into things too much, so put me on ignore.

Good day.

This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 04:41:42 AM »
 >:D Yeah this thread was a good way to disprove my impression. Very subtle Vodzy.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 11:18:02 AM »

Good day.

Vodzy is trying to traumatize the enitre forum with the Chris Crocker pic

thepeaguy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
I'm probably a narcissist.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 09:28:57 PM »
 :laugh: No you're not.

Wait. Is the thread over now?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 09:41:23 PM »
I dunno Halle Bopp came in here spouted a bit of bullshit and ran away. I think it has been disproven, talked over, examined from every angle, then beaten senseless and derailed. I think I would call it over....unless someone has more to add?

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 11:10:35 PM »
:agreed:

Definitely. I don't know many people who post videos of themselves on YT.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

thepeaguy

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 04:13:00 AM »
:agreed:

Definitely. I don't know many people who post videos of themselves on YT.

We are legion, for we are many.

When are you going post some of yours, spacker?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:33:30 AM by Fisherman Jim »

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 04:56:10 AM »

"The reason why I was put off by you in WP and over here is I had the impression that you "played up your issues" with body image and self confidence to hide a narcissistic personality ad someone who is bigoted and judgmental. That has nothing to do with your looks. I was just prepared cut you an even break because your reply sounded genuine and Carla did say nice things about you."

Where is the accusation Halle?

I've highlighted it.