Educational

Author Topic: Hello from Nocturnalist!  (Read 3961 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Hello from Nocturnalist!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 08:52:24 PM »
Hello Intensity2,

There are some members here who have encountered me before. I'm posting this to say 'Hi' to those who have encountered me elswhere, and 'Hi' to those who have not encountered me before. This isn't a usual place for me to appear, however I see you do not appreciate lurking, so I have signed up to be polite. :hug:

I do not know whether I will make further posts, it depends whether I decide I want to enter into the festivities here or not  :shark: - In all honesty, this place will probably not be the cup of tea of somebody as sensitive as I am :emb:

I hope nobody will mind an alien person dropping by here to see what you natives are like. :spacecraft: lol.

Hi Nocturnalist.  Welcome to Intensity.  I did not realize that you considered yourself sensitive, but I'm glad to see you.

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Grumpy Composer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »
Well I've always been told it is better to be safe than sorry... :hide:
If you insist on staying safe here, you'll be sorry.  :P

Ah, so perhaps it would be better for me if I was mad, bad, and dangerous to know. The Byronic Man :yikes:

I suppose asking for a lift home is out of the question then :lol:
Happy to, if I only had a car. Want a piggyback?

I wasn't aware that I had lost a piggy :happydance: Should I save its bacon? :harp:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 08:58:47 PM »
I'm ready.

I'm glad to hear it :rock:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 09:02:28 PM »
Hi Nocturnalist.  Welcome to Intensity.

Thanks Callaway :cheer:

I did not realize that you considered yourself sensitive...

Its what people tell me. Have I been lied to yet again? :hair:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 09:09:20 PM »
Hi Nocturnalist.  Welcome to Intensity.

Thanks Callaway :cheer:

I did not realize that you considered yourself sensitive...

Its what people tell me. Have I been lied to yet again? :hair:

That was your tenth post, so you can see more of the board than a lurker.

I'm really glad that you are making good use of the emoticons.   A lot of people have searched hard to find them.

:indeed:

Here are a couple that I found:

:beware: :laundry:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 09:18:42 PM »
That was your tenth post, so you can see more of the board than a lurker.

Nice one. I'll check things out :bath:

I'm really glad that you are making good use of the emoticons.   A lot of people have searched hard to find them.

I love emoticons, especially the animated ones. :bumblebee:

lol... I like that spam one. :clap:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 01:58:35 AM »
Aw, we're not so dead set against lurkers as all that. Certainly the intent's not to drive people away. We just want our fresh meat alive and kicking where we can play with it.

:indeed:  :evillaugh:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

GalileoAce

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 02:32:10 AM »
YoHoHo Nocti :)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 02:58:30 AM »
See it took me a while trying to work out who the hell you were, but I get it now.
Your "Noctivagus" one of the ASDGestalt Admins (and widely respected as the "resident bull terrier" and hard man of ASDGestalt).  Me, I was the one who did the callout on TheZach. That little bit of fun and games has run its full course. Excepting maybe Nocturnalist being here.......you aren't here to defend the jackass are you mate?

Now as to you being too sensitive. I have had fairly small dealings with you but I think you are not THAT sensitive. I think this forum may be for you what it is for me. I am "gentle" in many forums to risk upsetting delicate egos or fragile insensibilities. See I can come here and just unload on someone like Randy, Richard, Illusionist or Phuc Yu without feeling the least bit bad and make myself laugh at the same time. Then again my usual upfront, and tactless ways and sense of humour is not frowned upon and encouraged. That is something to seriously consider if you want to stick around.

Seriously don't hold back here. If you are all butthurt (Yeah look this term up too dude before you jump to conclusions) about how things went down with the Google thing then do a callout on me. So I am saying that IF you think that you position away from here on any other board is a determent, it isn't. If you think people here are going to unfairly target you for any reason, we won't. If you think you can't have fun here, your wrong again. Have a look around and loosen up and post at whatever grabs your fancy.

Oh the Poker thing? No idea what you meant. I rarely play poker and when I do I do well up to a point. I am naturally alright Poker. I do however find the game entirely too serious and always try to suggest "redistributing the wealth" if things get seriously out of balance, talking about who had what hand and how they did what, and also complimenting on each round. Tis tend to put a spin on the game that I really like but others don't enjoy. Hence I get invited back to Poker rarely. I understand the game but like playing my own game and having fun.

Reminds me of an Internet guy (Not yourself or TheZach for that matter) who is a bit of an ass. He comes up with ridiculous arguments, starts shit and is not above taking out law suits for slander and shit when he gets pwned. He is the type of person who has to be right above all things. He justifies zealously every action of his and uses his "righteousness" as way of steamrolling everyone. I LOVE playing with this guy because I will put monumental shit on him with a basis of reason in it, he will run around finding evidence to refute it. When he does he thinks he "won that round". He was right I was wrong, so there. Me? I was playing a different game entirely. I was showing how much fun he is to wind up and what silly reactions I can get out of him. I do not care with him if I am ultimately right or wrong the Lulz matter. Don't hate the Player hate the game. Big believer in this one. Make your own fun.  >:D
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 06:20:45 AM »
Hello Nocti, :welcome: to Intensity.

I am glad you like our emoticons.  :vortex:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 07:47:01 AM »

YoHoHo Galileo... With all the emoticons on this forum... why oh why doesn't there appear to be a pirate one??? :violin:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 08:27:40 AM »
See it took me a while trying to work out who the hell you were, but I get it now.
Your "Noctivagus" one of the ASDGestalt Admins (and widely respected as the "resident bull terrier" and hard man of ASDGestalt).  Me, I was the one who did the callout on TheZach.

I thought you'd know immediately... well the tortoise won the race instead of the hare, I suppose -  :lol:

The 'hard man' of Gestalt? :LMAO: I didn't know I was seen that way by anybody and I do not see myself that way - lol - that would be crazy :bunny:, its not the style of that forum :poke:

As far as the Zach is concerned... I've been aware of the thread here for some time and found it very informative, but I don't sell my wares from one forum over to another... even if the self-styled 'Rottweiler of AFF' is yelping for my blood at Gestalt for being too hard on him - so don't worry :violin: I left my luggage at home and am not after you in the least :green:

As for all the other text... Gordon Bennet, Sir_Les! lighten up a bit :yawn: I'd have thought you would have felt more secure here. :deadhorse: All that posturing is quite unnecessary, unless you're practicing for the Mr. Universe competition :headexplode: If that's the case, then I'll wish you all the very best :green: lol :asthing:

PS... Thanks for spelling my name right this time :congrats:

Offline Nocturnalist!

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 08:34:34 AM »
Hello Nocti, :welcome: to Intensity.

Thanks, my friend :hug:

I am glad you like our emoticons.  :vortex:

You know me and emoticons... though I'm not able to use those big animated ones here, because you can't import images... but there are more than enough emoticons here anyway to sink a battleship. Great fun :melon: That SG1 emoticon... I'm impatiently waiting to find some way of using that one :roses:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 08:43:52 AM »
We have one pirate emoticon:  :arrr:   It is small, though.

And it is not SG1. It is Atlantis :P

:apophis:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »

YoHoHo Galileo... With all the emoticons on this forum... why oh why doesn't there appear to be a pirate one??? :violin:

:o
* Callaway runs to look at the smileys.

:arrr:

If you find one you like better, there is a thread where you can nominate a smiley and we can try to assimilate it.