Author Topic: Obsessions....  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
Re: Obsessions....
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 05:49:11 AM »
I love being able to see those concrete pieces of history.  Things people used to own, use, etc...  That's my favorite part of history.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 06:00:30 AM »
I love being able to see those concrete pieces of history.  Things people used to own, use, etc...  That's my favorite part of history.

Yes, yes...I also feel like that, and also when I look at art....I wonder what random thoughts people were thinking etc as they refined the painting.  Especially the classic artists...I always stare at their paintings in the gallery for a long time....and imagine the canvas when it was blank and they bought it....what did they eat for dinner that night....when did they rush back to it to do more work...where has the painting been...a million little things like that.

That's why I've kept away from Lucifer's knitting thread.  I'm like that with knitting...I think of all the stitches and the thoughts people were thinking when they were doing it.

I'm sure Lucifer doesn't keep a list...but it's what is so special about things like that.  It's like that article or piece of artwork lived with you and your thoughts during that time in your life.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 07:50:33 PM »

That is why I like old things and places
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

ozymandias

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 05:33:42 AM »
Thats why I love the show "If walls could talk" on HGTV.   :green:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 05:56:55 AM »
Thats why I love the show "If walls could talk" on HGTV.   :green:

I love that show too and am sure to do my best as a construction worker to leave plenty of things for people to find later
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 07:54:34 AM »
My mother always watched HGTV. I think she is obsessed with those kind of shows because that is what she watches on TV most of the time. She watches other stuff too like movies or lifetime movies but most of the time it's gardening stuff, houses being decorated, places being turned into houses, etc. Anything to do with homes, and landscaping and gardening.

Blasted

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 10:13:39 PM »
My new obsession:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »
Weird flag-like symbols?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Blasted

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 05:55:46 AM »
Tis the flag of Argentina  :zoinks:

I want to live in Patagonia and if they let me volunteer I might be able to soon.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »
Argentina has that sun-thing in the middle? I though they only had the broad stripes, for some reasons... :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 02:23:42 PM »
Tis the flag of Argentina  :zoinks:

I want to live in Patagonia and if they let me volunteer I might be able to soon.

cool.   :thumbup:

Offline driftingblizzard

• Nuclear Prince of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I have Aspergers, what's your excuse?
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »

Yes, yes...I also feel like that, and also when I look at art....I wonder what random thoughts people were thinking etc as they refined the painting.  Especially the classic artists...I always stare at their paintings in the gallery for a long time....and imagine the canvas when it was blank and they bought it....what did they eat for dinner that night....when did they rush back to it to do more work...where has the painting been...a million little things like that.

That's why I've kept away from Lucifer's knitting thread.  I'm like that with knitting...I think of all the stitches and the thoughts people were thinking when they were doing it.

I'm sure Lucifer doesn't keep a list...but it's what is so special about things like that.  It's like that article or piece of artwork lived with you and your thoughts during that time in your life.

You just described the inside of my mind, better than even I could have.

I've always wondered what people were wondering.   Its like that painting in the Chicago Art Institute, by Georges Seurat "A sunday on La Grande", there's a little girl whose face cannot be seen, but she's there in the center of the picture, looking straight at the artist.  I've always wondered about what she may have been thinking at that moment, what was the rest of her day like, what happened to her, did she live a happy life, did I pass by her on a street somewhere later in life?   I get facisnated by one small piece and obsess on it.  But it is usually some obscure (or inconsequential) piece, something most other people would skip over. 

One of the most emotional movies for me was "somewhere in time".   For many reasons but the biggest one is thinking of all the people who could have been a great love of mine, only being born too long ago, or not yet.
Feeling neutral is very normal.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 10:52:26 PM »

Hmmm things I hate about obsessions...

I can't stand the sight of Paul McCartney. His face is so annoying and irritating. His eyes are all big and bugged out looking.
His ego is also very big and he always thought he was better than Ringo and the other Beatles.
Park.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
But Ringo did Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, how fucking cool is that.

Like there isnt enough train love here.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 11:35:25 AM »

Hmmm things I hate about obsessions...

I can't stand the sight of Paul McCartney. His face is so annoying and irritating. His eyes are all big and bugged out looking.
His ego is also very big and he always thought he was better than Ringo and the other Beatles.

Back Off Boogaloo!

So get over it, already, and realize that Ringo would be an unknown entity, in this age, without the MclLen Duo.

Macca and Ringo BOTH have the infortunate jobs of still living on after nearly a full two generations since the craze.

Don't load either one too heavily.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.