Educational

Author Topic: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity  (Read 8149 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Cliques and the spirit of Intensity
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
I know that Happeh was before you joined here, but he was a guy who thought that we all were on the spectrum because we wanked too much.
Makes me wonder if Randy thinks we are all on the spectrum because we don't wank enough.

Speak for yourself, but I think I wank enough. I just don't feel I have to post about it after every time like some ppl around here.

true, but then flo doesn't feel the urge to tell us all about how he got up that morning, either.  ;)

:smarty:

:LMAO:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2008, 10:46:16 AM »
Proof by exception. You made a blanket statement ("this place is only a safe haven for people who...") and I pointed out an example which didn't fall under that, rendering the blanket statement false.

Ah but I prefaced it by the word 'think', implying that it was only my opinion I was stating, not a fact.  ;)

Does that make sense?

:laugh: It makes sense, but it just leaves us at the same "yeah, sure, you can speak your opinion, and I can speak mine, and we can disagree" impasse.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2008, 01:25:36 PM »
I agree with your analysis, Phlexor.  That's the way that I see Intensity as well.

I think that it's impossible to make Intensity a safe haven for all those people who have been rejected by other fora, simultaneously.

I'm not convinced of this yet. Probably it's impossible for all people, but I say it's possible for more people than most others think.

This think this place is only a safe haven for people who feel they have to speak their mind and have trouble keeping their mouth shut in other forums where its a rule.

(not that  I'm talking about myself or anything, am I Ozy)

Comparing this place to AI is like comparing Apples and Oranges.   :laugh:  AI is a support forum with some leeway for "spirited" debate.  I just follow the guidelines set by Crucibelle.

Yeah, but there were a few nut jobs there that were starting to drive me crazy. And I think that's what you get when those sort of people are protected. But each place has its use and I feel more uselful here, if that says anything.

It makes sense, more than a few people drove me crazy over there.   :hair:  And that was before I became Admin.   ::)    And I'm much more guarded there then I am here or on Morthaur's forum or The Drivel.  AI is basically dead and unlikely to ever revive, it's more or less a "read only" forum in every sense of the word except in fact.  Too much shit has happened there.   :-\

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
Another awesome sig, Ozy.  ;D

Quote from: Ozy's sig
"Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you.   Their tastes may not be the same."  --George Bernard Shaw
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2008, 03:20:19 PM »
Thank you!   8) 

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
Also, I'll likely tell Cal that people are talking about him here, and see how long before his narcissism tempts him to come back and read it.

;D He told me where to stick it.

Now do you see, DD?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2008, 06:21:11 PM »
Also, I'll likely tell Cal that people are talking about him here, and see how long before his narcissism tempts him to come back and read it.

Now do you see, DD?

the gif Lucifer posted? yes I can see it now. 

... or are you asking if I can see why I should stop talking about him?

... or if I can see that trying to tighten up the probability distribution in one area makes other areas less definable?

:laugh:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »
 :laugh:  :headslap:

The, um, the -

Oh, fuck it.

The bull just turned his back on the flag.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2008, 06:48:06 PM »

The, um, the -

Oh, fuck it.

:clap:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »

ozymandias

« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

The, um, the -

Oh, fuck it.

Maybe for now, but, I'll wager that he'll be back soon.  If not with his current membership, but, with a sock puppet!   ;)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2008, 07:06:44 PM »

Now do you see, DD?

... or if I can see that trying to tighten up the probability distribution in one area makes other areas less definable?

Oh do tell me the solution to that. I need to feel as if I know some probability...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2008, 12:56:59 AM »

Now do you see, DD?

Oh do tell me the solution to that. I need to feel as if I know some probability...

get a cat, stick it in a box with a radioactive source and a phial of poison...

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2008, 05:37:21 AM »
I know that Happeh was before you joined here, but he was a guy who thought that we all were on the spectrum because we wanked too much.
Makes me wonder if Randy thinks we are all on the spectrum because we don't wank enough.
Speak for yourself, but I think I wank enough. I just don't feel I have to post about it after every time like some ppl around here.
:-\ I was trying to make a joke. "trying" heh. Oh well never mind.

Maybe Phlexor was too.

;)

Yeah, what she said.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2008, 05:38:16 AM »
Proof by exception. You made a blanket statement ("this place is only a safe haven for people who...") and I pointed out an example which didn't fall under that, rendering the blanket statement false.

Ah but I prefaced it by the word 'think', implying that it was only my opinion I was stating, not a fact.  ;)

Does that make sense?

:laugh: It makes sense, but it just leaves us at the same "yeah, sure, you can speak your opinion, and I can speak mine, and we can disagree" impasse.

Aw, one of them vomit filled feel good worlds of niceness?