Author Topic: Prove your AS!  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Prove your AS!
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2006, 02:05:13 AM »
There are far more cute and fun forms I could assume.  Including but not limited to, cat girls(or boys), kitties, demons, dragons, robots, Stephen king's The Thing, It, T-1000, vending machines, viruses, hideous oozes, and clothing >:D.         
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2006, 02:07:27 AM »
how about a money tree. ;D
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2006, 02:08:23 AM »
but then when he becomes nomaken again, he might be missing limbs  :-\

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2006, 02:43:38 AM »
If there were one or two people that I know of claiming to have both AS and bipolar, I wouldn't see a problem, but I think a lot of people are getting over dxed or over dxing themselves. What really bothers me is the people who claim to have like five disorders. They're hypochondriacs IMO. For example, Sean claims he has AS, bipolar, tourette's, ADD, and OCD. He also says he's deaf in one ear and has cerebal palsy. Maybe the latter are true but I doubt he has all those disorders.

I don't know about other countries, but bipolar is definitely over dxed here. I myself was diagnosed with it the first time I ever went to the hospital, along with a lot of other people. I've been to hospitals and various programs, and met many people who say they're bipolar when it's obvious they're not, and it's just mood swings they have. In order to have bipolar, someone needs to go through periods of mania as well as periods of depression. All of my mom's brothers and sisters have bipolar (not from abuse, it was hereditary) and have had the manic AND the depressive phases. My one aunt went to Cancun and Jamaica and bought a brand new car during her manic phase. My mom was recently dxed with it as well, and I've researched it heavily, so I know a lot about it. I'm sick of people asking me if I'm bipolar when I get moody and bitchy because I've never been manic except when on certain antidepressants, the rest of the time I'm either moody, depressed, or content.

Anyway, I just find it extremely odd that there are an abundance of people saying they have bipolar and AS and think that either the disorders overlap a lot for some reason, or there's another one out there no one's discovered

Well a few years back there was research carried which tried to state that aspergers were at a high risk of developing bi polar in later life. My opinion on bi polar and aspergers is that I think it would be extremly difficult to diagnose it in an asperger person unless they are blatently showing states of mania or severe depression, too quick to jump on the label. The real problem aspergers face is misunderstanding and overassumptive psychiatric professionals in this arena, if your becoming socially excluded as a social animal you will suffer. It has as a consequence created this myth in the less competant professions that this link must be out there, its totally unneccesary and cruel labelling of people.
Ive seen mania in my uncle and my ex and I take it when you've witnessed mania in your family members you can see that "look" they have in the eyes that instantly strikes you straight away that there high as a kite. My uncle one day decieded to sell up his home in london his business and move him and his entire family to a remote farm in the highlands of scotland near inverness and to keep his job in london he would commute via plane to London and back from inverness. It didnt quite work out that way as you cain imagine. Although he is diagnosed with bi polar he refuses medication for it and doesnt really acknowledge he has a problem and too an extent he's right as he uses it as a strength in his mania he comes up with all these enterprises and business ideas and 9 times out of 10 there quite succesful.

As for Sean and these multi diagnosed retards theres a fella just like that in Hull, england and in DANDA we had quite a few morons like that who claimed they were everything under the sun. They clearly had no concept of what these labels mean't. I dont know what they see in it, does it give you brownie points or street cred to be a hardcore syndrome collector? I dont see the clinical benefit of giving someone that many labels and not many of the long standing asperger professionals would either (professor patricia howlin, digby tantum, simon baron-cohen, uta frith, lorna wing etc) Infact I know Patricia Howlin spends most of her time undiagnosing people like this.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2006, 02:45:13 AM »
i'm sorry, but are Professor Patricia Howlin and Digby Tantrum really real people?

i am fucking pissing myself here...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #125 on: September 07, 2006, 02:46:33 AM »
I think it stands to reason if I had the power to transform into other things and still stay alive that I could probably also regenerate.  But if that were the case, i'd produce cocaine, since that is worth a lot more than paper money.

Or shit- an even better idea!  A Liqour tree!
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2006, 02:56:53 AM »
money, cocaine, liquer, i'll take any of those! or all of the above, thank you! ;D
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2006, 02:58:14 AM »
I though Praetor how many labels I could even have in the end if I let the labels be as are in the end. I don't do that even with multi-diagnosis of whatever with Me Myself and I. Though some may like multi-diagnosis themselves.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2006, 02:59:37 AM »
I would hate to see someone who's not really bipolar (but diagnosed with it) take lithium or something and have a bad reaction to it...

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2006, 03:01:33 AM »
i'm not taking anything prescribed me by someone rejoicing in the name of Digby Tantrum, thank you.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2006, 03:02:15 AM »
bipolar seems to be the trendy diagnosis of the day.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #131 on: September 07, 2006, 03:03:38 AM »
money, cocaine, liquer, i'll take any of those! or all of the above, thank you! ;D
I have done that too Myself. ;D
Guardian of the Empire

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #132 on: September 07, 2006, 03:03:58 AM »
i'm not taking anything prescribed me by someone rejoicing in the name of Digby Tantrum, thank you.

good idea  :laugh:
bipolar seems to be the trendy diagnosis of the day.

indeed

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #133 on: September 07, 2006, 03:11:30 AM »
bipolar seems to be the trendy diagnosis of the day

As is any diagnosis which gets the media spotlight and more awareness in practitioners

But what does it all mean at the end of the day?

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #134 on: September 07, 2006, 03:12:35 AM »
i'm sorry, but are Professor Patricia Howlin and Digby Tantrum really real people?

i am fucking pissing myself here...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

May have been a typo but its not far off his IRL persona miserable git