Author Topic: Prove your AS!  (Read 6042 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Prove your AS!
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2006, 05:46:27 PM »
Happens to me constantly. Don't know about that AS bloke, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2006, 03:12:30 AM »
AS minds are slow to process sound, so automatically when too much is given (overstimulation), it makes them moody! I find it I am relax before hand, ts not annoying. I don't like voices with music though, that is extremely mildly annoying. That is because it distracts me from the joy of the music.
Essential fatty acids help they brain with auditory processing. I would try some fish oil and some borage seed oil.  You could try some flax seed oil instead of fish oil, but those must be processed by enzymes and bacteria to performed form which is found in fish oil.  Too much performed form of omega 3 fats (dha, and epa I think that is all of them have to look) can cause inflamation.  Insulin causes these fats to become  inflamatory, but that is only with the unpreformed form. Keep insulin as low as possible and no problems will insue.  If heart burn occurs, reduce dosage.  Start low and go slow.  Look for a brand that has antioxidants added to protect the unstable oils.  Preferably vitamin e, but glycerin will do. Glycerin is a moisturizing and antioxidant amino acid. Glycerin is usually in hygenie products too.  I would try 1-3 grams of preformed omega 3s(epa and or dha) and .5 to 1.5 grams performed omega 6s. (Gpa)   I would also suggest 1- 2 grams dha for adhd.  That is not in addition, but a difference from what ever is left in you epa dha supplement. I got this total, now subtract to find out how much more is need for adhd.  This is just a general recomended dose, increase or decrease as needed.  I would bet, if you are lacking, these nutrients will help your symptoms.

I am glad to help! 8)
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2006, 04:37:24 AM »
your fucked if you think i am going to start eating healthy now.

i like my steak and potatoes and all things southern and fried.
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2006, 04:49:15 AM »
Steak and potatoes is fine, but fried has go to stop. Fats should not be cooked, especially unstable polyunsaturated fats. If you can gather something out of this, there is a better fat for frying, its called monounsaturated fat.  Oils with high porportion of monounsaturated fat are better for frying, from a health standpoint. I remember something about when fats are fried, carcinogens are formed. You would have to aquire a taste for healthy things, like I have.  I can eat alot more now do to my adjusted pallete. I see, you hold some bad information.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2006, 04:52:45 AM »
Hmm.. Mc Jagger wants me to diagnose... I shall make a file on him, just like my therapist does! I have stuff already in mind.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2006, 04:52:58 AM »
fuck that shit.

my grandpa was from st louis and before he died he taght me the family recipe for chicken fried steak with milk gravy.

all i can say with each bite is, "fuck yeah"
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2006, 04:53:37 AM »
Hmm.. Mc Jagger wants me to diagnose... I shall make a file on him, just like my therapist does! I have stuff already in mind.

hace at it.  couldn't be any more ignorant thatn eamonns assumptions.
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2006, 05:13:45 AM »
Potatoes have a high glyemic index, which means they raise insulin levels quickly.  That quick raise is followed by  a fall in blood sugar.  That is if they are eaten alone.  If they are eaten with fat or fiber that raise is blunted.  Fats are a poor blunter of such a response. Potatoes are a good source of chromium, a nutrient need to maintain blood sugar.  They are also a good source of potassium.  The sweet potatoe is more nutritous than regular potatoe, and has a lower glycemic index.  Potatoes probably have something else that no other vegetable has, just like lettuce (little nutritional value), and thus should not be excluded in anyone's diet. I certainly would not live off either though.  Meat fat, can be good for you.   I am not sure about saturated, but even grass fed beef has omega 3 fats in it. I know the saturated fat in coconut oil is good for you.  Plants are a poors source of zinc, except grains.  Meat and animal products are a good source.  Beef is good source of carnosine, an antioxidant.  Antioxidants reduce wrinkling of the skin.  Meat is good source of alpha lipoic acid too.  Alpha lipoic acid is an expensive supplement in the health food stores.  Alpha lipoic acid is  fat souble, water souble, chelates heavy metals, reduces elevated bloods sugar etc. Co enzyme q 10 is another expensive supplement found in health food stores, and it is also found in meat.

EAT SHIT VEGETARIANS MEAT IS GOOD FOR YOU! >:D in small quantities

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2006, 05:15:58 AM »

Oh yeah!  I will show how smart I am.  Good chance to demonstrate lack of evidence for AS or HFA or what ever!

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2006, 05:19:52 AM »
I understand that w

I understand there maybe some reverse psychology in that statement, but I like giving attention so that is purpose is not needed.

Spread your legs woman!

Teejay

« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2006, 08:22:11 AM »
Since people are being accused of not really having AS, I thought I'd start a thread where we can talk about what AS symptoms we have.

Some of mine:

-Obsessive (mainly media related- TV shows, celebrities, music, internet etc.) Fascination with the paranormal, astrology, psychological disorders, children.

Yeah I am obessive, I have been obessed with a lot of things in my life including people like Gerrit :p

-Very quiet IRL, often almost mute. (I almost never initiate conversations and never know what to talk about and always worry about saying the wrong thing since I do a lot.)

Same here

I never use gestures (unless it's the bird 

I use gestures although not as much as NT's do, generally to make a point.

-Trouble knowing how to react to certain situations.
-Take things literally (sometimes) and have trouble understanding jokes.
-Limited facial expressions (often look like I'm frowning even if I'm not).
-Some mild sensory issues (there is a very limited amount of foods I'll eat, sensitive to smell and occasionally noise)
-Trouble with abstract concepts, such as geometry.
-Poor motor skills. My parents were told this when I was in kindergarten. I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 12, I can't skate, etc.

All above, expect my motor skills could be a little better than yours.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2006, 08:41:12 AM »
So noise can cause one attention to shift? Happens alot with AS, but not with me.

well, there's a jolly good reason for that - one has to have some attention before it can be shifted/distracted.

Triste

« Reply #87 on: August 03, 2006, 04:42:03 AM »
So noise can cause one attention to shift? Happens alot with AS, but not with me.

well, there's a jolly good reason for that - one has to have some attention before it can be shifted/distracted.
Jolly good post, Lucifer.  Maybe he has no attention because of all the expensive crap he's ingesting from the so-called "health food store".

Triste

« Reply #88 on: August 03, 2006, 04:45:58 AM »
The psychiatrist diagnosed me without any tests.  When I asked him how he diagnosed me, he said it was because I told him that I was 13 before I realized people couldn't read my mind. 

Anyway, my AS proof is that I don't like people.  Any other signs/symptoms are minor annoyances compared to that one.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2006, 05:05:42 AM »
he said it was because I told him that I was 13 before I realized people couldn't read my mind. 

i have found in male/female relationships that women expect men to read their mind, or at the most pick up on very subtle nuances.  i am a loser in that regaurd, i do not have a clue.
Misunderstood.