Author Topic: Oh. My. Fucking. God.  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Oh. My. Fucking. God.
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2008, 11:25:44 PM »
I just assume, shoot first, and ask questions later.

Like, "are you dead yet?"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2008, 12:07:26 AM »
Okay I'm confused. Lot of you seem to find it okay he had sex with a 13 year old but you guys didn't find it okay when grael was in a relationship with flagg and you guys called her a pedo for it. So why isn't it okay for her to date someone under 18 but it's okay for the director to have sex with someone who was 13 at the time while Grael's online bf was only 16?

Having sex with a minor under the age of consent is worse than dating one IMO.

I think that what Roman Polanski did is completely despicable and I think that he should be castrated.

My daughter is not that much younger than 13 and if someone raped her, I could wield the rusty razor blade to do the job myself.

I also think that Graelwyn was wrong to groom Flagg into being her "boyfriend" because she was twice his age.

I think that she was a pedophile to try to seduce him but it's not on the same level as what Roman Polanski did.

If Flagg had been 16 and she had been 18 (which would be considered a legal adult in Oregon) I personally would not have had that much of a problem with it, but things are too unequal when there is that much age difference, IMO.

And if she is trying now to make it seem like Flagg conned her or something, then that sounds unlikely to me.  I think that it is more likely that he finally came to his senses and realized that she was way too old for him, or maybe that she was wrong for him for some other reasons as well.  Why should he not be allowed to realize that he made a mistake and get out of a bad situation? 

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2008, 07:14:32 AM »
No answer, I assume. Always ask questions before you assume but if you don't get an answer then it's their problem whatever you think of them. Don't want false assumptions, answer.

I expect people to ask me questions before they assume anything.

i do too. i try not to assume stuff and ask questions instead. it pisses me off when people assume and react before checking stuff.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2008, 10:49:55 AM »
she said no. it wasn't a statutory rape.

That is what she says. Polanski's version is different.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 05:37:03 PM »
she said no. it wasn't a statutory rape.

That is what she says. Polanski's version is different.

No answer, I assume. Always ask questions before you assume but if you don't get an answer then it's their problem whatever you think of them. Don't want false assumptions, answer.

I expect people to ask me questions before they assume anything.

i do too. i try not to assume stuff and ask questions instead. it pisses me off when people assume and react before checking stuff.
Okay I'm confused. Lot of you seem to find it okay he had sex with a 13 year old but you guys didn't find it okay when grael was in a relationship with flagg and you guys called her a pedo for it. So why isn't it okay for her to date someone under 18 but it's okay for the director to have sex with someone who was 13 at the time while Grael's online bf was only 16?

Having sex with a minor under the age of consent is worse than dating one IMO.

I think that what Roman Polanski did is completely despicable and I think that he should be castrated.

My daughter is not that much younger than 13 and if someone raped her, I could wield the rusty razor blade to do the job myself.

I also think that Graelwyn was wrong to groom Flagg into being her "boyfriend" because she was twice his age.

I think that she was a pedophile to try to seduce him but it's not on the same level as what Roman Polanski did.

If Flagg had been 16 and she had been 18 (which would be considered a legal adult in Oregon) I personally would not have had that much of a problem with it, but things are too unequal when there is that much age difference, IMO.

And if she is trying now to make it seem like Flagg conned her or something, then that sounds unlikely to me.  I think that it is more likely that he finally came to his senses and realized that she was way too old for him, or maybe that she was wrong for him for some other reasons as well.  Why should he not be allowed to realize that he made a mistake and get out of a bad situation?

Blasted

« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2009, 09:44:47 AM »
He was arrested when he tried to enter Switzerland yesterday.  Good on him.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2009, 09:59:09 AM »
I have trouble viewing Grael as a full-blown pedophile for her thing with flagg, but I think it was totally inappropriate and creepy as hell.

How do you feel about the people who got caught on some bullshit charge for silly things like public urination?  What I find so scary about sex offender laws is that anyone can run afoul of them for stupid little things that would never even matter in a sane world.
Those laws make me crazy.  Rape isn't viewed as enough of a crime in the U.S., but then we make peeing in public almost equivalent to it... fucking psycho, IMO.

I don't care if two 13-year-olds want to fuck each other. Some kids experiment, and by 13 most have the equipment. It's the power imbalance that seems to have caused the problem with Polanski. I don't think people should be pressured into sex through a major power imbalance regardless of their ages.
I care in that I think that they're too young to deal with the potential consquences of STDs or pregnancy, but you're right, it's the power differential.  I don't think two 13-year-olds having sex should be considered to be raping each other- or really doing anything morally wrong- but I think they're enganging in an activity that they don't (and can't as far as cognitive development goes- kids are hitting puberty faster, but their brain development isn't speeding up accordingly) understand the dangers of.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:07:47 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
He was arrested when he tried to enter Switzerland yesterday.  Good on him.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
I think 13 is way too young to be having sex in the vast amjority of cases. Obviously a lot of people are mature enough at that age and would end up fine, but I think most 13 year olds are no way near ready to be fucking each other. That being said, as long as they use a condom and both want to do it, then it's not a huge problem.

I was still a kid at 13 though, I wouldn't even say I was a teenager really (obviously physically I was 13, but emotionally I'm a few years behind), so maybe I'm not the best judge

Fucking a 14/15 year old isn't paedophilia though, as they're not pre-pubescent kids. I can't remember what the word is... begins with E?
Either way it's not right, but Graelwyn isn't a paedophile in any way imo.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »
Don't forget Jerry Lee Lewis and his Great Balls Of Fire.....

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2009, 11:15:59 AM »
I think 13 is way too young, too, but I'm not sure Polanski will get a fair trial because of who he is. His version (as told in his autobiography) is quite different from the one the media presents as the truth.

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2009, 02:06:17 PM »
Just because he's a paedo, does not invalidate his work. Sure I don't agree on it, but I'd watch his films.

Similar to how people like Gary Glitter's songs but want him dead.