Educational

Author Topic: Depression linked to Alzheimers  (Read 618 times)

Sophgay

Depression linked to Alzheimers
« on: April 08, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
spastics!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 06:43:27 PM by Sophgay »

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
Re: Depression linked to Alzheimers
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:06:10 PM »
I see you Soph :laugh:

Its studies like these that piss me off, and then experiments do shitty experiments sometimes because of psychological reasons. They miss things because it would result in them digging up their own issues, this is preconscious material.  I try to make things right, that makes it so that doesn't happen to me.  I plan on doing some lab work someday.  The stupid shit I see is stuff like exercise reduces cardiovascular risk 30%, and I say duh!,  why care so much about the fuckn numbers, its kind of waste of time. 

Soph, thanks for this article, I think it sounds intresting.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »
knowing two languages helps prevent alzheimers. :toporly:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 04:26:20 PM »
I understand alot of things am not supposed to, not according to other people.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 05:30:53 AM »
My Nana has Alzheimer's and her sister died from it, so it is in my family, plus I get depressed. If there is even a hint of me having it eventually, I am going to knock myself off. :P
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 08:52:08 AM »
my dad's mom has alzheimer's.
i won't live long enough to get it.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Taimaat

• Fresh Meat
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 03:50:27 PM »
my grandma has Alzheimers.  She was pretty depressed about it when she couldn't pay her bills anymore and had to stop living by herself.
The law of nature threefold
thou do unto others three times
what they have done unto thee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the Law, Love Under Will.

richard

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:06:27 PM »
how can you die from a disease that makes you forget? does it eat your brain or something? are they close to a cure yet? :zombiefuck:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »
how can you die from a disease that makes you forget? does it eat your brain or something? are they close to a cure yet? :zombiefuck:

It does deteriorate your brain.  Eventually, you forget how to do anything at all, even eat or sit up in bed, so you become bedridden and quite often you die of something like pneumonia or you get bedsores and they become infected.

My grandmother had Alzheimer's disease and she died of pneumonia.

There is no cure.  They have treatments, like Aricept, that help some of the symptoms, especially in the early and middle stages, but these medicines do not stop the decline, which is inevitable. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:19:34 PM by Callaway »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:13 PM »
i don't want to end up in that state. i think they should kill people like that. i'd rather my granma was mercykilled than let live like that. i never liked her but she doesn't deserve this. :(
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 11:27:06 PM »
i don't want to end up in that state. i think they should kill people like that. i'd rather my granma was mercykilled than let live like that. i never liked her but she doesn't deserve this. :(

We had to have a feeding tube implanted into my grandmother's stomach, since she would not eat enough otherwise.

If there is a mercy in Alzheimer's Disease, it is that the affected person does not realize their cognitive impairments. 

My grandmother very much wanted to live.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 11:37:33 PM »
it's no life living like that.

when i ate weedcake i felt like an alzheimer's patient. if it's that horrible everyone with alzheimer's should be shot immediately. i couldn't hold onto anything in my head but i was still aware somehow of that and it was hell.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 03:42:12 AM »
Some people keep their family members alive even though they have no quality of life. My Nana is not my Nana anymore. She has no personality anymore. I wish euthanasia to be legal.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 04:24:11 AM »
One of my teachers in high school (a Brother) called it "old-timer's disease". :lol:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 04:33:14 AM »
lolness. :lol:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar