Educational

Author Topic: Seroxat  (Read 1045 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Seroxat
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 12:55:56 AM »
i want lexapro. :(
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 04:19:22 AM »
Try something else because Lexapro is shit if you try and come off it. I get withdrawal symptoms if I miss two doses of it.

Maybe try Seroxat? :P
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 04:27:33 AM »
i wanna try lexapro cuz i had good results with cipramil which is the prev. version.

try paxil? nuh uh. it scares me, i knew someone who really hated it. so i'm afraid of a similar reaction. i want lexapro for now and if that goes crap i might try paxil despite my fear of it.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 04:30:13 AM »
"Once you try Lexapro, you will never come off it! Mwhahahahahahahahahahahaha!"
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 04:32:27 AM »
no that goes for effexor. lexapro is escitalopram, it can't be that bad. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:21 AM »
I am on Lexapro. I can't come off it. I did once before in hospital and I felt sick for three weeks. Now the doctor tells me I have to stay on it because my medication is working well right now.

Been on Effexor (venlafaxine) before. Had that and then switched to Lexapro.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 04:41:26 AM »
have you taken citalopram? have you taken prozac or zoloft and what were your reactions?

i've never had any problems coming off stuff. prozac, zoloft, cipramil, speed, cigarettes. i quit all those very easily.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 04:50:56 AM »
So, you are a quitter. :P

I have had Prozac, Effexor, Edronax, and mirtazepine. Came off all of those with no problem. Effexor gave me panic attacks and high blood pressure. And the other ones just didn't work.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 04:55:40 AM »
wtf! wtf is this edronax? i am reading about it and i think i have an adrenalin problem. might be tied to my executive dysfunction. ???
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Sophgay

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 05:02:44 AM »
i have executive dysfunction

seroxat is awesome
although i think it might be making me sick now and then
i dunno what it will be like when i come off it, but i dont care right now :laugh:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 05:09:33 AM »
i didn't know they made meds for adrenalin problems. i think i might try that... did you have any problems with it Ren and why did you quit?

i'm glad seroxat is working for you, Soph. 8) it does no good to worry about the coming off thing when it seems to be working. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Sophgay

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 05:14:09 AM »
these ones don't sound very nice: :laugh:

Lexapro side effects
Belching - Noisy release of gas from the stomach through the mouth; a burp.

Lexapro side effects
Bloating - Swelling of the belly caused by excessive intestinal gas.

Lexapro side effects
Constipation - Difficulty in having a bowel movement where the material in the bowels is hard due to a lack of exercise, fluid intake, and roughage in the diet, or due to certain drugs.

Lexapro side effects
Diarrhea - Unusually frequent and excessive, runny bowel movements that may result in severe dehydration and shock.

Lexapro side effects
Dyspepsia - Indigestion.  This is the discomfort you experience after eating.  It can be heartburn, gas, nausea, a bellyache or bloating.

Lexapro side effects
Flatulence - More gas than normal in the digestive organs.

" "I honestly didn't realize that there were so many side effects associated with this drug.  I'm a female who has been on Lexapro for about a year now.  My psychiatrist recommended the drug, saying that it had minimal side effects and would NOT cause me to gain weight.  Since being on the drug, I've gained 20 pounds.  I'm worse off now than I was before the drug.  I've recently tried to stop taking it, and have been without it for a week...and the last week has been extremely unpleasant.  Headaches, nausea, chills, tremors...it's horrible.""

it sounds like there are a lot of side effects

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 05:19:16 AM »
does cipramil have those? cuz i didn't get that on it or any meds i took.

cipramil gave me tardive dyskenesia. :laugh: twitches like i had tourettes. head shakes and stuff. i still twitch when i lie still and stuff.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Sophgay

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 05:21:58 AM »
im not sure
i cant find the thing for that
maybe if you went on that, but on a low dose for a while to see how it is, you might not get the bad side effects

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 05:30:39 AM »
i hope not. diarrhea would kill me. :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar