Educational

Author Topic: Crazy Church People  (Read 663 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Crazy Church People
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »
Awww video is not available anymore :( Stupid Youtube.
I really wanted to see the crazy church people.

Just visit the southeastern US and you'll see more crazy church people than you ever bargained for.  I went to a public high school in a southern state and once got gang-preached by the other students.

Does a gang-preach have any similarity to a gang-rape or a gang-beating-the-crap-out-of-you?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »
Awww video is not available anymore :( Stupid Youtube.
I really wanted to see the crazy church people.

Just visit the southeastern US and you'll see more crazy church people than you ever bargained for.  I went to a public high school in a southern state and once got gang-preached by the other students.

Does a gang-preach have any similarity to a gang-rape or a gang-beating-the-crap-out-of-you?

Closer to gang-rape, but I'd liken it more to bukkake.
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Persona

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
Church people are usually crazy.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 08:10:58 PM »
It's Tennessee WTF did you expect?  ::)

Persona

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 08:14:29 PM »
Polish church people are usually crazier IMO.

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 08:42:13 PM »

:laugh: That actually happens? I wrote a short story involving a scene like that at one point, but I didn't know enough about people to get it right.

What did they preach at you about?

Okay, this happened toward the end of English Literature class one afternoon in my junior year.  (late 80's)  The lesson was over and everyone was just sitting around waiting for the bell to ring.  That was at a time in my life when I was full-on trying to disguise my geek nature by dressing like a heavy metal freak.  (There was none of this geek-pride stuff going on yet.  That wouldn't be for another few years, so you'd have to try to disguise it in hopes of avoiding harassment.)  I end up with several other students who had been getting on my nerves all year, taking the seats surrounding me and wanting to have a discussion of religion and my eternal salvation.  Remember how everyone draws and writes shit on their folders?  They just had to comment on how evil all my hand-drawn heavy metal band logos and deliberately offensive phrases were.  (Granted, some of the phrases scrawled on my folder were meaner than spit.)  At one point, one of them said "We're not giving up."  He also asked where I lived.  "Don't have a car?  I'll pick you up Sunday morning."  Right!  :)  Like I was going to tell that fucker where I lived.  I don't remember much else, just trying to keep my cool until the bell rang so I could bolt out of there.

I guess y'all were hoping I'd say I kicked their asses and sent them flying in all directions.  I wish!  Sorry, but there was only one of me and about half a dozen brainwashed sheeple.  That many of them were just too many, and it would be another few years before I was to study karate so I'd have at least a snowball's chance in a gang-up situation like that if it came to violence.  It would also be another few years before I first learned of "Bob" while reading the advance bulletin of a huge sci-fi convention (with among its many guests, the Reverend Ivan Stang of the Church of the SubGenius, the only religion willing to admit it's completely full of shit).

Praise "Bob"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qt9MP70ODNw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »
lol Church of the Subgenius.   I remember that crap from highschool.

I have been preached to many times.   It got old years ago.   That is probably why I have only visited my parents once since moving out (to get more of my shit).   Preaching at me about Christianity seems to be all they are good for these days.
:P   Internets are super serious.