Author Topic: What is this and why am I fucked up?  (Read 547 times)

Sophgay

Re: What is this and why am I fucked up?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 01:44:39 PM »
I can't smell gas anymore. Still alive.

What about sounds?

I made a fuck-up the other week, when I went to the mental health assessment. They asked if I ever heard things that weren't there, and (because I'd decided I'd answer completely honestly so I got the right help) I said yes. But only because of my AS I think. The sound of the radiator (you know when it's quiet and you can hear the sounds it makes) sounds like people talking sometimes, and things like that. So I hear voices when no one's there, but only because I'm mishearing things that no one else notices (I am hypersensitive to background noise). It's annoying though because now I'm scared to talk to them about a real problem I have, incase they associate it with that and think I'm crazy.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:36 PM »
Another time, I smelled natural gas odorant smell in our house, so I went straight out and bought a carbon monoxide and gas detector and installed it in the basement where the furnace is and it detected nothing.  Then I replaced the furnace filter since it had been a while since I had replaced it and the smell went away.

Sophgay

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 01:47:00 PM »
I am a bit paranoid about carbon monoxide now. I get paranoid about things if I read about them, and I read about it a lot after Michael and Sophie died. I do that with illnesses as well. That's why I'm scared to research symptoms when I'm ill; I find things that are worse than I actually am, and convince myself that I have that.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 01:48:42 PM »
I am a bit paranoid about carbon monoxide now. I get paranoid about things if I read about them, and I read about it a lot after Michael and Sophie died. I do that with illnesses as well. That's why I'm scared to research symptoms when I'm ill; I find things that are worse than I actually am, and convince myself that I have that.

Detectors for CO aren't very expensive, so you could get one if you are concerned.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 02:24:55 PM »
There are smells I like or can stand but lot of people can't stand it. Unleaded gas, permament marker, that spray stuff teacher use on the boards to wipe it off, skunks, that perfume stuff that sprays.

If someone uses too much spray perfume on them, it seems like lot of people can't stand the smell because they complain about it to the person who is wearing it. The skunk smell used to bother me but I got used to it but lot of people still hate the smell so I wouldn't bother getting the smell into my own home, same as all the other smells I mentioned. I wouldn't want it on me either.

I always wonder why is it that I like the smell of unleaded gas and permenent markers, and that spray stuff teachers use on their boards, and they also don't bother me. Is it me being insensitive to smells? Sometimes I can't smell something other people are smelling and it takes me longer to finally notice it. Sometimes I don't even smell something. I probably have something wrong with my sense of smell so it makes me not smell everything I am supposed to smell. Maybe there is something in the unleaded gas smell other people are smelling I can't smell, same as with the other smells that I don't mind.

Sophgay

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 02:26:10 PM »
Oh fuck I love marker pens
I sniff marker pens, but I know I shouldn't
And nail polish

I haven't seen any CO Detectors
I will look them up sometime

Persona

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »
I am double-jointed  :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
I have lots of sensory issues either to much information or not enough with some overlap thrown in for good measure also :-\

SG you are not alone with liking those smells I have always liked skunks and unleaded gas your to young to remember regular leaded gas that was even better :green:

Double jointed also but beginning to pay the price in aches and pains as I get older:(
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
I still remember the petrol station down the road
They've replaced it with a retail park now
There's a McDonalds there
Also a KFC, a Pizza Hat, a Blockbusters and about fifteen sofa shops
Sofa is like my name if I were a god
And Shops is an anagram of me if I was plural

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »
Sounds like you are experiencing synaesthesia Soph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Lucky!
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Sophgay

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »
Oh I never thought of that

I used to think I might be like that a few years ago

I get the numbers/days/letters in colour stuff too, but I think a lot of people do that

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »
I farted.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 05:26:33 AM »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 10:49:14 AM »
4 is yellow, 3 is orange... 5 is blue... 2 is white. 7 is a brownish green...

I can't smell gas anymore. Still alive.

What about sounds?

I made a fuck-up the other week, when I went to the mental health assessment. They asked if I ever heard things that weren't there, and (because I'd decided I'd answer completely honestly so I got the right help) I said yes. But only because of my AS I think. The sound of the radiator (you know when it's quiet and you can hear the sounds it makes) sounds like people talking sometimes, and things like that. So I hear voices when no one's there, but only because I'm mishearing things that no one else notices (I am hypersensitive to background noise). It's annoying though because now I'm scared to talk to them about a real problem I have, incase they associate it with that and think I'm crazy.

you should specify to them what you meant with the voices.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »
i don't smell gas cuz we don't use gas. ;D
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: