Educational

Author Topic: bathroom story  (Read 291 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
bathroom story
« on: March 13, 2008, 11:31:44 AM »
Boyfriend: Woman lived in bathroom

By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press WriterThu Mar 13, 7:46 AM ET

A 35-year-old woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time he called police had a phobia about leaving the bathroom, the boyfriend said.

"She is an adult; she made her own decision," said her boyfriend, Kory McFarren. "I should have gotten help for her sooner; I admit that. But after a while, you kind of get used to it."

The case drew nationwide attention after Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat in the two years she apparently was in the bathroom.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

McFarren, 36, said he can't be certain how long Pam Babcock stayed in the bathroom because "time just went by so quick I can't pinpoint how long." He said beatings she received in her childhood caused her phobia.

"It just kind of happened one day; she went in and had been in there a little while, the next time it was a little longer. Then she got it in her head she was going to stay — like it was a safe place for her," McFarren said.

But McFarren said she moved around in the bathroom during that time, bathed and changed into the clothes he brought her. He brought food and water to her. They had conversations and had an otherwise normal relationship — except it all happened in the bathroom.

McFarren said he finally called police Feb. 27 after he became worried because Babcock was acting groggy — like she didn't know what was going on, except she was awake.

What emergency responders found when they went into bathroom has left residents of this small western Kansas town buzzing, and law enforcement officials incredulous.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

She initially refused emergency medical services, but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

Whipple said the county attorney will determine whether any charges should be filed against McFarren.

McFarren, who works at an antique store, said he has been taking care of Babcock for the 16 years they have lived together. He insisted that he tried to coax her out of the bathroom every day.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

She was reported in fair condition Wednesday at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Babcock has an infection in her legs that has damaged her nerves, and there is a possibility she may wind up in a wheelchair, McFarren said.

James Ellis, a neighbor, said he had known the woman since she was a child, but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," Ellis said.

Babcock had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up, he said.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

She grew around it :eh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

Re: bathroom story
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 11:52:58 AM »
wtf

i am the opposite; i can't wait to get the hell out of the bathroom whenever i go in it
she must have had a pretty fucked up childhood :(
you'd think her boyfriend would have done something sooner though

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 11:55:08 AM »
I read about this and I am having a hard time believing it.

If it is real, I feel really bad for the paramedics and the staff at the ER, the sights and smell must have been foul.

Sophgay

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »
yeah i wouldn't want to have to deal with stuff like that

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:18:05 PM »
Did the boyfriend have a second toilet that he used?  How did she wipe her arse if she was stuck to the seat?  Was there 2 years of dried shit stuck in her arse-pubes?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »

The place where it happened.  Enough said.

(Cue up "Dueling Banjos", like in that movie Deliverance.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:54:57 PM by garmonbozia »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:15:07 PM »
you can wipe your ass while sitting Pete. :P

this is awful, my friend told me about it. just fucked up. how did she flush? did she eat on the toilet? did she wash her hands? just gross. her bf should have called someone. i mean seriously. lol i told mom and she said she would defo call someone if i got stuck in the toilet. :laugh: i was like, yeah thanks. :laugh:

the bf prolly had a second bathroom.

there's been cases where people have been glued to sofas and their SOs have brought them food. fucked up. enablers like that should be held responsible, though they must be crazy themselves. i mean who lets someone poop on a sofa for years? ???
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Sophgay

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 08:16:14 PM »
If you add an A to the end of my name, it sounds like "sofa"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 08:18:48 PM »
If you add an A to the end of my name, it sounds like "sofa"

Are going to live on a sopha now :zoinks:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Sophgay

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »
no one shit on me while you sit on me, please :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 08:41:27 PM »
I need to be cleaned.

Sophgay

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »
me too
i just had a shower though

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 08:49:51 PM »
God Bless America

Sophgay

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 08:52:12 PM »
God bless Loreal kids No Tears Banana-Scented shampoo

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 08:56:03 PM »
lol. bananas. :toporly:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: