Author Topic: Can Aspies go to parties and be married?  (Read 4175 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Can Aspies go to parties and be married?
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2008, 08:50:34 PM »
Those who say people don't have AS just because they have succeeded in their life or they go to parties or go to bars, have a partners, etc. are asses IMO. I think they're just jealous because an aspie is having something they can't have or don't have, so what do they do about it, say "You don't have AS" or "He/she doesn't have AS."
Heather on the top American Super Model show got that crap on WP. She saw all that and mentioned it in her blog. She never replied to any of the posts.

I have an aspie friend who likes going to a bar and drinks and he also loves going to his favorite sport games in his town and another aspie saw the picture he posted with him at the game and told him he wasn't an aspie because no aspie would go to a sports game he said. What a jerk. Glad I stopped talking to him. He was a pain in the ass on the forum we all went to and then he left and the forum was less active because he created dramas and had arguments with one of the mods. I may like them but him, he was hell annoying and I didn't care he had left.

The term for them is "Uber Aspies" or "Aspier-than-thou".  (My invention :green: )  The forum worlds are full of them.  It's the same type of peer pressure and ridicule that we complain about NT's using on us.  I like going to a bar once in a while, of course it's only certain type of bars that I can tolerate.  I liked going to sports games too, that is when time and effort allows.  Anywho I have no tolerance for those who say, "Those who don't act like this are frauds", "People who don't think like us are frauds". 

So what are we complaining about NT's for???   ::)

Very clever and appropriate.

Hey, it's a good thing they have not identified a genetic component or some of us might actually have autistic children.

Then, what the hell would we do?

:D
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2008, 10:43:20 PM »
Those who say people don't have AS just because they have succeeded in their life or they go to parties or go to bars, have a partners, etc. are asses IMO. I think they're just jealous because an aspie is having something they can't have or don't have, so what do they do about it, say "You don't have AS" or "He/she doesn't have AS."
Heather on the top American Super Model show got that crap on WP. She saw all that and mentioned it in her blog. She never replied to any of the posts.

I have an aspie friend who likes going to a bar and drinks and he also loves going to his favorite sport games in his town and another aspie saw the picture he posted with him at the game and told him he wasn't an aspie because no aspie would go to a sports game he said. What a jerk. Glad I stopped talking to him. He was a pain in the ass on the forum we all went to and then he left and the forum was less active because he created dramas and had arguments with one of the mods. I may like them but him, he was hell annoying and I didn't care he had left.

The term for them is "Uber Aspies" or "Aspier-than-thou".  (My invention :green: )  The forum worlds are full of them.  It's the same type of peer pressure and ridicule that we complain about NT's using on us.  I like going to a bar once in a while, of course it's only certain type of bars that I can tolerate.  I liked going to sports games too, that is when time and effort allows.  Anywho I have no tolerance for those who say, "Those who don't act like this are frauds", "People who don't think like us are frauds". 

Very clever and appropriate.

Hey, it's a good thing they have not identified a genetic component or some of us might actually have autistic children.

Then, what the hell would we do?

:D

:laugh:

I wonder who my daughter got it from?

Couldn't be me, since I'm married to her dad.

I couldn't have gotten it from my dad, since he was married to my mom.

Seriously, Richard, we are all the same in some ways and all different in others.  Just because some of us are married or have children or attend parties, that does not mean that we don't have our own set of challenges to deal with.  Saying that married people can't have AS would be kind of like saying that anyone who has had sex can't have AS and you know that's not true.

I like Ozymandias' invention, "Aspier-than-thou."

I don't want to name names, but there was this guy we knew who said that everyone who was not exactly like him in every way was a "fake aspie."

He was kind of funny, in a way.  I wonder where he got his credentials for diagnosing people with AS, especially over the internet.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2008, 10:52:38 PM »

I wonder who my daughter got it from?

Couldn't be me, since I'm married to her dad.

I couldn't have gotten it from my dad, since he was married to my mom.

Seriously, Richard, we are all the same in some ways and all different in others.  Just because some of us are married or have children or attend parties, that does not mean that we don't have our own set of challenges to deal with.  Saying that married people can't have AS would be kind of like saying that anyone who has had sex can't have AS and you know that's not true.

I like Ozymandias' invention, "Aspier-than-thou."

I don't want to name names, but there was this guy we knew who said that everyone who was not exactly like him in every way was a "fake aspie."

He was kind of funny, in a way.  I wonder where he got his credentials for diagnosing people with AS, especially over the internet.

Thank you.   :-*
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2008, 02:11:31 AM »
hm, yeah i believe you. you dont see me attacking his suposid "arseburgers" he has? your not this dumb and are trying to act dumb. you fail miserably clique boy

I doubt it would hurt your credibility in this matter if you used the actual labels, such as "AS", "Asperger", or simply "autism".
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2008, 02:13:16 AM »
Uhm, well i guess we can continue arguing about how your not trying to act dumb and like your not in the webmonkey click if you want, frankly i think the point is already made though :hahaha:

But, but wait a minute!

I want to be in your clique.

:eyelash:

If I dis' Odeon by calling him a Swede, would that get me in or do I have to be diagnosed?

*slap*

Outside. You and me. NOW!

(+)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2008, 02:18:28 AM »
ok lets get one thing streight here. i dont know HOW many times i have to do this or say this, but this is gonna be the last fuckin time. i am not jelouse of anyone who is higher functioning living with aspergers, frankly i think its cool if people can live sucsessfully with it. but honestly i dont think everyone here has arseburgers. this is my opinion, and since i like feeding off peoples insecurites wich is what your allowing me to do everyone, you would think you would get it. but no! and if you do have arseburgers why do you care what i think? it only makes me moar suspicious of your diagnosis if you argue otherwise

:yawn:

Do you have an actual point hidden somewhere?

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2008, 03:22:09 AM »
wants attention.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2008, 04:24:53 AM »
Well his idea of the "cliques" thing was funny.

Easy mistake to make seeing people like each other and assuming them in a clique. Especially if you have never have never had any experience of being in a clique......or liked for that matter

:lol: :asthing:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline AspiePride

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2008, 04:31:42 AM »
Why are ppl bitching like a bunch of NT's
Normality Is A Myth

duncvis

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2008, 04:37:50 AM »

The term for them is "Uber Aspies" or "Aspier-than-thou".  (My invention  :green: )  The forum worlds are full of them.  It's the same type of peer pressure and ridicule that we complain about NT's using on us.  I like going to a bar once in a while, of course it's only certain type of bars that I can tolerate.  I liked going to sports games too, that is when time and effort allows.  Anywho I have no tolerance for those who say, "Those who don't act like this are frauds", "People who don't think like us are frauds". 

Amuses the shit out of me. perhaps those who fit the narrow list of permitted activities and abilities approved by the ubers should be classed as ATs (Autietypicals) so that those of us who are more variable in our abilities/luck/willingness to stick our necks out aren't so easily confused with Real Aspies/Autistics.  :police:

Anyway, none of you are really autistic. Except me, obviously. *thread officially dead*

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2008, 04:40:58 AM »
the wittiness in this thread is close to hitting the sky. :lol:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline AspiePride

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2008, 04:43:49 AM »
the wittiness in this thread is close to hitting the sky. :lol:

I agree  ::)
Normality Is A Myth

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2008, 05:01:02 AM »

People bitch. It's not something that is exclusive to the folks without labels.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2008, 05:07:56 AM »

Hey I call this conversation. Light entertainment and a de-stress from work.
you call it bitching?
I think it is kinda mindless fun... :laugh:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2008, 05:09:07 AM »

Hey I call this conversation. Light entertainment and a de-stress from work.
you call it bitching?
I think it is kinda mindless fun... :laugh:

I didn't call it bitching. I merely replied.

But mindless is right. ;D

- Albert Einstein