Educational

Author Topic: drive thru horrors  (Read 1471 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
drive thru horrors
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:05:38 PM »
so i get up to the window and inform them that i want BBQ sauce for the mcnuggets.

they reply that they ran out.  so i inform them that that will be 50 cents please.  "huh" comes their response.  so i inform them that whenever i want extra they prceed to charge me 25 cents per.  i prdered two nuggets that come with 2 free sauces.  since they cannot accomodate my requsted choice they owe me 50 cents.
they don't give in.
Misunderstood.

Postperson

Re: drive thru horrors
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 03:07:31 PM »
I can hardly understand what they're saying, the sound is so distorted. I like the idea of drive thrus, I just wish you could get everything at a drive thru.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 03:08:17 PM »
on my next visit i don't order nuggets but request some sauce for other things, not usually requiring sauce.
they have the audacity to try to charge me.
i inform them that last time i was here and ordered their fake fucking chicken parts they were out of my sauce of choice.  its time for them to pay up, so can even the score.  and i aint paing one goddamned extra cent for my request of sauces.
they oblige my request.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »
The drive throughs here don't charge for extra sauce.  That is good because my daughter likes sauce for her fries, but she is allergic to their nuggets.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:17:22 PM »
so the dipshits forget my wifes tacos.

she's pregnant ant gets all emotional and cries about it.  i cant handle it anymore.  so i get on the phone and inform them that i am coming in, and expect prompt service and a manager.
no problem, is their courteous response.

not knowing what they are in for...

i show up with reciept in hand and accept the tacos, and i just stand there.
is there anything else?

yes, i say, i expect to be reimbursed for the entire $16.43.
what
yes, i want all my money back.

but you have product.
yes i do, but you have stolen my time, wheres my money (getting louder).
thats not our policy.
so what, its my policy not to be ripped off (even louder)
my policy is that the customer is always right (louder still)

sir, i am going to ask you to leave.
i am going to ask you for the phone number to your corporate office, and what is your name (almost yelling), as i puposefully turn my mobile phone on.

sir.

i interupt in response say SIR, what, give me my money, NOW!

they give me my money back, and i still request the corporate number.

those yank-offs, who do they think they were dealing with.  thats BS.  i bet they 'accidently' forget to include 1000 bucks worth of food per day, and they sweat me over my $16.

BTW- i will call (always do) and i get free gift cards, usually $5 or $10.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »
My husband used to work at a fast-food restaurant.  Believe it or not, they always try to put their best employees on the drive throughs.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 03:22:59 PM »
i worked for mickey D's when i was 16.  my first real job.  i know they do, but that does not compensate me for my time.

i pay for a product and expect to get the contracted value.  if i don't i expect to be compensated accordingly.

if their is an incorrest price on an item at the grocery store iand i notice it at check out i dont ask that the price be fixed, i request the item to be for free.  weights and measures fines them hundreds of thousands of dollares for incorrect pricing, i am doing them a favor.
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
Checkers. Every damn we time we go there they always give us the wrong damn food! It's the only place that jacks up our order. I order a Big Bufurd burger, ad I receive some soggy wrapped up piece of crap that turns out to be a chili cheese burger with extra liquid cheddar, or a mushrooms swiss burger with extra liquid swiss. Which is why I take up their time sitting in drive thru going through all my food, because I know they'll fuck up something. Damn for having great fries and an even better chicken sandwich!
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Triste

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 05:16:31 PM »
so the dipshits forget my wifes tacos...
I have a name for guys like you:  Dragonslayer.  It means you help damsels in distress.  Your wife is lucky to have you deal with those assholes for you.  (I have one too and I treasure him)

And about "accidentally" forgetting an item when you go to a drive-through, maybe it is intentional.  They never seem to do that when you're at the counter.  And who actually goes back through the drive-thru again or goes into the store when they discover an item is missing????  WTF???

Here's one of my food service stories:
The family and I went to a restaurant and had just been seated.  As the busboy brings over water, he spilled an entire pint-glass of ice water on my chest.  The whole thing, ice cubes and all.  I was soaked and cold. Everybody in the restaurant was staring at me.  He apologized, I was stunned.  I expected the manager or someone to come over but nobody did.  When the waiter came to take our orders, he acted like nothing had happened (can't he see I'm completely wet???)  I asked to speak to the manager, who finally came over, made some stupid apology.  Nothing else.  I was furious - I had to sit there, in public, drenched and freezing.  So I asked to have my meal comped.  He then ARGUED with me about it!  I couldn't believe it - I told him the customer service was crappy, ranted and raved, and he finally relented.  Came to find out that they comped all 4 of our meals.  $100 dollars worth.  It wasn't worth it, though.  The food sucked.  Or maybe it was just my attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 06:20:02 PM »
except you have a reason for your attitude to suck, they had no excuse.

thanks, i like the idea of being a draggonslayer.

here that draggon?
Misunderstood.

Hibakusha

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 06:22:02 PM »
so the dipshits forget my wifes tacos...
And about "accidentally" forgetting an item when you go to a drive-through, maybe it is intentional.  They never seem to do that when you're at the counter.  And who actually goes back through the drive-thru again or goes into the store when they discover an item is missing????  WTF???

OMG...the topic for my first Current TV Pod
I have BAD drive thru "KARMA"
This must thread not die
I will be back soon
gotta go

Triste

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 08:02:08 PM »
OMG...the topic for my first Current TV Pod
I have BAD drive thru "KARMA"
This must thread not die
I will be back soon
gotta go

Bring us back a pic, will ya?

Hibakusha

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 09:25:14 PM »
I was going to go off about how 60% of my drive-thru experiences are Shakespearean scenarios.
When I first read this thread, I immediately reminisced thru my flashback archive of fast food managers’ whose life’s, I have forever altered. However, I will just briefly get the idea across by saying a couple things regarding this interesting facet of my life.
At least once a month, for the past however many decades, I personally greet one of these power mongers at the counter with a wronged delivery of specified items. Not that I am overly creative in any star bursting kind of way, nor do I demand attention for my creative invention…but. It is usually an epic, worthy, as an example for the way the Harvard debate team should conduct themselves.
If you have ever imagined, what it would be like to be in a complete vacuum with zero gravity, that would describe the appearance of said manager when I was thru with him. Concurrently, the other managers who do not get the pleasure of being sucked into the black hole of altruistic guilt, all happen to be blessed with spirit. Based on this simple scientific evidence, 40% of all fast food managers are female.
I’m just really grateful I was capable of refraining myself from going off about drive-thru’s.
In closure, my basic experience with fast food places is simple, drive thru, walk thru, and their through.
So I often wonder about how lives I have saved from the corporate career oriented world of make believe.

get the picture?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »
specifics please.
instances would be nice.
Misunderstood.

Triste

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 09:36:09 PM »
I was going to say the same thing.  Tell us a story of one of your rants.