Educational

Author Topic: Do you get Pissed when everyone thinks your their personal tech support?  (Read 524 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
If you have a lot of knowledge with computers, electronics, games, pirating ect. Doesn't it get annoying when people find out? and they expect you to fix their computer for free or put songs on there Mp3 player for them? I would usually say no but I live on such a small island with lots of people that know me and know of me and it would be bad for my reputation to say "No" all the time.

The most annoyance is my freinds from Summer camp. The only electronic thing i had there was my CD player and they were asking if I had any Hillary Duff music and how I download free music (these girls were 13 and I was 18 big age difference they were also mentally retarded in many ranges.

The annoying thing is is that I have these two freinds from camp on MSN. They are constantly asking me how I download ROMS for my Nintendo DS and expect me to order the cartages and mail them to them! Of course they would pay me back BUT STILL. Can't they learn all by themselves from failing until you learn?
I failed so many times from pirating video games and downloading emulators and than I eventually learned with patience. It would be mean to block them I'm not that shallow but I think I will get a new MSN account.

I just don't go to my brother (highly gifted computer/video games/hacking/pirating person) and cry to him to do everything for him.
I used to when I was 12 after so many "No's"  when I turned 17 and got my own computer I figured it out all myself without annoying the hell out of my brother.

I bet a few of you get tired of this. This was just a bitch to let off some steam but some of you probaly feel how annoying it is.
Park.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Do you get Pissed when everyone thinks your their personal tech support?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 03:10:53 AM »
Hey, can you tell me what I did wrong, when I ripped
out IE integral components?  :zoinks:

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 04:11:38 AM »
My any key seems to be missing.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 04:20:01 AM »
 :zoinks:

Guess you'll have to reconfigure.

duncvis

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 04:26:36 AM »
*takes keys off and tries to find Any key*

*phails*

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 04:29:17 AM »
I hate it cos I cant help offering help, I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to that.

Like when family seem like they cant live without Messenger Plus, and dont read shit when installing it and end up installing the spyware etc, and then their machines eventually grind to a halt from infestation.

Then its back up their whole hard drive, wipe and reinstall, good times...NOT.

Or when they ask for advice for what to buy, I tell them, and then days/weeks later they show off their new puchase and it isnt what U suggested and then they tell you what a great deal they got. Yeah, you got a piece of shit, well done moron. But you cant tell them that, cos then you are an asshole killjoy. Whatever.

Whats worse though is helping someone who is technical, but just cant solve their problem, so they ask you. Except when you tell them to try this or that, they say that it cant be that and refuse to try. Like then why did you ask for my help, and the fact that you wont try something is a fucking huge warning sign that you missed something, dickweed!!!  :finger:

Offline Gluey

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 04:36:31 AM »
:zoinks:

Guess you'll have to reconfigure.

Haha very funny  :zoinks:
Park.

Offline Gluey

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 04:41:32 AM »
I hate it cos I cant help offering help, I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to that.

Like when family seem like they cant live without Messenger Plus, and dont read shit when installing it and end up installing the spyware etc, and then their machines eventually grind to a halt from infestation.

Or when they ask for advice for what to buy, I tell them, and then days/weeks later they show off their new puchase and it isnt what U suggested and then they tell you what a great deal they got. Yeah, you got a piece of shit, well done moron. But you cant tell them that, cos then you are an asshole killjoy. Whatever.

Whats worse though is helping someone who is technical, but just cant solve their problem, so they ask you. Except when you tell them to try this or that, they say that it cant be that and refuse to try. Like then why did you ask for my help, and the fact that you wont try something is a fucking huge warning sign that you missed something, dickweed!!!  :finger:

Yes.  I feel your tolerance is crumbling.
The other day one of those camp freind girls said "Help me with this part in Pirates of The Caribbean I can't beat this part...I'm stuck"
I just said "Sorry I don't play that game" but what was going on in my thoughts were "THAT GAME SUCKS!!! WHEY The hell are you playing that?"
Also her idea of a good game is The Suit life of Zack and Cody" for Nintendo DS  which she told me she loves.
I'm also surrounded by people who overate the Wii.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:43:15 AM by Ringo4Me »
Park.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 04:47:44 AM »
 Not only all stairways had inclines
added for "Tsarina" Roosevelt's com-
puterized wheelchair but a football field-
sized glass house-type building was
built in back of the White House for
his medicinal, piped-in pure warmed
seawater into his gigantic suicide-proof
two feet-deep swimming pool where
he waded naked with his nurses and
had SODOMY AFFAIRS. Ones very
near to him have written POPULAR
BOOKS about his SODOMY oy vey
love affairs! Already in his third term
he was a HELPLESS AND USELESS
STRETCHER CASE, incapable of even
appearing at his fourth term convention!

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 05:43:57 AM »
Yes.  I feel your tolerance is crumbling.
The other day one of those camp freind girls said "Help me with this part in Pirates of The Caribbean I can't beat this part...I'm stuck"
I just said "Sorry I don't play that game" but what was going on in my thoughts were "THAT GAME SUCKS!!! WHEY The hell are you playing that?"
Also her idea of a good game is The Suit life of Zack and Cody" for Nintendo DS  which she told me she loves.
I'm also surrounded by people who overate the Wii.

I'd just point them to gamefaqs or something.

Ah you just think the Wii is overrated cos you are a PS3 emo  :zoinks:

GalileoAce

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 06:53:28 AM »
:lol: I don't mind it much that people think of me of their tech support, I've just learnt to set boundaries.

GalileoAce

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 07:01:51 AM »

Whats worse though is helping someone who is technical, but just cant solve their problem, so they ask you. Except when you tell them to try this or that, they say that it cant be that and refuse to try. Like then why did you ask for my help, and the fact that you wont try something is a fucking huge warning sign that you missed something, dickweed!!!  :finger:

We share much in common.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »
just what IS dickweed?

Does it grow out of smegma?

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 09:01:49 AM »
just what IS dickweed?

Does it grow out of smegma?

obviously a cleaver joke, but dont you practice creative ad-libbed insults and swear words? It's almost a competition here at my house between me and my wife, to see who can come up with something creative enough to make the other laugh at times,

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 10:14:10 AM »
I hate when my family bothers me for tech support I wish they would leave me alone and think for themselves for once, especially my mom who has been using a computer longer than I have!