Author Topic: How many times have you been hospitalized and why?  (Read 799 times)

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
How many times have you been hospitalized and why?
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:40:42 AM »
these are all in order throughout my life.

When I was around 2 years old I had anaphelectic shock from eating red lobster I was diagnosed with a severe fish allergy
When I was 3 I was swinging on my shelves saying 'hoo hoo ha ha! I'm a Monkey" and i fell and hit my head bad and had to get a head X-Ray.
When I was 8 I had the body Flu. A Doctor put a suppository up my ass.
Just before I turned 9 I spent two months in a child psychiatric unit. That's where I was diagnosed with Aspergers, Touretts, OCD, Sleep disorder and ADHD.
When I was 12 I was taken to the hospital cause I fainted after hallucinating Neopets (I'm not trying to be funny It did happen.
Than when I was 13 I spent a Summer in the teen psych ward because I had an Obsession with fire and my mom caught me playing with a lighter and burnigng paper with it. I developed whooping cough while I was there and nobody fucking believed me until I had a chest X-ray they just though I was being crazy.
Than 2 weeks right afteri was taken to emergency with bad stomach pain I was having diahrea and thowing up everything imaginalbe. Appendicitis was the diagnosis and they almost took it out! it was so scary.I just worry about it coming back. One of the reasons why I'm vegetarian.

anyways whats your story?

Park.

GalileoAce

Re: How many times have you been hospitalized and why?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 02:49:16 AM »
Once. To have "gromits" inserted in my ear to help with an ear infection/hearing issue I'd been having at age 5.

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:55:16 AM »
I've never had to stay overnight, except when I was born.

The last to times I've been, one was a headache that was so bad I couldn't take my medicine, the other one was my neck had a spasm but they weren't sure and wanted me to come in in case I had broken something.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 02:59:11 AM »
Once, for a week (or so) with
disentary (sp?)

Went into the emergency room once,
for 2nd degree burns.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 03:13:57 AM »
Ouch
Park.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 03:14:26 AM »
At first I thought you meant in the hospital for a few days due to problems or months.

I have been in the hospital many times. My mother took me when I was an infant for fevers and ear infections and for constipation too.

I was taken there when I was a year and a half for tubes to be put in my ears and adnoids (however it's spelled) to be taken out. Then I had to go back at age two to have tubes put in again because they fell out and I had to go to have my tonsouls taken out.

I remember being taken to the hospital when I was 5 because I had a bad ear infection. I was taken to an ear doctor when I was seven because my ear was hurting and it turned out it was because my tube was starting to fall out and it got stuck so the skin was starting to grow around it so it had to be operated on and taken out.

I was taken in for suspected ADHD when I was 10 and I was taken to the hospital up on the hill when I was 12 for a diagnoses. I was also tested for autism too. I didn't even know I had done the tests till this year. I don't remember any of it, nor the day I was diagnosed.

I have gone to the hospital three times at age 21 back in Montana because I couldn't pee and I had to go really bad.

I had to go into ER again last June when my arm was hurting real bad because I had fallen on it.

I went to the hospital a lot when I was a baby because of my speech delay and I went to the hospital for check ups, shots, etc. In my teens it was the health clinic for my period because it always made me real emotional so I was put on birth control.

When I was 15 my mother took me to a nutritionist because I was heading for anorexia just because I was told at the health fair at my school I had 40 pounds of body fat so I was trying to lose it by eating less and I stopped eating all my food on my plate. So what the nutritionist did was measured my bodyfat the right way and told me it was 19 percent and it should be at 21 percent. The two men at the health fair put some computer device on my arm and put it in the little machine and told me my body fat and said how many pounds of it I had. They said it was healthy but it freaked me out.

My mother once had to take me into the hospital when I was 14 because I got stung by a bee and the pain never went away so my mother took me in and they took the stinger out, put something on my foot to get rid of the pain. I had stepped on a bee in my bedroom and it hurt like hell.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 06:25:06 AM »
Two days for kidney stones.  As for emergency room I lost count
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:42:47 AM by parts »
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Soph

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 06:34:31 AM »
Never overnight
A few times for broken legs etc. Mostly just getting hurt playing

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:52 AM »
When I was a baby and up to five years old I had eye operations, that is four times right there.

I also had pneumonia as a toddler and had to go to hospital for that.

Pretty healthy up to my twenties. Then I had a lump removed from my leg and stayed in hospital overnight.

Had my appendix removed and a week after I came out of hospital for that, I had to go back again as I had the start of peritonitis.

Another stay in hospital was when I had my jaw broken and reset as part of orthodontic work.

And there are also my three psychiatric hospital stays, the longest being three months.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 08:31:24 AM »
Five times for overnight procedures, all for eye surgery.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 08:31:32 AM »
I was circumcised at around 4, I was beaten up by indian druggies at 16 and went to get looked at because of police.

ozymandias

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »
Not since I had my tonsils removed 50 some odd years ago!  Otherwise a few trips to the emergency room for minor things and a few out patient procedures, also minor.

The_P

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 08:44:34 AM »
I've been hospitalised a couple of times, but not for mental health related reasons. :zoinks:

Kosmonaut

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 08:54:08 AM »
I had paralysis in my legs when i was five years old. Spent two weeks in hospital, they couldnt find anything wrong with them. I woke up one morning and they were okay, I dont know what happened there.  ???
I've fractured my tibia-fibia, needed a pin put in. Spent a few weeks on that occassion.
Last time was when i had my appendix out, think i spent a night or two.
Not been in overnight for nearly twenty years now.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 08:56:56 AM »
A few times because of bed wetting as a kid, and a couple of times to see a dermatologist and an endocrinologist.  I've been to A&E a couple of times too; once because my stomach was doing weird things after a drug binge and once after I got food poisoning and bashed my face when I passed out in the bathroom.  Also once because my dad wanted me to see my gran again before she died.  I've never spent more than an hour or two at a time in hospitals.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?