Author Topic: How old is your cat?  (Read 891 times)

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: How old is your cat?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 11:33:25 AM »
Martha is about 14 years old, Pete (feral outside cat) is probably under 1 since his nuts just came out.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
Luna was estimated to be 6 or 7 when she came to live here. That was bit more than 6 years ago. So she is 12 or 13 by now. Getting a bit of an older cat attitude now.

Lorre is of the same age as Pete, I recon. His nuts were coming out last month. And now they are completely out of him, somewhere in a veterinary dumpster. He still is growing in height and length. Was a wee cat when he got here December 6th. By now he is clearly higher than Luna.

Lorre's nickname is Hendrik Dramkeutel, btw. Because he can be very persistent in begging for, or rather demanding more food.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 08:39:10 PM »
Martha is about 14 years old, Pete (feral outside cat) is probably under 1 since his nuts just came out.

I plan on harvesting his nuts, but he's so skittyish (pun) I'm afraid he would be scared off permanently if he were to be contained for transport.  It's been almost 6 months and he still on;y lets me come so close.  If I do manage to touch him he flinches as he runs away.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2017, 09:25:54 PM »
Lenny is going to be 9 sometime this fall, I'm not sure when if its September or October..

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 07:40:05 AM »

I plan on harvesting his nuts, but he's so skittyish (pun) I'm afraid he would be scared off permanently if he were to be contained for transport.  It's been almost 6 months and he still on;y lets me come so close.  If I do manage to touch him he flinches as he runs away.

Anyone you know with a catching cage? Local animal shelter may know someone with a device like that. If after the neuterimg you could borrow a big bench, you might keep him contained for a while to heal. And in that time, he might become more attached to you. Food, water, a litterbox, maybe even some brushing with a glove on a stick. If you do not get his nuts harvested, he may go for a fucking world tour, when his hormones gain control.

Local animal shelter may be very willing to help you with it all. They may have a programm to get strays neutered.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »
My B&W cat Mitsuko was born in Aug 2009 according to the RSPCA, so that makes her 7.5 right now.
My second cat Devo was born around my birthday in Nov 2013, so he is a bit over 3 years old now.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 09:03:36 PM »

Anyone you know with a catching cage? Local animal shelter may know someone with a device like that. If after the neuterimg you could borrow a big bench, you might keep him contained for a while to heal. And in that time, he might become more attached to you. Food, water, a litterbox, maybe even some brushing with a glove on a stick. If you do not get his nuts harvested, he may go for a fucking world tour, when his hormones gain control.

Local animal shelter may be very willing to help you with it all. They may have a programm to get strays neutered.

I'm assuming he'd associate me with the capture and vehicle trip, both of which I'm sure he's never had.  He did let me touch his back this evening, so "softly, softly, catchee monkey."

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »

I'm assuming he'd associate me with the capture and vehicle trip, both of which I'm sure he's never had.  He did let me touch his back this evening, so "softly, softly, catchee monkey."
If it would be possible to borrow a big bench, one that could contain a litterbox, foodbowls, a soft rug to sleep on and a cardboard box to hide in, he'd forget about the neutering ordeal soon. Because there will be comfort and food in abundance in the recovery days.
Vet can treat him for fleas and worms too.  He'll geel lots better.

Lorre had never been in a cat-carier, or car before. He did not mind the carrying thing at all, afterwards. Maybe the narcotics make them forget what happened.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »

If it would be possible to borrow a big bench, one that could contain a litterbox, foodbowls, a soft rug to sleep on and a cardboard box to hide in, he'd forget about the neutering ordeal soon. Because there will be comfort and food in abundance in the recovery days.
Vet can treat him for fleas and worms too.  He'll geel lots better.

Lorre had never been in a cat-carier, or car before. He did not mind the carrying thing at all, afterwards. Maybe the narcotics make them forget what happened.

I'll see what I can do.  Thanks for the encouragement.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2017, 03:12:37 AM »
It's all a matter of Stockholm syndrome.  :M

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »

But, but, these are American kitties, not Swedish.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »

The syndrome crosses all borders.

No wall will stop it. 

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »

No wall will stop it.

Donald will build the wall that will stop it.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2017, 02:12:57 AM »

No wall will stop it.

Donald will build the wall that will stop it.

The Donald needs the Stockholm stuff, to make you pay for that wall.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:34:44 AM by 'andersom' »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2017, 12:23:26 PM »
My pussy is the same age as I.