Educational

Author Topic: Wrong Planet.  (Read 17426 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Wrong Planet.
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2008, 02:11:27 AM »
He still about? What a total waste of server space.

Hey, he's the most action Intensity's had for a little while.

I don't care. I'd rather see Flo fill the available server space with Ginseng/Jessica/mum/etc problems than have the little Nazi voice his cluelessness for all to see. There's more truth in what Flo says, you know.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2008, 02:28:04 AM »
I don't care. I'd rather see Flo fill the available server space with Ginseng/Jessica/mum/etc problems than have the little Nazi voice his cluelessness for all to see. There's more truth in what Flo says, you know.

My cluelessness? First you ignore (the majority of) my arguments and you insult me. When you're entirely out of arguments, you start threatening me. Now you call me clueless. I think you just won the prize of most pathetic forum administrator.....

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2008, 02:59:52 AM »

My cluelessness? First you ignore (the majority of) my arguments and you insult me. When you're entirely out of arguments, you start threatening me. Now you call me clueless. I think you just won the prize of most pathetic forum administrator.....

Well I have to give him this, when the man's right, he's right.....

About you being clueless, that is.

'To be or not to be
Oh baby can't you see
We're gonna take you to the top
You're makin' history
You be so good to me
Oh darlin' please don't ever stop......'  :wanker:  :violin:  :asthing:

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2008, 03:10:10 AM »
Well I have to give him this, when the man's right, he's right.....

About you being clueless, that is.

It's quite pathetic to call a man clueless when you're unable to even address most of his arguments. He couldn't be more wrong !

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2008, 03:26:38 AM »
So you don't like Odeon...ok.
You don't like the way WE talk to you.....ok

Are you saying that you don't like it here?
Being a smart kind of fella, what do you think a solution to this is? (I will give you a hint. It has nothing to do with changing us. We are peachy)
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2008, 03:43:11 AM »

Being a smart kind of fella, what do you think a solution to this is? (I will give you a hint. It has nothing to do with changing us. We are peachy)

Folks like parts and Pyraxis at least do SOME effort to behave maturely and I see at least SOME similarity between the views professed by members like TheoK or Beatle Soul and those of my own. I don't see why I should leave because the administator is an @$$ and a few other guys are utterly immature. The fact that your admin wants me out of here is actually encouraging for me to stay, since I just love to taunt a hypricritical and prejudiced moron like him.

GalileoAce

« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2008, 03:48:58 AM »
Only some effort? Come on, Parts and Pyraxis are probably the most behaved out of all of us...Well maybe not, but close to it :)

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2008, 03:54:34 AM »
Only some effort? Come on, Parts and Pyraxis are probably the most behaved out of all of us...

They are indeed among the most behaved, yet they're still insufficiently openminded to have a proper debate on topics too controversial for them. For example, parts is very reluctant to provide any sources because he makes the assumption it's pointless anyway. With such an attitude, you cannot have a proper debate, as a proper debate requires total freedom from assumptions (prejudice) with regards to the other party as well as the will to put an effort in stating your arguments.

GalileoAce

« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2008, 04:03:30 AM »
Define "open minded".

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »

Folks like parts and Pyraxis at least do SOME effort to behave maturely and I see at least SOME similarity between the views professed by members like TheoK or Beatle Soul and those of my own. I don't see why I should leave because the administator is an @$$ and a few other guys are utterly immature. The fact that your admin wants me out of here is actually encouraging for me to stay, since I just love to taunt a hypricritical and prejudiced moron like him.

What are you getting all teste about. You knew the score. Odeon has always been Odeon, I have always been me. We were before you came, we will still be long after you have left. More importantly the forum will always be what it is. You knew what you were signing up for when you joined ad have been told a couple of times since. Don't act surprised and hurt now.

This righteous melodrama of yours, is it playing out how you imagined, is this now the part where everyone looks at each other in a moment of Illusionist inspired moments of clarity and says "You know boys, he's right. Damn this site has been a waste all these years. We just needed a good man, a man with conviction and courage and all kinds of weirdness to lead us to the new frontier. Make Odeon walk the plank. We have a new King in town. Hoist up the Swastika flag."

You make me laugh Illusionist. :clap:

PS for the record there is no point telling us the protocol or rules of debating these stupid topics with you. We don't have any interest in them.....you do....you want the debate....it feeds your obsession. THe rest of us don't give a flying fuck and by now I thought that was obvious. No....not at all?  :-\
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

GalileoAce

« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2008, 04:11:03 AM »
On that note, I should warn you, I'll probably argue semantics with you till you give up. I mean it worked with Hadron, and I seem to have a pretty good handle on it. So don't expect much in the way of "debate" from me :P

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2008, 05:16:13 AM »
Define "open minded".

I use definitions like :
- the ability to contemplate an idea that contradicts your current views.
- the ability to question those views you currently hold.

What are you getting all teste about. You knew the score. Odeon has always been Odeon, I have always been me. We were before you came, we will still be long after you have left. More importantly the forum will always be what it is. You knew what you were signing up for when you joined ad have been told a couple of times since. Don't act surprised and hurt now.

I joined this forum because someone referred it to me as an Aspie free speech forum. I knew nothing else of this forum before I joined it.

This righteous melodrama of yours, is it playing out how you imagined, is this now the part where everyone looks at each other in a moment of Illusionist inspired moments of clarity and says "You know boys, he's right. Damn this site has been a waste all these years. We just needed a good man, a man with conviction and courage and all kinds of weirdness to lead us to the new frontier. Make Odeon walk the plank. We have a new King in town. Hoist up the Swastika flag."

I'm fairly new to the AS scene. Based on my own personallity, I just expected some more maturity and openmindedness among Aspies, especially among the Aspies that are part of a free speech forum.... and I find it quite shocking to see how much Aspies can resemble NTs with regards to outsiders within their own communities.

Basically, I expected oposition but oposition from a rational and openminded point of view rather than an irrational and narrowminded point of view as is the case here, especially with regards to Odeon.

PS for the record there is no point telling us the protocol or rules of debating these stupid topics with you. We don't have any interest in them

Then why don't you just shut up and leave the table for those willing to debate? That's the way mature people behave.

On that note, I should warn you, I'll probably argue semantics with you till you give up. I mean it worked with Hadron, and I seem to have a pretty good handle on it. So don't expect much in the way of "debate" from me :P

I don't like semantics debates. This, partly because it tends to ignore actual content (which is the part that matters) and partly (I have to admit that) because I'm sometimes a bit sloppy with regards to semantics. Still, I'm willing to give it a try since none currently appear to be willing to debate content.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2008, 05:21:58 AM »
Define "open minded".

I use definitions like :
- the ability to contemplate an idea that contradicts your current views.
- the ability to question those views you currently hold.

I joined this forum because someone referred it to me as an Aspie free speech forum. I knew nothing else of this forum before I joined it.

I'm fairly new to the AS scene. Based on my own personallity, I just expected some more maturity and openmindedness among Aspies, especially among the Aspies that are part of a free speech forum.... and I find it quite shocking to see how much Aspies can resemble NTs with regards to outsiders within their own communities.

Basically, I expected oposition but oposition from a rational and openminded point of view rather than an irrational and narrowminded point of view as is the case here, especially with regards to Odeon.

PS for the record there is no point telling us the protocol or rules of debating these stupid topics with you. We don't have any interest in them

Then why don't you just shut up and leave the table for those willing to debate? That's the way mature people behave.

I don't like semantics debates. This, partly because it tends to ignore actual content (which is the part that matters) and partly (I have to admit that) because I'm sometimes a bit sloppy with regards to semantics. Still, I'm willing to give it a try since none currently appear to be willing to debate content.

See you are telling me what I should be, should want, should want to behave like and how to speak to you and when.
OK let me contemplate.....Nah. I am fine with how I am like.

We all clear on that.

Oh for the record mate, you can want this forum to be whatever you weant and want its members to act however but at the end of the day we will do and be as we want.

As I say you make me laugh...."Listen to what Pappy Illusionist has to say kids. There will be no I repeat no...."

GalileoAce

« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2008, 05:34:01 AM »
Can you contemplate an idea that contradicts your views? For example, could you imagine a world where Nazi Germany was a haven for the inhumane and amoral to conduct torturous experiments on other humans? Forgetting the need for evidence for the moment, could you entertain such a notion?

Similarly can you question your own held beliefs? Look at their core and contemplate if they are worthy beliefs to be beheld?

Out of curiosity, who referred you?  Intensity is a haven for free speech, but as such I wouldn't expect many to engage in serious debate on issues such as the ones you wish to engage debate in. The only thing you can expect from Intensity is that someone, somewhere may call you out on something they don't agree with.

I learned a long time ago, when I first joined the online Autistic community that few are alike and few share the same beliefs. I'm an ardent agnostic/atheist (i waver), as such I figured other Autistic, being of like mind would logically come to the same conclusions that I have. But no, there are several autistics who are religious and worship Yahweh. I found it to be a paradox, but I accepted it as part our of Diversity. As the Vulcan's say "Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations." But even having said, Autistics, like many other humans, cling to their belief systems and if someone comes along and shakes them, they're likely to strike out. At least that's what I have observed from people, autistic or otherwise and myself.

Semantic debates are more fun when the opposition doesn't know that they're being engaged in a semantic debate. :P

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2008, 05:52:08 AM »
See you are telling me what I should be, should want, should want to behave like and how to speak to you and when.

I'm just saying that there are some proper principles to oblige to with regards to mature communication and that these principles are consistently ignored by the majority of my oponents.

Oh for the record mate, you can want this forum to be whatever you weant and want its members to act however but at the end of the day we will do and be as we want.

And you can express your desire for me to shut up or leave this forum and ridicule the rational arguments I provide anytime, I will still do and be what I want. For a comfortable atmosphere, however, it would be best if we all behaved like adults.

Can you contemplate an idea that contradicts your views? For example, could you imagine a world where Nazi Germany was a haven for the inhumane and amoral to conduct torturous experiments on other humans? Forgetting the need for evidence for the moment, could you entertain such a notion?

Sure I can. I held such views for most of my life until I discovered they were false.

Similarly can you question your own held beliefs? Look at their core and contemplate if they are worthy beliefs to be beheld?

I do that every day. It is in fact the constant verifying and re-evaluating of my own views that allowed me to develop the views I currently hold. I was raised a liberal Catholic with mostly mainstream views.

Out of curiosity, who referred you?

It was someone on WP who referred me. I can't check his user name since my account there is no longer active.

Intensity is a haven for free speech, but as such I wouldn't expect many to engage in serious debate on issues such as the ones you wish to engage debate in.

Then what's the point of having a free speech forum in the first place?

I learned a long time ago, when I first joined the online Autistic community that few are alike and few share the same beliefs. I'm an ardent agnostic/atheist (i waver), as such I figured other Autistic, being of like mind would logically come to the same conclusions that I have. But no, there are several autistics who are religious and worship Yahweh. I found it to be a paradox, but I accepted it as part our of Diversity. As the Vulcan's say "Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations." But even having said, Autistics, like many other humans, cling to their belief systems and if someone comes along and shakes them, they're likely to strike out. At least that's what I have observed from people, autistic or otherwise and myself.

I'm on a search for people who do not cling to their belief systems when they are inconsistent and contradicted by the evidence, as I did several times in the past. I'm looking for people like myself, who are not influenced by prejudice and only by logic. The Aspie community seems the most obvious place to find such people.

By expressing my views explicitly and without restraint, it's easy to filter the openminded from the narrowminded as only the most openminded will be able to contemplate and rationally debate the views that are dear to me.... and those are the kind of people I like to surround myself with.

Semantic debates are more fun when the opposition doesn't know that they're being engaged in a semantic debate. :P

Obviously :P