Author Topic: Wrong Planet.  (Read 16018 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: Wrong Planet.
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
How do you pick which species to follow? There's a massive variety out there, with very different and contradictory types of behavior.

Prmitive human cultures and apes are the most obvious choice to focus on when determining the basics.

Like bonobos? Or do you have a problem with their particular derivation?

You have to admit that Bonobo's seem to have a gotten the "Make love, not war" idea quite practical.  Defuse social tensions with sex.   :eyebrows:

Right on.  O0

Make love, not pogroms.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2008, 03:58:28 AM »
You haven't actually provided any sort of argument yourself. You have merely mentioned a few names, the ones you refer to as the "academics", and provided us with a few links from these people.

Whenever I give people an argument, they ask for more arguments. When I give them more arguments, they ask for even more. People tend to have the wrong impression that the burden of proof is always on the side of those opposing the mainstream views and are never satisfied with the arguments you give them. That's why I more and more tend to refer to adacemic sources rather than spend an hour compiling a set of arguments that are ignored anyway. If you genuinely want to know more about a topic, what stops you from spending a mere $30 on a book? Why must I waste my time on people too lazy to do their own research and too narrowminded to think outside of the box?

If you're not willing to do any reading for yourself, I don't see the point of discussing this with you.

Oh, and you've already said that the Jews are to blame for having been persecuted throughout history. A nice, balance, logical argument.

This too has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. Even regardless, it makes no sense for any people to have been persecuted by so many other peoples throughout history without any provocation from the side of that people itself.

I did offer a couple of links in return, and also pointed out how one of your so-called academics is somewhat liberal with research standards, methods that real academics wouldn't even dream of.

I must have missed that link. Who are you referring to and what methods are you talking about? Could you repost that link?

By the way, being liberal with research standards is what defines the Boasian school of anthropology and the Holocaust Industry... and not surprisingly, the greatest frauds are often Jews.

You are a kook, just as nutty as they come.

I'm a cook because I'm not allowing myself to be indoctrinated by liberal propaganda?!?  ???

Have you been censored?

Not on this website, but you seemed to express doubt on whether or not you were going to censor me.

Or do you think the above means that people won't be calling you a kook or a nutcase? Sorry, you lose. Freedom of expression also means that I won't have to be afraid of getting censored by some mod when I say that you are both, and a closet nazi to boot.

I guess that allows me to refer to you are a narrowminded, self-righteous, arrogant and feebleminded twat, right?

As for the combative debate, so far you have merely quoted others. On occasion, you have also linked to them. Why should anyone do more in return?

I did't notice any quotes and links in the posts of my oponents.

Besides that, I've done my reading. I'm familiar with both the mainstream worldview and with various non-mainstream worldviews. Most people I encounter know little to nothing about non-mainstream worldview, except a few distortions and lies they learnt on TV.

Sure. All that data collected by the Nazis on deaths recorded @ concentration camps on IBM mechanical computers.

Exactly. We have all that data and much more, but no proof that any sort of extermination took place in those camps.

By the way, the US had camps for Japanese-Americans. I guess Roosevelt must have been exterminating Japanese-Americans, then  :eyebrows:

Prmitive human cultures and apes are the most obvious choice to focus on when determining the basics.

Considering their strange matriarchal social structure focussed on sex (which is quite distant from any human culture), I wouldn't say they're the best example, but they're nevertheless very interesting from an anthropological point of view as it can teach us a lot about eg. the differences between patriarchal and matriarchal societies or about the nature of sex as a social instrument.

ozymandias

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2008, 05:18:00 AM »
How do you pick which species to follow? There's a massive variety out there, with very different and contradictory types of behavior.

You have to admit that Bonobo's seem to have a gotten the "Make love, not war" idea quite practical.  Defuse social tensions with sex.   :eyebrows:

Right on.  O0

Make love, not pogroms.

Dude that is so righteous!   :3some: O0

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2008, 07:00:25 AM »

Considering their strange matriarchal social structure focussed on sex (which is quite distant from any human culture), I wouldn't say they're the best example, but they're nevertheless very interesting from an anthropological point of view as it can teach us a lot about eg. the differences between patriarchal and matriarchal societies or about the nature of sex as a social instrument.

Okay -

Why does the fact they're distant from any human culture mean they're not the best example? You already said humans are degenerate and corrupt.

What would you claim are a better example, and why?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2008, 07:11:11 AM »

Okay -

Why does the fact they're distant from any human culture mean they're not the best example? You already said humans are degenerate and corrupt.

Not all human cultures are equally degenerate and corrupt and most human cultures have not always been degenerate and corrupt.

What would you claim are a better example, and why?

My own views are based on the following examples, ordered from strong influence to weak influence :

1) Inca civilisation, imperial Japan, Brahman culture, Tibetan culture, the Third Reich, Viking culture
2) Native-American cultures, primitive African cultures, Aboriginal culture
3) Gorillas and chimps
4) dolphins, wolves and other intelligent mammals

I take these examples because a lot of similarities can be drawn between the different cultures and species in question that allow one to establish a pattern. For example, typical for all those mentioned is a non-elected patriarchal structure lead by those considered the noblest, the wisest or the bravest by the vast majority of the group.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2008, 07:20:12 AM »
I am not much of an animal fan. I see them as primarily food. I do like Meerkats, otters, and echidnas. Are we able to use them as examples. They surely are not that corrupt.....yet! (Looks left and right....whispers they have not been subjected to "the degeneration process")
****Winks subtley and retreats like nothing was wrong****
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 08:24:44 AM by Sir_Les_Patterson »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2008, 07:24:29 AM »

Okay -

Not all human cultures are equally degenerate and corrupt and most human cultures have not always been degenerate and corrupt.

You didn't answer the question. Why are they not the best answer? Do you have any reasoning aside from your personal opinion?

My own views are based on the following examples, ordered from strong influence to weak influence :

1) Inca civilisation, imperial Japan, Brahman culture, Tibetan culture, the Third Reich, Viking culture
2) Native-American cultures, primitive African cultures, Aboriginal culture
3) Gorillas and chimps
4) dolphins, wolves and other intelligent mammals

I take these examples because a lot of similarities can be drawn between the different cultures and species in question that allow one to establish a pattern. For example, typical for all those mentioned is a non-elected patriarchal structure lead by those considered the noblest, the wisest or the bravest by the vast majority of the group.

Again - any reasoning beyond your personal opinion? I see that there's a pattern between these groups, but why is that pattern the one all people should emulate?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2008, 07:37:18 AM »
You didn't answer the question. Why are they not the best answer? Do you have any reasoning aside from your personal opinion?

They are not the best answer because they differ too strongly from almost every human culture in history, whereas other apes are far more alike in cultural terms.

Again - any reasoning beyond your personal opinion? I see that there's a pattern between these groups, but why is that pattern the one all people should emulate?

It is a pattern that has proven its worth for thousands of years. Some human cultures (like Tibet or primitive tribes) even managed to live in such a way until today or very recently.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2008, 07:44:02 AM »
It is a pattern that has proven its worth for thousands of years. Some human cultures (like Tibet or primitive tribes) even managed to live in such a way until today or very recently.

How? What proves its worth?

Offline IlluSionS667

• Constant Poster
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2008, 08:13:50 AM »

The overall happiness (which can be illustrated by eg. suicide rates or how common symptoms of depression are) and the amount of harmony with the environment qualify imo their worth.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2008, 09:04:36 AM »
Look, I really don't see your point. Wheather it happened or not, there is a lesson to be learned from things like tho holocaust. Spending all your time trying to promote the idea that it didn't happen and some group of people are trying to pull a fast one on all off us misses the point entirely.

I hope one day you wake up and realise what a mistake you have made and noticed all the time you wasted to something that was ultimately pointless.

I personally dont agree with the christian bible. But any fool can see it is a book of life lessons that perhaps has some stories that are no longer relevent to a modern society like our.

Yes history is written by the victors point of view, but that isnt the point of life, that just score keeping. The real thing is what you can learn from is and I'm not convinced you are focusing on the right lessons.

I'm sure all of us here can remember being young and idealistic towards causes on both sides of the table. But with age and maturity, hopefully come some sort of wisdom. Here's hoping you can find your own way there.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »
If you're not willing to do any reading for yourself, I don't see the point of discussing this with you.

Deal. It's a win-win. I don't have to read your so-called "academics" and I don't have to listen to your bullshit.

I'm a cook because I'm not allowing myself to be indoctrinated by liberal propaganda?!?  ???

You're a Kook, not a Cook.

Have you been censored?

Not on this website, but you seemed to express doubt on whether or not you were going to censor me.

As long as you stay within the limits set by our host, I probably will not. The blabberizer would make you a tad more interesting, though.
Or do you think the above means that people won't be calling you a kook or a nutcase? Sorry, you lose. Freedom of expression also means that I won't have to be afraid of getting censored by some mod when I say that you are both, and a closet nazi to boot.

I guess that allows me to refer to you are a narrowminded, self-righteous, arrogant and feebleminded twat, right?

Yes. However, considering that it is you who is questioning historical facts, not me, you need to do a lot more than quoting standard Holocaust denier rhetorics available from just about any neo-nazi website to be considered anything but just another closet nazi.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2008, 05:22:51 PM »
I'm sure all of us here can remember being young and idealistic towards causes on both sides of the table. But with age and maturity, hopefully come some sort of wisdom. Here's hoping you can find your own way there.

I don't recall having been young and moronic, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2008, 05:33:25 PM »

The overall happiness (which can be illustrated by eg. suicide rates or how common symptoms of depression are) and the amount of harmony with the environment qualify imo their worth.

How the hell did you measure suicide rates from a thousand years ago?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
Of course you could be arbitrator of all that is rational and logical but then I see your views on the holocaust so.........

Feel free to provide evidence against my views on the Holocaust myth if you think you can. I've discussed this topic with a professional Holocaust historian, so I seriously doubt you can bring forward a single argument I haven't read or heard before. Just because you might not see the logic behind the views that I hold, that doesn't mean there is no logic.

You have to provide the evidence that it didn't happen since you're the one with something to prove. It is not enough to say that you've talked to a "professional Holocaust historian", whatever that is.

- Albert Einstein