Author Topic: Do you plan to get buried?  (Read 877 times)

GalileoAce

Re: Do you plan to get buried?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 09:36:02 AM »
We buried my mother and brother when they died and we plan to bury my father when he dies.  There is a family plot at the top of the hill at the church where we grew up and my grandparents are buried there.

I think that I want to be buried rather than cremated.

Your sibling is dead? How? Sorry, I'm intrusive...

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 11:52:20 AM »
We buried my mother and brother when they died and we plan to bury my father when he dies.  There is a family plot at the top of the hill at the church where we grew up and my grandparents are buried there.

He died of pancreatitis on July 3.  He had no pain, but nausea and vomiting that persisted for a week or more, so his wife and I urged him to go to the doctor.  He went to urgent care and was given anti-nausea medicine and sent home.  They told him that if he didn't feel better in a few days to go back to his regular doctor.  He was less nauseated, but still very weak.  After this went on for another week, we urged him to go back to the doctor or to the emergency room, so he did and was admitted to the hospital.  He had been in the hospital in late December and early January, so he told his wife, "We can't afford another hospital bill."  She replied, "Well, it's cheaper than a funeral!"

They found out in the hospital that he had pancreatitis.  It was caused by gallstones.  They were waiting for him to become medically stable enough so they could operate, but his heart stopped before he did.  It took over half an hour for them to get it restarted.  They moved him to Intensive Care and were pretty much keeping him alive with a ventilator and several medicines, but his higher brain activity was gone because of the lack of oxygen.  His wife called my other brother and me and we rushed to get there to see him still alive.  After we saw him and spoke to his doctors, they removed him from life support, I stood beside him and held his hand, and he officially died soon after.  His son had just graduated from high school and his daughter was pregnant.  She had the baby in August.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 11:53:37 AM »
i would make a body cremator. :zoinks:

then my body would be safe from violators.

But, wouldn't getting violated be hot,
under the right circumstances?

GalileoAce

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 11:57:04 AM »

He died of pancreatitis on July 3.  He had no pain, but nausea and vomiting that persisted for a week or more, so his wife and I urged him to go to the doctor.  He went to urgent care and was given anti-nausea medicine and sent home.  They told him that if he didn't feel better in a few days to go back to his regular doctor.  He was less nauseated, but still very weak.  After this went on for another week, we urged him to go back to the doctor or to the emergency room, so he did and was admitted to the hospital.  He had been in the hospital in late December and early January, so he told his wife, "We can't afford another hospital bill."  She replied, "Well, it's cheaper than a funeral!"

They found out in the hospital that he had pancreatitis.  It was caused by gallstones.  They were waiting for him to become medically stable enough so they could operate, but his heart stopped before he did.  It took over half an hour for them to get it restarted.  They moved him to Intensive Care and were pretty much keeping him alive with a ventilator and several medicines, but his higher brain activity was gone because of the lack of oxygen.  His wife called my other brother and me and we rushed to get there to see him still alive.  After we saw him and spoke to his doctors, they removed him from life support, I stood beside him and held his hand, and he officially died soon after.  His son had just graduated from high school and his daughter was pregnant.  She had the baby in August.

That sucks :( Life can be so cruel.
I hope I never have to go through that with one of my siblings...I cherish them.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 12:18:53 PM »
sucks doctors don't always figure stuff out right away. i didn't know gallstones could be so dangerous.

i would make a body cremator. :zoinks:

then my body would be safe from violators.

But, wouldn't getting violated be hot,
under the right circumstances?

are you thinking of becoming a cremator? :eyebrows:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »
More of a cremeater.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 03:28:59 PM »
ha. that's clever.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 05:31:24 PM »
how do they violate people?

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 06:01:48 PM »
necrophiliacs molest corpses. :zoinks:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 06:02:59 PM »
but isn't that just one or two isolated cases? what are the chances of someone doing that/?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 06:03:32 PM »
Die near me, and I'll up them
greatly.  :eyebrows:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 06:37:11 PM »
do you prefer embalmed or rotted? :zoinks:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 06:40:50 PM »
I still say freeze dried is the way to go I'll finally be able to be social and at ease on holidays they can dress me up to :laugh:  Laughing but serious
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline vodz

• psych0naught
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Entrianglement.
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 10:59:18 PM »
I'm stock piling formaldehyde.  :toporly:
This brain could do with some more dimethyltryptamine.

What is the difference between ignorance and apathy? "I don't know and I don't care."

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 11:37:53 PM »
Wanted to be cremated, but watching that video about how people violate the bodies before doing it makes me sick.
It doesn't matter to me.  If they get their jollies from banging my corpse, then feel free.  This is assuming that they didn't kill me for this purpose.