Poll

how many of yous is what one would call a substance abuser?

i am! i love abusing substances.
6 (23.1%)
i never touch any substances! i am clean as a whistle!
5 (19.2%)
i only drink booze and shit
10 (38.5%)
i only do drugs, no booze
1 (3.8%)
i do drugs and booze cuz they are teh awesome
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: do you self-medicate?  (Read 4831 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: do you self-medicate?
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2007, 04:10:11 PM »
BTW, I voted as a substance abuser. I will do anything that promises to make me "feel good."  I'm a doper, but I've never been busted, never overdone it to the point of external attention and never ended up in the hospital, except for my experiments with Melatonin.

I have had to make a few choices lately to stay "clean,"  due to the policies at work. Otherwise, I would probably smoke a little dope to get to sleep, each night. It would really help me get to sleep, but I would lose my job, when I get caught.

</confessional>
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 04:13:31 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2007, 04:13:50 PM »

BTW, I voted as a substance abuser. I will do anything that promises to make me "feel good."  I'm a doper, but I've never been busted, never overdone it to the point of external attention and never ended up in the hospital, except for my experiments with Melatonin.

I have had to make a few choices lately to stay "clean,"  due to the policies at work. Otherwise, I would probably smoke a little dope to get to sleep, each night. It would really help me get to sleep, but I would lose my job, when I get caught.

I want to hear about you ODing on melatonin and being hospitalised.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

duncvis

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2007, 04:15:35 PM »

</confessional>

that annoys the shit out of me. unless you work in a role which directly affects the safety of others, e.g. air traffic controller, *insert vehicle here* driver, why the fuck is it an employer's business what you choose to partake of outside working hours (providing of course you don't show up for work off your chops)? luckily drug testing employees is much less common on this side of the pond. invasion of fucking liberties. :tantrum:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2007, 04:22:15 PM »

</confessional>

that annoys the shit out of me. unless you work in a role which directly affects the safety of others, e.g. air traffic controller, *insert vehicle here* driver, why the fuck is it an employer's business what you choose to partake of outside working hours (providing of course you don't show up for work off your chops)? luckily drug testing employees is much less common on this side of the pond. invasion of fucking liberties. :tantrum:

I'd be tempted to stick a little amphetamine in the water cooler.  Would they fire everyone then?  Including themselves?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2007, 04:31:29 PM »
Poppies!!

I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2007, 04:32:04 PM »
Yeah, poppy-seed buns would be a good one.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2007, 04:54:16 PM »

</confessional>

I'd be tempted to stick a little amphetamine in the water cooler.  Would they fire everyone then?  Including themselves?

They'd have to prove intent, I think, and that goes for every such case, policy or no policy. In practical terms, I doubt that is a problem unless you catch two dozen people high on amphetamines.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2007, 05:00:34 PM »
what if you take amphetamines legally? or say medicinal pot?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2007, 05:02:53 PM »
Just ask renaeden what happened when she used recreational substances...

what happened when renaeden used recreational substances? she became really sober?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2007, 05:08:12 PM »
Caffeine calms me...
He's a weird one   my brother in law get high like he's smoking pot when he eats food with MSG in it  ???

It's not uncommon with Autistics apparently, that some chemicals have a counterindicative effect. One of my friends' brother is Autistic and his parents gave him coke (the drink) to calm him...

Coca Cola calms me but I think it's more of a conditioning thing for me

i love coke but when i drink it, which i rarely do, i get really sick, my heart races, i feel like i've been poisoned lol. i get stomach cramps and headaches and get tired but can't sleep at all and my mind starts to race. sometimes i drink a bottle and forget it has caffeine. big mistake. :P

Yes, I have to keep MSG out of our diets. I have avoided it, myself, for about three decades, because of the smell, but I only recently (about two years ago) made the connection to the kids' dietary sensitivities. The shit is poison!

it confooses me. it occurs naturally in some food but then they stick it in some other foods. ???
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2007, 05:08:35 PM »
what if you take amphetamines legally? or say medicinal pot?

I suspect you'd have to have a paper from your GP telling them that you need it to function. Then again, if I really needed that, I'd be upfront about it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2007, 05:12:12 PM »
i'd hate to be in a job they do drug tests on people, it's fucked up like they're even telling employees they can't smoke, even at home. :grrr:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2007, 05:20:53 PM »
They can't smoke at home? That's fucked up.

As Dunc said, I can understand drug controls in places where your work affects the safety of others, but that's about it.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2007, 05:24:09 PM »
they want healthy employees. but i don't see them telling fat people to stop eating. ::) how the hell are we allowing them to dictate out lives, i mean where is the world going? people have to stand up and refuse to take that shit.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2007, 05:29:33 PM »
they want healthy employees. but i don't see them telling fat people to stop eating. ::) how the hell are we allowing them to dictate out lives, i mean where is the world going? people have to stand up and refuse to take that shit.

We need the money. As simple as that.

- Albert Einstein