Author Topic: people here anti ASD science?  (Read 2939 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: people here anti ASD science?
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2007, 05:54:10 PM »
well i think gayness is hot but bi is best. :laugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2007, 07:27:58 PM »

Sounds like things I was considering about myself at some points. Especially if you read a book on AS (which I'm doing right now) it pretty much disqualifies people who live anything approaching a normal lifestyle. Though I think a raucous childhood is part of the AS package.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2007, 07:33:13 PM »
i think people can learn to overcome their aspie difficulties and appear to lead a normal life. doesn't mean they're any less aspie. i've grown a lot from my mistakes. that doesn't make me less of an aspie.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2007, 07:34:06 PM »
i think people can learn to overcome their aspie difficulties and appear to lead a normal life. doesn't mean they're any less aspie. i've grown a lot from my mistakes. that doesn't make me less of an aspie.
Quite a chunk of those who do it end up pretty miserable.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2007, 08:10:30 PM »
I think there's a form of intelligence related to self evaluation and improvement. It hasn't really been acknowledged in any AS literature, but there's no evidence to show that aspies have any less of it than the average person (who has almost none of it; people generally suck at controlling their lives).  Asperger's is a network of predilections and some genetic blind spots, but mostly predilections that become more and less intense at different points. I have a suspicion that people who break through those tendencies aren't the people who are represented to us as having Asperger Syndrome. Sort of like how people always want Schizophrenics to think that they are more than one person. AS literature is quite pessimistic in that sense IMO.

I had a LOT more AS signs as a kid than now. There are some social milestones that I haven't quite reached, but I'm aware of some other problems I have that have contributed.
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2007, 08:57:54 PM »
PMS and wine. :laugh:

I can cure the one, whilst taking advantage of the other.

...what are you taking advantage of?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2007, 10:47:27 PM »
Quite a chunk of those who do it end up pretty miserable.

i don't mean people who fake it. i mean people who learn to do what it takes to live pretty normally in a way that lets them be themselves. say Spokane for example, she has a job and an apartment. she drives and has a boyfriend. her house looked incredible. is she happy? i dunno, seemed like a happy existenze to me.

there are a lot of things i haven't learned yet or overcome but i have come a long way. i also try to keep the traits that are good.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Soph

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2007, 10:06:46 AM »
ive given up on overcoming my AS now. i want a lot of money and a house in the middle of nowhere where i can live with some cats and a computer.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2007, 03:48:33 PM »
that's what i want too. i want to be in Canada and have a place there i own and tv and lots of DVDs.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline garmonbozia

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
  • The plane! The plane!
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »
I don't need no stinking "help". My outlook and perspective on things are my own, and no-one is going to alter them just because my line of thinking doesn't suit society at large.

In summary, go fuck yourselves.

that seems to be all you have to say about anything

im glad you enjoy your strengths and weaknesses.  im not on meds or anything else either... but i realize that other people have different views... and it's silly and immature to just go tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

And just what made you think we were going to act all mature here?  Remember what site you're on.  You can pull the maturity card some places and expect to induce shame in whoever you're arguing with, but not here.  Now go fuck yourself.   :finger:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2007, 06:28:26 PM »
I am against all science because it is contrary to the will of god
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2007, 07:28:35 PM »
I am against all science because it is contrary to the will of god

:lol: :plus:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2007, 09:01:52 PM »
I think the main issue some people on the spectrum have with it is that the way we perceive the world is completely different due to our sensory differences, differing cognitive strengths/weaknesses and methods of processing information - some aspects such as learning to develop schemas and situational rigidity are sane responses to the world in which we have to operate and the deficits we have in working in it compared to non autistic people, but some seem clearly neurological. how do you reprogram an adult brain to learn to think differently? what impact would that have on our personalities or talents?

Do you see what I'm getting at? Autism is a double edged sword, and I think it is hard to separate the 'condition' from the individual, as some of our behaviours and learned preferences etc are a reaction to our neurological differences to the norm.  :-\

as always there is personal choice....

how many people here CHOOSE to take whatever meds they're on?

many people don't. they are forced into it. they are made to think there is something wrong with them. and unborn babies don't get the choice of remaining themselves. no, their uniqueness is stripped by geneologists who want the "perfect" un-unique offspring. >:(

I don't need no stinking "help". My outlook and perspective on things are my own, and no-one is going to alter them just because my line of thinking doesn't suit society at large.

that seems to be all you have to say about anything

im glad you enjoy your strengths and weaknesses.  im not on meds or anything else either... but i realize that other people have different views... and it's silly and immature to just go tell everyone to go fuck themselves.

people who think AS is a disorder should go fuck themselves. it's no more a disorder than NT.

DITTO!!!

fucking eugenics. it's like trying to cure homosexuality instead of trying to cure the world of biggotry and hatred for unique individuals. disgusting.

lol not everyone thinks like that...

rediculous to try and cure homsexuality... but there are some gay people who dont wish to be gay.

but a key diff is that most any gay person can function in society

i dont disagree that it's the WORLD that should change

but whatever... im more mature than just simply saying go fuck yourselves...

if you truly believe what you say... dont take any meds... dont apply for disability (cause nothing's wrong)... and quit crying

i don't have the fucking disability, the world does. so there IS something wrong. and you know there is something wrong with me like there is something wrong with everyone, aspies and NT both. AS is not a disorder if NT is not a disorder. both have weak points and strong points the other group does not have.

and it IS mature to say go fuck yourselves to people who want to change the ones who have some fucking sense of how the world should work. go fuck yourself if you think you're more mature than me cuz you're not as fucking passionate about an individual's right to fucking choose to be who they are. your line of work would lead to babies being stripped of their uniqueness. don't be naive and think the world will let your research only be used for good. ::)

and i'm not crying. you don't know jack shit about me.

you know, if you truly care about how the brain works, you shouldn't be so fucking black and white about it, cuz the brain is fucking grey through and through.

study NT behavior and NT brain functions and how they can be cured of their disabilities, if you really want to help the world. cuz i remember being bullied by NTs, not the other way around. i remember i was forced to do stupid things because the NTs were so fucking disabled they couldn't see a better way of doing things. all my life i've suffered from not being blind to crap like NTs are, not being numb like NTs are. i've made my mistakes but so have the NTs and we are all fucking equals. but we are not treated as equals so we aspies have to speak up for ourselves and say fuck you to the curebies. that is all.

blah... for all your AS isnt a disability... you sure see NT as a disability

my research wont directly cure anything anyway... but can help those who want to find a cure for whatever to do so.

im an evolutionist at heart... im well aware of variance... but you have to be considerate of other people's views... and your intolerance can most certainly be taken that way, as immaturity.  im sure yo dont appreciate being called that anymore than i appreciate being called some sort of evil vigilante.

is all im saying
I am the Steppenwolf who never learned to dance.

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
i don't want to be cured straight :(

actually, i don't really care.

i can think of a lot of things more worthwhile to cure than the gayness though

Yeah. It should be one's choice.
Why TRY and make yourself like
something different, for no good
reason?

im only interested at minimizing negative impacts that impede learning.... and in realtime... most likely not in my lifetime... as im just the mad scientist playing in the lab to figure out how stuff works

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP

Offline Catrona

• Constant Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2007, 09:05:31 PM »
well i think gayness is hot but bi is best. :laugh:

makes everyone happy :)

AKA ~ Sedaka @ WP