Author Topic: Thank god I'm alright  (Read 708 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Thank god I'm alright
« on: November 12, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »
Today I was in my very first car accident. I was going to my aunt's and uncle's again for the internet and to download some photos from my card since I couldn't do it on the HP computer. It was real rainy out and then this car pulls right out in front of me and I slam on my breaks and I stop but the wet road takes place because my wheels slid into him and my hood got bent up a little. I open my car door but it won't open all the way so I squeeze myself out and I look at the damage on my car and his. The hood was bent, and so was my bumper and I just had it replaced in June. I looked under my car for radiator fluid and see if anything else is leaking out and I saw none. The guy couldn't get out of his car so he had to go out through the passenger side and I say to him "I'm so sorry, what do I do, is this my fault?" and he said his car is the government. car not his and there was a blind spot so he didn't see me. That damn white mini van was parked right next to the driveway so he didn't see my car so he pulls out right in front of me and I didn't have enough room to stop. Maybe if the roads were dry I would have made it, but because it was wet out, I didn't make it so I slid.
None of us were hurt, I wasn't going very fast and I did slow down when I saw him. If I would have kept going, the wreck could have been worse and we both would have been hurt.
The guy called his work and told him and he called his friends telling him he will be late. Then he called 911 and then he gave me his phone and I called my insurance company and gave them all the information I knew. Then we had to stand and wait till the officer got here.
He wasn't upset and neither was I. Maybe he wasn't upset because it wasn't his car and it's the Gov's and they cover it and me, maybe because I wasn’t hurt and I saw I could still drive my car and all the lights still work and so do the signals. But except for this corner light because the bulb got busted but at least the light next to it still works. I even opened the hood and saw nothing inside was damaged. I will just keep an eye on my car as I drive it.
The guy and I pulled into the driveway but his wheel rubs because my car bent it and I can still drive mine. Nothing rubs but I am still taking the bus to see my shrink tomorrow and then head downtown to the DMV to file out an accident report.
I'm happy I handled this real well, I didn't turn into Joon, no anxiety, no breakdowns or meltdowns just because I crashed my car and then had to wait and my day was being interrupted from shit happening. Heck I have my savings and that’s what its for but I found out I don't have to pay for it because the officer said it was the guy's fault so I had the right of way. My parents knew about the wreck already and my BF because the insurance called my Dad since the car is under his name and told him I was in a car wreck and then he tried calling me but couldn't get a hold of me because I left my phone at home and had it turned off. So he got real worried thinking I got hurt and had to go to a hospital. He called my BF and told him and then he called my aunt and uncle and told them.
My BF told his boss what happened and told him to get out of there meaning he can leave work early so he left.
Instead of going to my aunts and uncles, I go back to my apartment and saw I had a message on my answering machine so I listened to it. It was my dad telling me the insurance called him and told him what happened. So I called him back on my cell phone and told him all about it, then I called my BF and told him and said he doesn't need to come home but too late he was halfway home. He was worried about me.

I can't believe this all happened and to me it was all a nightmare. I wished I could rewind the whole thing going back to when I am driving and I stop where the white van is because I know there is a guy coming out. Worst of all for the guy, he was heading up into Washington passed Seattle for a business thing and had to be there at a certain time but now he can't because of the car wreck and the car had to be towed somewhere while I got to drive home and he had to stay and wait for the tow truck and for his friend to come and get him to give him a ride.

There ought to be a rule about parking so close to the driveways, then cars can't see. There already is a rule about parking close to stop signs and bus stops. You can't park next to them at all.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Thank god I'm alright
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:41:00 PM »
yeah wow, very first car accident. are you expecting more?

do be careful, Spokes. :-*
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:06 PM »
I would. They're pretty likely.

Soph

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 05:46:02 PM »
i havent had one since i was a kid and some stupid bitch drove out in front of a van.
i'm glad you're ok anyway.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:47:29 PM »
Children shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I've only hit INANIMATE objects.  :-\
Turns out, I'm pretty good at dodging
moving ones.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 05:55:21 PM »

No way. I could have totaled my car and lost it but I didn't. It's fixable. Who would want to be in a car wreck? No one likes to be in one. Who would?

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 05:58:56 PM »
I haven't been in a car wreck that I remember, (I think I was in one, but I was too young) but my grandma isn't too good at driving on ice and she's lost control a lot of times driving on it, she should let my grandpa or uncle drive, they understand how you maintain traction on ice.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 05:59:30 PM »
I've changed a tire roadside too.  And I don't even drive.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Soph

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 06:05:18 PM »
Children shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I've only hit INANIMATE objects.  :-\
Turns out, I'm pretty good at dodging
moving ones.
im good at dodging people in them cars you get at arcades and stuff. i dont think id be a good driver sticking to roads and stuff though

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »
Well SG you live to scat fight another day.

All's well that bends well

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 06:08:32 PM »
i love bumper cars!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 07:03:48 PM »

No way. I could have totaled my car and lost it but I didn't. It's fixable. Who would want to be in a car wreck? No one likes to be in one. Who would?

There was a film about a bunch of people who got off on being in car wrecks.  I don't remember much about it, but there was a scene where they were all bandaged up from their injuries and were watching car wrecks on the TV and getting horny over it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 07:10:25 PM »

There was a film about a bunch of people who got off on being in car wrecks.  I don't remember much about it, but there was a scene where they were all bandaged up from their injuries and were watching car wrecks on the TV and getting horny over it.

Crash.

Offline maldoror

• Bipolar Marksman of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • shwing
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »
I'm happy that they cleared you of fault. You don't want to have to spend money out of your savings because of a mistake that somebody else made. Something similar happened to me in my work truck over the summer. I was making a right turn at a really scary intersection, right after some kind of long truck, and there was another truck right behind it. Turns out my bumper only clipped his tire, but it was scary as hell.

By this way, meet comma: ,. Comma is your friend and helps people understand you.  :laugh:
!!Super atomic enema!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 07:40:01 PM »

I'm glad you're OK, SG!

I have been in several (seven) and two included the death of friends. I have seen many (innumerable) on the highways, some severe and, some, just plain stupid from my days on the road. Driving is extremely dangerous, if you look away. Don't ever look away!

Remember this!

I'm really glad you were'nt hurt!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.