Author Topic: Giving off the wrong signals  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Giving off the wrong signals
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 06:01:17 AM »
I wish people would flirt with me... I've only had one person..well two but lets not discuss that one.  (neither of them were renaeden!)

I sometimes give off a "hostile vibe" when I'm just being passive. It can be somewhat disconcerting and irritating trying to explain that I'm "not being hostile, that's just the way I am"

I give off that "hostile vibe" all the time I don't me too and I don't really like the reaction I get but don't know how to change it :-[
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 06:08:06 AM »
try smiling.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 06:11:08 AM »
try smiling.
That doesn't come naturally to me and when I do it looks fake
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 06:16:51 AM »
I think I appear pretty normal at first, but of my last three girlfriends, three of them thought I might murder them someday.

I occasionally get flirted with, but it's usually when I'm drunk.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 07:10:36 AM »
lol I don't flirt with people either. I don't think I know how.  :-\

I think that's the thing. I don't really know how to flirt, but my wife says I do it all the time with everybody. She has called me down a few times for flirting with gay guys and said that I was being mean to them. I was not flirting!

???
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 07:12:09 AM »
I flirted once...It was disturbingly overdone on my part and I'm sure I scared alot of people, including my partner in flirtingness.

This is what happens when I "TRY" to flirt.

I used to get hit for it, too.

I have gone to TRYING  to give everybody a, "FUCK OFF!" vibe and that seems to work better for me, too.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:14:39 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Soph

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 07:14:40 AM »

I think that's the thing. I don't really know how to flirt, but my wife says I do it all the time with everybody. She has called me down a few times for flirting with gay guys and said that I was being mean to them. I was not flirting!

???
I've had a similar thing. People used to tell me I flirted with a guy I sat with in French in year 11. I don't even like guys though, and he was gay anyway  :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 07:18:32 AM »

Same here, just that I get called a "slut" and a "whore" and such.

Only as a token of affection, from me.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 07:20:45 AM »

???

I used to get accused too. But, I think I've figured out
what it is - just the way in which I tend to play. But, when
I'm actually interested, I have trouble playing. Too nervous.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 07:55:51 AM »
The second time I hung out with my current boyfriend, we had been sort of sitting arm-in-arm, then he got up and when he sat back down again he didn't put his arm around me again.  I figured it out after a second- I had repositioned myself in his absence and was sitting one of the ways that was most comfortable for wher I was sitting, which had me with my legs curled up against myself, which probably made me look uncomfortable.  I just said something like,  "Ah, I just noticed I probably look uncomfortable- I'm not, I just sit like this.  If I'm uncomfortable I'll tell you."  Worked pretty well.  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 07:57:34 AM by AssFairy_McBlob »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Fritz the Cat

• Bathroom Fun
  • Constant Poster
  • Just because I have the coolest name ever
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »

Same here, just that I get called a "slut" and a "whore" and such.

Only as a token of affection, from me.
Sorry love, but you are not the only one that calls me that.
Booyah.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 11:14:51 AM »
The second time I hung out with my current boyfriend, we had been sort of sitting arm-in-arm, then he got up and when he sat back down again he didn't put his arm around me again.  I figured it out after a second- I had repositioned myself in his absence and was sitting one of the ways that was most comfortable for wher I was sitting, which had me with my legs curled up against myself, which probably made me look uncomfortable.  I just said something like,  "Ah, I just noticed I probably look uncomfortable- I'm not, I just sit like this.  If I'm uncomfortable I'll tell you."  Worked pretty well.  :)

i sit like that all the time. i always curl my legs in some fashion, curl into a ball. i can't sit like other people, i get cold and feel odd like i don't have support. how could i appear uncomfortable when it's most comfortable? ??? i never thought of that.

I used to get accused too. But, I think I've figured out
what it is - just the way in which I tend to play. But, when
I'm actually interested, I have trouble playing. Too nervous.

i think flirting is just being playful, only normies do it with an intent and i don't. i have no intent of it going anywhere, i just want to play. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 12:22:43 PM »

???

My husband has said the same thing about me, but I'm definitely not flirting with anyone.  Maybe I was trying to not be unfriendly to people, but that's all.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 12:24:38 PM »
Ive read all the theory on flirting. Tried it for a while. Of course, a complete failure.
Im happy with just being myself nowadays. Putting on this flirting act was just ridiculous.

As for people flirting with me. I dont really know. I keep getting invited around for a cup of tea with a woman i know, she says, "pop around anytime." But i would not do that unannounced and i cant recipocrate the offer - i mean i cant have people come around without an appointment so to speak.
I wish she would be more clearer in her intentions. Like, pop over now, or tomorrow at 2pm - whatever, im in a bit of a quandary.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 01:58:36 PM »
try popping around at 2pm.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar