Author Topic: The Grammar, Word Usage, Semantics, Context and Definitions Harassment Thread  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Rabbit From Hell

• Milla's Husband
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Gun or turkey baster? Do you feel lucky, punk?
It's.
You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having buttsex with a fish squirrel, congratulations.

politics and evil
all one and the same
satan hides behind
another name

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Yes.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
WTF?

The_P

Où se trouve l'hôtel?

Try and correct me on that one, guys.  :laugh:

there's no grave accent on the u in "ou".  :smarty:

:rofl:

I've spelled the adverb "Where" correctly in French. :P

http://www.wordreference.com/enfr/where

Tu es en périle maintenant, sorcière!  :-*
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 11:17:04 AM by thepeaguy »

The_P

Can someone here please help me out with the different forms of grammar phrases? I don't understand them very well.

Vivi...  :'(
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 12:15:35 PM by thepeaguy »

Offline HelloMeow

• one
Alright, I am not completely certain whether or not my manipulation of the English language is up to par with the folks here. Also this is my first or second post on this forum, I am not sure which. If you notice any errors, don't hesitate to point them out to me. I would consider it somewhat gratifying if my every error in the use of language was corrected at all times; this is however, a privilege I am rarely granted unless I am in English class.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Alright, I am not completely certain whether or not my manipulation of the English language is up to par with the folks here. Also this is my first or second post on this forum, I am not sure which. If you notice any errors, don't hesitate to point them out to me. I would consider it somewhat gratifying if my every error in the use of language was corrected at all times; this is however, a privilege I am rarely granted unless I am in English class.

Hi HelloMeow.  This thread is kind of a joke, but I'm sure that there are some people here who will be happy to help you.

Welcome to Intensity, BTW.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Can someone here please help me out with the different forms of grammar phrases? I don't understand them very well.

could you be specific, pea?

The_P

could you be specific, pea?

I know what noun, verb and prepositional phrases are (thanks to my Oxford handbook on grammar and punctuation), but what the fuck are infinitive, gerund, participal and appositive phrases? Whenever I try to study them from pages on the internet, my head explodes.

Gaaah! :headexplode:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 01:08:36 PM by thepeaguy »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
oh, dear gods.  the difficult ones...

to be honest, i'm never quite sure of those myself.  i wasn't taught grammar - i went to school during the "too funky to teach grammar" phase.

i'll see if i can find a good grammar text/reference book though, and let you know - the one recommended for our students might be the ticket., but i can't remember it at the mo.