Author Topic: Lottery  (Read 481 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Lottery
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 03:05:19 PM »
The money in Connecticut is supposed to go to education also but somehow always end up in the general fund  >:(

They have just uncovered the same thing here as a Big Exposé.

I've bought a few tickets, but I never win. My buddy in the printing business has to have a couple of scratch-offs every time he goes into a store. He's a consistent winner, though. I doubt that he breaks even, but I have seen him win a few bucks several times. I have never won a dime.

:violin:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 04:11:48 PM »
I won 40 bucks ONCE, but, I spent more than I did win.  Even at 2 dollars a week! ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 05:26:53 PM »
I used to work with a guy whose sisters each won 25,000 on play 3 and play 4.  Then again they used to spend fifty or so everyday and still do I figure to them it's like a bank they put it in then get some back later his  whole family played  the numbers like this except him
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »
I see very few young people playing!

Lots more in the inner cities.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 10:23:14 PM »
It's common, I used to run a machine.

Now many of the large sales, 200 powerball tickets etc. are many times from a workplace, one lucky gopher usually gets stuck getting the tickets.

But I had customers that dropped over 100 on the daily lottery, EVERY day, spent their checks on it I think, one well over 200 every day, but he was retired and he had made his fortune years ago, living off the residual and whittling away the inheritance before the thieving relations could get their hands on it. Cool guy.  ;)