Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 341441 times)

duncvis

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #5100 on: December 26, 2006, 07:01:29 PM »
I'm thinking about leaving this place.

Really?  ???

ozymandias

« Reply #5101 on: December 26, 2006, 07:06:59 PM »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5102 on: December 26, 2006, 07:09:41 PM »

Really?  ???

Really. Or take a break, or something. I'm just so fucking mad I would have gheyed a whole thread if I'd had the technical means to do so.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #5103 on: December 26, 2006, 07:15:09 PM »

Really?  ???

Really. Or take a break, or something. I'm just so fucking mad I would have gheyed a whole thread if I'd had the technical means to do so.

Seriously, your one of the most rational voices here and it is in part because of your responses to my "Chaos" posts that persuaded me to come back here!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5104 on: December 26, 2006, 07:21:31 PM »
House- "It may not even be of terrestrial origin."
"Really?"
"No, you idiot!"
ROFL
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5105 on: December 26, 2006, 07:26:04 PM »
I'm losing hope, Ozy. The Aspies I thought were morons have confirmed in every way imaginable that they are indeed morons, while some others I still had hopes for are proving me wrong so fast I don't have time to spell "islamophobia".

It's as if a palpable part of the Aspie community had decided for once and for all that they need to meet the preconceived notions others have of us, now, while there still are basket cases left out there to hate anyone and anything that you don't know.

There are lots of people here that I really like and respect, but right now I'm not entirely sure it's worth the effort because of that other part of the community. I can definitely see why so many members decided to leave.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5106 on: December 26, 2006, 07:41:01 PM »
Echoing a little of what Ozy said, especially the "Don't" part.
It does seem that some people will follow what ever wave that comes their way, but we don't all have to do that. I think, this little schooner would have capsized long ago, if it weren't for a few, like yourself, acting as keel and ballast. Do your thing - turn into the wave.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

ozymandias

« Reply #5107 on: December 26, 2006, 08:26:26 PM »
I'm losing hope, Ozy. The Aspies I thought were morons have confirmed in every way imaginable that they are indeed morons, while some others I still had hopes for are proving me wrong so fast I don't have time to spell "islamophobia".

It's as if a palpable part of the Aspie community had decided for once and for all that they need to meet the preconceived notions others have of us, now, while there still are basket cases left out there to hate anyone and anything that you don't know.

There are lots of people here that I really like and respect, but right now I'm not entirely sure it's worth the effort because of that other part of the community. I can definitely see why so many members decided to leave.

Welcome to my world, Odeon!  I gave up hope about AS advocacy long ago, if you ever get to Fractalus, you can read my thoughts on it in my journal.  I may disagree with you about the "Islam" issue, but your recent post gave me a perspective that I didn't have before.  I can disagree without being disagreeable.  FWIW, it's that hopelessness and frustration that made me leave I2 originally.  I just, unfortunately have this inner core of hope, that allowed Callaway to hook me back in and make peace with McJagger.  Who while I disagree with him on many issues, I think his heart is in the right place.  When HG left, I nearly considered leaving myself...permanently, but my loyalty to friends like Callaway and PI and Dunc, won't let me.

Ultimately it's your choice, I'm just shoving my tuppence worth for your consideration!  My own perspective is that this is just another forum tempest that will blow over.  wp, aspergianisland, neurolands, aff, have gone thru these crises, and yet they're still around.  Renaeden, made me want to go back to OTS, or I still may go back, I don't know, I want to make a difference, but, I feel so fucking helpless that I want to just tell all these forums to kiss my ass and never have anything to do with a forum again.

But this is my thought, losing hope, get OVER IT, yeah, I'm pissed at you, losing hope happens, I just found that there is a core of hope in me that won't let me go.  Is there one in you, if yes, stay and fight, if not ...GO.  I like you and respect you, either way I will wish you well and hope that you find what your looking for.

Peace

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #5108 on: December 26, 2006, 10:36:41 PM »
Jessica is a stupid cunt
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #5109 on: December 27, 2006, 04:00:57 AM »
I know how odeon feels, but am hoping things improve after the holidays.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 04:04:18 AM by purposefulinsanity »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5110 on: December 27, 2006, 05:01:09 AM »
Thanks, Ozy, DD, PI, for what you said. I know you're all right about this, and I'm feeling a little better this morning.

Peace, all.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5111 on: December 27, 2006, 05:02:11 AM »
Jessica is a stupid cunt

::sigh::

So you're dumping her again?

- Albert Einstein

duncvis

« Reply #5112 on: December 27, 2006, 05:07:58 AM »
I know how odeon feels, but am hoping things improve after the holidays.

Ditto. Glad you're feeling a little more positive today odeon.  :thumbup:

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #5113 on: December 27, 2006, 06:58:41 AM »
Jessica is a stupid cunt

::sigh::

So you're dumping her again?

Probably, and its the greatest chance of all this time.  Lack of love is high offense, and it depends on what she says in response to that, which I doubt she can talk her way out of.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Teejay

« Reply #5114 on: December 27, 2006, 07:06:35 AM »

Probably, and its the greatest chance of all this time.  Lack of love is high offense, and it depends on what she says in response to that, which I doubt she can talk her way out of.

Can you do yourself and us a favor and end this constant, I am going to dump her, then I am not going to dump her routine in regard to Jessica, make a final decision please.