Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 358118 times)

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #24600 on: August 11, 2010, 05:02:48 AM »
Starving. Must. Eat. Pizza. Slowly.....

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #24601 on: August 11, 2010, 05:05:02 AM »
Shit, I hope its hey fever and not the cold I got, if only I had the ability to be able to have paracetmol, then I would get rid of the cold. :(
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24602 on: August 11, 2010, 09:01:03 AM »
How come you cant take paracetamol?

Hope you're feeling better soon anyway

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24603 on: August 11, 2010, 09:05:55 AM »
Here's a picture from one of my books  toook photos of yesterday. This is from the 30s

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #24604 on: August 11, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »
How come you cant take paracetamol?

Hope you're feeling better soon anyway
Thanks Soph... :)
Can't take paracetamol because as I had said previously, I seem to get an allergic reaction from it which I find pretty weird tbh.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24605 on: August 11, 2010, 12:26:37 PM »
Should have, erm, acquired this soundtrack a long time ago.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Online Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #24606 on: August 11, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »
It's blue dark blue in the base and electric blue on the edges  :thumbup:  When else could you do this to your hair

I think I'd worry if he got a Friar Tuck haircut then.  What was Tebow thinking?

Yeah this is much better :laugh:  His girl friend has pink in her hair they are made for each other :zoinks:
:thumbup:

Told my daughter she has to wait till she is 13.

She's waiting for a couple of years now, and has decided on a three colour thing happening on her head for her next birthday.  :laugh:

Told my daughter the same thing as she had ideas after seeing her brother
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24607 on: August 12, 2010, 04:24:06 AM »
Thinking that the people talking just outside the door to my office should go someplace else.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24608 on: August 12, 2010, 09:19:34 AM »
I wanna brush my teeth again but can't be arsed. Did I post abot my red letter box? I got a letter box

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #24609 on: August 12, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »
Should have, erm, acquired this soundtrack a long time ago.

Don't feel bad, you bought it as soon as you could afford it!  :zoinks:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #24610 on: August 12, 2010, 08:49:41 PM »
Here's a picture from one of my books  toook photos of yesterday. This is from the 30s

That is really offensive.  Many books from this era are perfect examples of what went wrong with us as a society.

I have a book from Eighteen eighty something that describes the proper raising of young, innocent girls (you have to get to them before they are first bleeding for your manhood) into subservient women who will always take NO for an answer and make a home for your children, doing a man's bidding with no questions asked. It has chapters divided into what to expect from them as they mature and how to counter their desires as they become a problem in their free thinking.  The book is all about raising a woman to be simple, mindless arm candy and making sure that she has no voice in what becomes of her future.

Remember, in those days, women did not even have the basic privileges of land ownership or the vote, even in a society designed around an individual's right to vote. Women were considered to be less than "human"  by the constitutional definition of human rights, from a century past.  This amazing book even describes the things you can allow women to eat, so that they maintain a "healthy weight"  and do not become useless from bony structure. You have to feed them large amounts of fat and cream in their daily diets, so they do not become too thin. You have to make sure that they are avoidant of work of any kind so that they can be "perfect soil for your young to grow" since that is the only reason reason for their existence - to bear you, as Barons and Lords,  fine children to uphold the family name. A woman who bears a deficient child can be set aside with no accounting for her future. A woman that is a poor cook or a poor housekeeper can be set aside with no regard whatsoever.

If Tig was here, he would love this, but I find it so disgusting, that I feel a need to shoot all the fathers of those women from that era. Those bastards should be glad that they are already dead as fuck!!

Have I mentioned that I have a daughter of my own (no, that is wrong, she is NOT my own, she is more intelligent and far more aggressive than I ever was - she is her own, I just happened to be fortunate enough to be a father to her, as best as I can be.)  I am pushing her, as hard as I know how, to be as forceful and as self sufficient as she can be.  She will never be arm candy, unless she wants to be.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:56:58 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24611 on: August 12, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
Remember, in those days, women did not even have the basic privileges of land ownership or the vote, even in a society designed around an individual's right to vote. Women were considered to be less than "human"  by the constitutional definition of human rights, from a century past. 

My Great Grandmother immigrated to Australia in 1912 with her husband and 3 children. Within 6 months my Great Grandfather died, leaving her to work her ass off to buy her own house and raise children aged from 1 to 8 by herself.

Her original land / house is not far from where I live, but I will only ever know the street, not the house, because women were not allowed to have their name registered as the primary contact for the postal address of the house.

P7PSP

« Reply #24612 on: August 12, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
Remember, in those days, women did not even have the basic privileges of land ownership or the vote, even in a society designed around an individual's right to vote. Women were considered to be less than "human"  by the constitutional definition of human rights, from a century past. 

My Great Grandmother immigrated to Australia in 1912 with her husband and 3 children. Within 6 months my Great Grandfather died, leaving her to work her ass off to buy her own house and raise children aged from 1 to 8 by herself.

Her original land / house is not far from where I live, but I will only ever know the street, not the house, because women were not allowed to have their name registered as the primary contact for the postal address of the house.

That is interesting, where did they immigrate from?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #24613 on: August 12, 2010, 09:18:48 PM »

Exactly.

The book (I found in an antique store)  that I was talking about was English, but the conditions were not that different anywhere in the world in those times.

Men had no regard for their daughters in those days and even traded them into slave marriages for their own economic advantage.

It seems that the French and the Italian ways of putting women up upon pedestals has had a more lasting effect, if you look at the advantages women have in this age, especially legally.  I have no problem with this. Equality is long overdue and any semblance of equality will require a great deal more "back tracking "  before we get there.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #24614 on: August 12, 2010, 10:36:33 PM »
Remember, in those days, women did not even have the basic privileges of land ownership or the vote, even in a society designed around an individual's right to vote. Women were considered to be less than "human"  by the constitutional definition of human rights, from a century past.  

That is interesting, where did they immigrate from?

That's my Dad's Mother's Mother - Brighton England. My Dad's Father's family also came from England and were an early pioneer family here in the 1800's.

The book (I found in an antique store)  that I was talking about was English, but the conditions were not that different anywhere in the world in those times.

Men had no regard for their daughters in those days and even traded them into slave marriages for their own economic advantage.

It seems that the French and the Italian ways of putting women up upon pedestals has had a more lasting effect, if you look at the advantages women have in this age, especially legally.  I have no problem with this. Equality is long overdue and any semblance of equality will require a great deal more "back tracking "  before we get there.

Yes, and this is interesting because my Mother's maternal heritage is French. Amazing that my Great Grandmother on that side, during the same era was afforded endless ship journeys back to Melbourne for shopping adventures when they moved to NZ so that her husband could be Mayor in a town there. There is a definite difference in the fate and lifestyle of women in that line of my family.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:38:13 PM by Eclair »