Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 357356 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #23190 on: March 28, 2010, 06:28:23 PM »
aww god fucking damnit, why did all the lovely soaps that made my skin stop being dry and wretched get discontinued?  All that remains are ones that do too much or too little.  Two years ago almost every soap brand had something adequate.  :(

That is bizarre ???, and well worth e-mailing the soap companies about. I wonder if some key ingredient from the discontinued soaps has become too scarce/expensive.

I have the opposite problem: adolescent, oily skin and hair. All my peers are moisturizing; I'm still dealing with an oily T-zone!  :duh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23191 on: March 28, 2010, 06:47:07 PM »
aww god fucking damnit, why did all the lovely soaps that made my skin stop being dry and wretched get discontinued?  All that remains are ones that do too much or too little.  Two years ago almost every soap brand had something adequate.  :(

That is bizarre ???, and well worth e-mailing the soap companies about. I wonder if some key ingredient from the discontinued soaps has become too scarce/expensive.

I have the opposite problem: adolescent, oily skin and hair. All my peers are moisturizing; I'm still dealing with an oily T-zone!  :duh:
I think it was prolly just a trend that end out of fashion.  Awhile ago there was this big thing about soap with "oil infusions."  Caress had some really nice ones, as did dove, and I think one or two other brands.  Now, it's like they all discontinued at fucking once.  Some celebrity must have said how she loved them, and them stopped talking about it, or something else shity like that.  :/
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23192 on: March 28, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »

I think it was prolly just a trend that end out of fashion.  Awhile ago there was this big thing about soap with "oil infusions."  Caress had some really nice ones, as did dove, and I think one or two other brands.  Now, it's like they all discontinued at fucking once.  Some celebrity must have said how she loved them, and them stopped talking about it, or something else shity like that.  :/

I have noticed the trend toward less astringent shampoos...even my childhood favorite, Prell, is now advertised as "Classic Prell," not as "Prell Concentrate," and I've figured out that all the shampoos labeled "For all hair types" are probably oily-hair shampoos in their new disguise! In other words, if the label doesn't specify some moisturizing function, it's probably OK for oily hair. I wash my hair every day anyway, so it hardly matters. For people with dry hair and skin, it's harder (I think).  :-\

People forget.

Blasted

« Reply #23193 on: March 28, 2010, 07:52:04 PM »
I'm a top 10 poster  :orly:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23194 on: March 28, 2010, 08:55:52 PM »
I'm a top 10 poster  :orly:

Indeed! I'll never catch up to you!

:bigcry:

:laugh:

People forget.

Blasted

« Reply #23195 on: March 28, 2010, 11:03:30 PM »
Give it a year :P  You're bound to get way ahead of me.

I'm thinking I hate the way I get so obsessive when I first start liking people  :facepalm2:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23196 on: March 29, 2010, 05:49:35 AM »

I'm thinking I hate the way I get so obsessive when I first start liking people  :facepalm2:

I obsess too...it can cause heartache if the person is someone you can't have, but the obsession also adds sparkle to everyday life!  :notes:

People forget.

Blasted

« Reply #23197 on: March 29, 2010, 06:03:50 AM »

I obsess too...it can cause heartache if the person is someone you can't have, but the obsession also adds sparkle to everyday life!  :notes:

I'd sat it adds fucking nuisance not sparkle.  I rediscovered someone I used to talk to but she lives in a different country  :thumbdn:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #23198 on: March 29, 2010, 09:04:15 AM »
being shunned by the people that mean the most to me. my bad. reality check time

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23199 on: March 29, 2010, 03:56:14 PM »

I'd sat it adds fucking nuisance not sparkle.  I rediscovered someone I used to talk to but she lives in a different country  :thumbdn:

I suppose if the person you want is completely out of reach, the obsession may indeed just torment you instead of making life more fun.  :-\

People forget.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23200 on: March 29, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »

I have noticed the trend toward less astringent shampoos...even my childhood favorite, Prell, is now advertised as "Classic Prell," not as "Prell Concentrate," and I've figured out that all the shampoos labeled "For all hair types" are probably oily-hair shampoos in their new disguise! In other words, if the label doesn't specify some moisturizing function, it's probably OK for oily hair. I wash my hair every day anyway, so it hardly matters. For people with dry hair and skin, it's harder (I think).  :-\
My hair doesn't itch all the time if I don't get it right, though.  :/

I think they all had the same basic chemical in common and it is a different one than most body washes have as the primary or secondary ingredient; unfortunately I cued into that a bit too late- didn't think to do it 'till all the "oil-infusion" soaps were off the shelves- and I've only been able to compare the too-moisturing soaps to the not-enough soaps.

...good lord, when did I turn into goldilocks?

Can't seem to find ingredient lists through google either.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23201 on: March 29, 2010, 05:09:14 PM »
If your shampoo is making your head itch, just use head and shoulders instead.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23202 on: March 29, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »
My *scalp* is fine.  It's the rest of my skin that's high-maintenance.

I'm also pretty sure I have hard water, which doesn't make a huge difference, but it makes some.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23203 on: March 29, 2010, 05:20:37 PM »
My *scalp* is fine.  It's the rest of my skin that's high-maintenance.

I'm also pretty sure I have hard water, which doesn't make a huge difference, but it makes some.

Oh I gotcha. Yeah my face gets kinda dry after I wash it, so I think I know what you mean.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23204 on: March 29, 2010, 07:18:22 PM »

My hair doesn't itch all the time if I don't get it right, though.  :/

I think they all had the same basic chemical in common and it is a different one than most body washes have as the primary or secondary ingredient; unfortunately I cued into that a bit too late- didn't think to do it 'till all the "oil-infusion" soaps were off the shelves- and I've only been able to compare the too-moisturing soaps to the not-enough soaps.

...good lord, when did I turn into goldilocks?

Can't seem to find ingredient lists through google either.

What's wrong with the too-moisturizing soaps? Do they leave a greasy film?

People forget.