Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 373156 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #19140 on: May 17, 2009, 04:04:25 AM »
 :lol:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #19141 on: May 17, 2009, 05:25:18 AM »
Fine, tell everyone how I'm scum and do some silly smear campaign. :zoinks:

Blasted

« Reply #19142 on: May 17, 2009, 07:29:41 AM »
You must think extremely highly of yourself if you think I can be arsed to, I dunno, PM everyone on here and tell them what a shite you are  :zoinks: I've moved on Shleed but it seems like both you and Pea can't stop whining about what happened  8)  I've lost two friends and moved on.  Plenty more people in London to befriend  :zoinks:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19143 on: May 17, 2009, 09:12:14 AM »
Who cares?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #19144 on: May 17, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »
Eh? I rarely mentioned a word until now.

If you don't want to, that's fine. I can't be arsed with any more unnecessary drama.

Blasted

« Reply #19145 on: May 17, 2009, 11:55:06 AM »
This is a wicked tune.

Blasted

« Reply #19146 on: May 18, 2009, 06:53:33 AM »
I'm proud of my Polish heritage  8)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #19147 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:19 AM »
Ari Ne'eman of the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network is being profiled in Newsweek and the article has a reference to Katie Miller, Alex Plank's (former? current?) girlfriend. Is there a subgroup of people on the autism spectrum whose perseveration is politics and networking, and how does this relate to all the misdirected advocacy attempts around other spectrum communities?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #19148 on: May 18, 2009, 07:13:31 AM »

They make a mean sausage!!! :zoinks:
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19149 on: May 18, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »

I want lunch :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19150 on: May 18, 2009, 01:42:27 PM »
I'm hungry too.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #19151 on: May 18, 2009, 02:46:28 PM »

... but she's not into sausage. She prefers clams, I think.

:lol:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19152 on: May 18, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »
I'm hungry too.

I am, but I have been scared to eat anything since I went to the doctor last week. I know that my craving of salt has contributed to my hereditary high blood pressure.

I have always been on the high side of borderline "acceptable"  with my blood pressure and except for way too much salt, I eat fairly well. When I went in last week to the doctor and (my regular doc was off, so I saw a new doc, I had not yet met) She was far more concerned with my blood pressure than any back pain or lower extremity numbness I could describe to her.
One of the reasons she made me stay so long was to monitor me and see if the opiate shot to relieve the pain would lower my BP enough to feel safe prescribing additional medications for me to take home. Intense pain is known to raise BP, but still she was worried when after taking my BP twice by the nurse, then once for herself to confirm (212/132) that the reading was correct. She said that normally, she would admit me to the hospital immediately, but she had seen no other symptoms of stress, so she had me do some "light exercise" as part of her diagnosis of my back condition, constantly monitoring my BP and it went down, when "if I was about to blow"  it should have gone up, dangerously.
After about half an hour and an opiate, anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxer shots in my butt and a cortisone shot to the back, my BP was 140/103 - still too high, but hardly "Take Immediate Action"  high.
She wants me to come back in this week and do stress tests.
 :wanker:
I will. It has been about three years since I went through the entire work up, even though I have to submit to the bloodwork often. I suppose I am overdue.

I have only eaten fresh fruit and nuts since last week and even more water than I normally drink. No salt or saturated fats, until I figure out if this was a passing thing or the wave of my future.
 :hahaha:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:09:27 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19153 on: May 18, 2009, 04:42:24 PM »
I love putting salt on my food.  I prepare most things from basic ingredients, so there usually isn't any salt beyond what I add myself and what occurs naturally in fruit, meat, vegetables etc.  I tried cutting down lately, but after a few days without adding salt to my food, my muscles started to ache, my mucus membranes dried up, giving me that sticky-eyelids sensation, and I felt generally crappy, and I felt much better within about 30 minutes of eating something that I'd added salt to.  Maybe I'd have more success by gradually reducing the amount of salt I add, so that my body has time to adjust to the lower salt intake.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19154 on: May 18, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
I love putting salt on my food.  I prepare most things from basic ingredients, so there usually isn't any salt beyond what I add myself and what occurs naturally in fruit, meat, vegetables etc.  I tried cutting down lately, but after a few days without adding salt to my food, my muscles started to ache, my mucus membranes dried up, giving me that sticky-eyelids sensation, and I felt generally crappy, and I felt much better within about 30 minutes of eating something that I'd added salt to.  Maybe I'd have more success by gradually reducing the amount of salt I add, so that my body has time to adjust to the lower salt intake.

I've gone coldturkey from salt.
I have dry, sticky eyes most of the time, anyway, but my muscles only seem to ache when I stop exercising for some reason, like when my arm was broken.
I swore to myself that I was not going to stop just because I was wearing a cast and promised to myself that I would keep up the legwork on the bag, but I failed. I have yet to begin again with a good set of routines. I only kept up my brisk walking every morning, at least, I did until last week when my back was flaring up.
I haven't had a bad problem with my back in about five years.

On Thursday, I am going to the heart clinic and they will try to blow my heart up by stressing me on their machines. It has been a while and I know I have gone a little downhill since my l ast stress test, but I think I will be OK. I just need to find out if my extreme blood pressure was an anomaly last week or if I am truly having such scary high pressure during normal activities.
I hope it's not a lie to stop salt abruptly, then take their tests. I just need to know if I am in danger of losing more of my health to age.

Addendum:
My recent googling indicates that substantially reducing the level of salts in the blood takes about two to three weeks, so even though I have gone coldturkey, it won't really affect the tests.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 06:28:15 PM by DirtDawg »