Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 339327 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #18495 on: January 31, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »
I want to plus you all for this.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18496 on: January 31, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
I don't know what you mean by purer ADHD.
As opposed to multiplicity and ADHD, whose relation I don't entirely get.  :zombiefuck:

As far as identifying a structure ... you may be dreaming.
I do that.

(I'm trying)
Same.  :-\ And I just figured out why. Don't go too far out of your way on my account - you probably don't want anything to do with some of the motivations here.

What does any of that have to do with your claim that I have a talent for obfuscation?
My attempts to put my finger on stuff I don't really know how to define. So I'm shooting wide.
Someone once told me, when I asked how they could be so honest about themselves and still such a private person, that it was just a question of letting go of emotions. Something I could stand to do.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #18497 on: January 31, 2009, 04:34:03 PM »
The neutrons are supposed to be neutral, at least.
They still have some gravity to them though...

But less so when excited.
I always thought they were miserable. Maybe it was just my lecturer...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18498 on: January 31, 2009, 04:48:29 PM »

They're not. They're fun. They make waves.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18499 on: January 31, 2009, 05:15:42 PM »
(I'm trying)
Same.  :-\ And I just figured out why. Don't go too far out of your way on my account - you probably don't want anything to do with some of the motivations here.

Ahh, you think I am trying to cooperate with you so that you will finish up with me more quickly and go away, right?

Maybe I still enjoy blowing over the smoldering coals of faith I once had in finding my own answers to similar questions.
Maybe when I was done peeing, the symptoms didn't completely pass.

What does any of that have to do with your claim that I have a talent for obfuscation?
My attempts to put my finger on stuff I don't really know how to define. So I'm shooting wide.
Someone once told me, when I asked how they could be so honest about themselves and still such a private person, that it was just a question of letting go of emotions. Something I could stand to do.

My being able to mostly set aside inconvenient emotions is certainly a function I would not want to lose, but on the occasions where I can fully embrace strong emotion with wide open mind, I am made stronger by the combination and I often find something resembling a beacon to better decisions.
That is why I put "comfortable feeling" in the oxymoron thread. Exploring a strong feeling is often like too much exercise, resulting in sore places where the work was done.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #18500 on: January 31, 2009, 05:35:36 PM »

But so do electrons. And electrons have charge:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18501 on: January 31, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »
Ahh, you think I am trying to cooperate with you so that you will finish up with me more quickly and go away, right?
I did wonder about that. Briefly. But to be honest what I was thinking was more like this: He doesn't want to be a father figure. I don't want a father. That's not how it should be. But I'm slipping. He once asked me to drop the obsession and I promised I would; obviously I didn't catch all of it. So I better shut this down.

That is why I put "comfortable feeling" in the oxymoron thread. Exploring a strong feeling is often like too much exercise, resulting in sore places where the work was done.
It's not just exploring, that's under control. The split comes for me in making it public. People seem to like that, and follow those that do it. Me and my standoffishness just don't generate interest, which is excellent for personal life but kills group projects before they start. That wiki, which got brief attention but won't take off without a whole heck of a lot more from me. A livejournal community. A writing critique group I am trying to co-found IRL. As I am, I make a crappy leader. I need to fix that.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18502 on: January 31, 2009, 06:04:35 PM »
bip bop doodly drop
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18503 on: January 31, 2009, 06:58:51 PM »
Back at you.  :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #18504 on: January 31, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
..... So I better shut this down.
I remember it was someone else who used the word obsession and I objected, then you said that it was so, but I don't really think of submitting thoughts to a query every week or so in those terms. It seems more like "making conversation,"  for lack of a properly descriptive term.
Besides, what would be the point in any of us joining a forum if we weren't at least vaguely interested in socializing with each other on some controllable scale?

..... As I am, I make a crappy leader. I need to fix that.

Crappy or just a little hesitant?
An incapacity or a lack of confidence?

Either way, it should be "fun,"  too. Trying to get something like that moving is almost like work, though. Have you tried to agree with your partner to both respond to every single entry?

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18505 on: January 31, 2009, 08:37:47 PM »
It seems more like "making conversation,"  for lack of a properly descriptive term.
Besides, what would be the point in any of us joining a forum if we weren't at least vaguely interested in socializing with each other on some controllable scale?
That makes sense. Sometimes I'm the one who can't see the balance.

Crappy or just a little hesitant?
An incapacity or a lack of confidence?
I don't know. Probably both. But if I'm hesitating, I don't know what specifically I need to just do. All I have is this vague idea that emotionally demonstrative people are more capable of stirring others' passion and firing people up for projects.

Have you tried to agree with your partner to both respond to every single entry?
Partner as in wherewolf, or partner as in various co-founders of various projects? Co-founders and I were certainly doing that. Wherewolf, I tried everything I could think of to get him into it, the lj community at least, and it petered out anyway. He eventually said it wasn't enough attention for him, he wanted venues where there was more.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #18506 on: January 31, 2009, 08:43:55 PM »
I did wonder about that. Briefly. But to be honest what I was thinking was more like this: He doesn't want to be a father figure. I don't want a father. That's not how it should be. But I'm slipping. He once asked me to drop the obsession and I promised I would; obviously I didn't catch all of it. So I better shut this down.

It's not just exploring, that's under control. The split comes for me in making it public. People seem to like that, and follow those that do it. Me and my standoffishness just don't generate interest, which is excellent for personal life but kills group projects before they start. That wiki, which got brief attention but won't take off without a whole heck of a lot more from me. A livejournal community. A writing critique group I am trying to co-found IRL. As I am, I make a crappy leader. I need to fix that.
Your problem here is also that your attention is way too divided, one project at a time is a good start.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18507 on: February 01, 2009, 10:52:21 AM »
Pyraxis:  I kind of want to set you up on a blind date with someone with Wernicke's aphasia.

:lol: That would be a trip. I'd probably take them out to actually do something together.

I rewatched a few Youtube vids. There seems to be an awful lot of information on exactly how speech is disrupted, but not much on whether emotional awareness and material skills are normal.
I think it happens sometimes with scizophrenia, but I think it might be possible just with brain damage in someone who was otherwise relatively functional.  (Though I base the assumption that it might be possible on the fact that I don't know for a fact it's not possible.  :D)

That's what he said.

Was this pun war dead or not dead before I quoted it and asked this question?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 10:54:05 AM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18508 on: February 01, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »

We reached the half-life mark. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18509 on: February 01, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »

We reached the half-life mark. :P
And trying to keep it going on the same track would be like herding shroidinger's cat.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.