Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 366038 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #17760 on: September 10, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
Workman's comp audit over thank god

Did it turn out OK?

I think so I just worry a lot.  Could not find some documentation though.  Its all a scam anyway.  I have to pay to waive it on myself over $1000 a year or I can't work for a lot of builders that require it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #17761 on: September 10, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »
No, I'm just presenting a factoid of life.  YOU CAN BE YOURSELF.  BUT, when your doing what you need to survive, even thrive, then you learn to use facades, BUT, when you can, you drop the facade and be yourself.

everybody has personae - what you call facades - for different parts of their life: job person, parent person, friend person, etc.  we all behave differently with different people and in different situations.  so it's not so much a matter of being fake as developing a particular persona.  yes, it can feel as though it's fake, but as ozy says (and i agree with all of his post), it's about learning to behave in certain ways, which is exactly what i did.

Ack, I must be completely not saying what I thought I was saying.

I've got no problem with facades, personae, whatever. I have no moral problem with learning to behave in ways that are effective. That's what I've already done.

But what's effective has changed. I'm not having the effect I wanted. I know how I need to change, I think - it's just something I'm scared to do. And I can't find a middle ground between too scared to function smoothly and not changing at all.

This is starting to sound ridiculous even to me. But I don't know how else to explain.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

ozymandias

« Reply #17762 on: September 10, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »
No, I'm just presenting a factoid of life.  YOU CAN BE YOURSELF.  BUT, when your doing what you need to survive, even thrive, then you learn to use facades, BUT, when you can, you drop the facade and be yourself.

everybody has personae - what you call facades - for different parts of their life: job person, parent person, friend person, etc.  we all behave differently with different people and in different situations.  so it's not so much a matter of being fake as developing a particular persona.  yes, it can feel as though it's fake, but as ozy says (and i agree with all of his post), it's about learning to behave in certain ways, which is exactly what i did.

Ack, I must be completely not saying what I thought I was saying.

I've got no problem with facades, personae, whatever. I have no moral problem with learning to behave in ways that are effective. That's what I've already done.

But what's effective has changed. I'm not having the effect I wanted. I know how I need to change, I think - it's just something I'm scared to do. And I can't find a middle ground between too scared to function smoothly and not changing at all.

This is starting to sound ridiculous even to me. But I don't know how else to explain.

Sounds like you'v reached a "crossroads" in your life and don't know which way to go.  Yes, thats a cliche, but, the best descriptive cliche I have.  :P

Anywho, Have you ever made a list of the things you wanted to do with your life, job, etc?   That was advice given to me by a job counselor long ago.  Hell, I was even told to write down everything I wanted to own, etc.   Sometimes its the act of putting things down in black and white that gives you some idea on which way to go and get back to doing what will be effective for you in the long run.

If I was sitting across from you irl, I would be able to frame my own thoughts better and make more sense than I am now.  FWIW, I'v been in the same situation and basically, I forced myself to make a few blind leaps of faith out of my comfort zone.  Not saying that would work for everybody, but desperation was one of my prime motivators to do so.    I just felt that there had to be something better than what I was doing. 

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #17763 on: September 11, 2008, 09:20:50 PM »
I'd kick my own mother in the nuts for a cigarette.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #17764 on: September 11, 2008, 10:35:39 PM »
I think I'm losing it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17765 on: September 11, 2008, 10:38:44 PM »
WTF!?!

My system rejected the half beer I tried to drink. I feel like I could puke my fucking socks up and I'm kind of drunk.

Why the hell did I come home with a beer, anyway?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17766 on: September 11, 2008, 10:43:52 PM »
WTF!?!

My system rejected the half beer I tried to drink. I feel like I could puke my fucking socks up and I'm kind of drunk.

I'm guessing it had gone off?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17767 on: September 11, 2008, 11:15:43 PM »
WTF!?!

I'm guessing it had gone off?

I don't know. It tasted really good. All the food I ate was fresh vegetables with cheese on corn chips, except for beans which were cooked yesterday. About ten minutes after I posted, "WTF,"  I let it all go.

I feel better. No more alcohol for a while, though.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17768 on: September 11, 2008, 11:21:14 PM »
My most reasonable theory is that I simply ate too much.

I have done a kind of cleansing "partial" fast for a while and I may have just shocked my system with too much rich food.

:violin:

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17769 on: September 12, 2008, 12:09:18 AM »
I think I'm losing it.

you are, if you think your mother has nuts, hon.

:hug:

Offline Tesla

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #17770 on: September 12, 2008, 05:13:56 AM »
I think I'm losing it.

:lol:

:-* :-*

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17771 on: September 12, 2008, 05:28:57 AM »
I think I'm losing it.

:lol:

:-* :-*

I thought you meant it for lols, although I have heard a slang usage of the word, nut (in singular form), which would mean something similar to mettle. Your mother could very well have lots of nut.

Pretty difficult to kick an abstract concept. Might explain where a lot of my energy goes, though.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17772 on: September 12, 2008, 07:48:42 AM »
the drama, the drama. :GA:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

GalileoAce

« Reply #17773 on: September 12, 2008, 07:50:33 AM »
No Llamas? :(

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17774 on: September 12, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »
the drama, the drama. :GA:

Tell me about it :zombiefuck:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw