Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 362095 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #14655 on: March 01, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
No offense here... But what was your wife thinking? She knew that Frost Dragons were your son's friends, but then made it so it would bleed when cut!? WTF? Why not, instead of a Frost Dragon, make one of the evil dragons so the son could slay it himself like a hero character...

Sorry but it seems to me that your wife, who made a fucking awesome cake, didn't think this one through properly.

I'm not sure how I would've reacted. I did anthropromorphise inanimate objects when I was a child, and still do. But a cake was food to me... But still..If Frost Dragons were an obsessional friend, I'm not sure seeing a cake version "bleed" would be a good thing, mentally.

... and that is the frustrating part of this whole thing to me. She knows her kids like any attentive mother would, but there are some things that she just does not get. It takes some huge upsetting thing before she gets it and then she doesn't know WHAT it is that she got. No, she doesn't really listen to him go on for hours about dragons and all, but she knew his favorite was the frost dragon.

She just has not made a connection that some dragons are not for slaying and some cakes are not for eating.

She is truly an amazing artist and she was putting all her talent into something as mundane as a birthday cake to make it SUPER, but as you say, she did not think it through and connect the "puzzle pieces" together all that well in her plans.

I really wish she had consulted me or more so, I wish I had inquired as to her plans in the beginning.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14656 on: March 01, 2008, 08:37:15 PM »
She meant so well for it to go so horribly, DirtDawg.  Her intuition is usually so good too.

We got our daughter a Barney pinata for her fourth birthday party and she was very upset that he had to be bashed and broken by the kids to get the candy out.  She liked Barney and we thought that a Barney pinata would be cute and funny.  It was a learning experience for us, and this is a learning experience for you and your wife.

:-[

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14657 on: March 01, 2008, 09:12:40 PM »
She meant so well for it to go so horribly, DirtDawg.  Her intuition is usually so good too.

We got our daughter a Barney pinata for her fourth birthday party and she was very upset that he had to be bashed and broken by the kids to get the candy out.  She liked Barney and we thought that a Barney pinata would be cute and funny.  It was a learning experience for us, and this is a learning experience for you and your wife.

Piñatas are horrible. I can imagine her reaction to a Barney piñata. I learned very early just from seeing my son's reaction to a Teletubbies spot about a piñata game. We fortunately did not have to learn that one the hard way.

I think that the thing that went wrong today was that her intuition was not in the mix, but her creativity was the main driving force. It seems like what most women do in the presence of some traditional "guy thing."  Sports to most women are all the same; guns and war movies, slapstick humor, fast cars, slaying dragons and all the testosterone charged pursuits fall into the same category.
I'm not saying she is a typical woman, because she could NEVER tolerate me if she was. I just see this as that kind of mistake or short sightedness. Any generalization of things one does not understand and anyone is bound to make errors in judgment.

My mom once bought me a baseball glove. We were fairly poor. Not bad, but my folks counted pennies to afford anything special. I wanted to join little league baseball with my friends, so she saved her Green Stamps and so forth and finally got me a glove to use, but it was a first baseman's glove, not a fielder's glove like all the other kids had. She didn't want to get me the cheapest thing, so she got me something in the middle price, not even noticing that there was a huge difference.

It was this same kind of mistake. You want to do you best for your kid and you go all out, without really having a full understanding of what will impress the kid.

Please, don't take any of this the wrong way. She is an awesome woman and I love her forever, but this was not her best day. She's actually finishing up reading and having fun with the birthday boy.  I want to go and hold her, because she has had a terribly rough day.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14658 on: March 01, 2008, 09:14:31 PM »

i would beat Barney. happily. i hate that fucker.

:evillaugh:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14659 on: March 01, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »

I think that the thing that went wrong today was that her intuition was not in the mix, but her creativity was the main driving force. It seems like what most women do in the presence of some traditional "guy thing."  Sports to most women are all the same; guns and war movies, slapstick humor, fast cars, slaying dragons and all the testosterone charged pursuits fall into the same category.
I'm not saying she is a typical woman, because she could NEVER tolerate me if she was. I just see this as that kind of mistake or short sightedness. Any generalization of things one does not understand and anyone is bound to make errors in judgment.

it's just a stereotype that women hate war and gun movies and crap. i love war movies.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

GalileoAce

« Reply #14660 on: March 01, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »
[...]I want to go and hold her, because she has had a terribly rough day.

Hopefully it was a learning experience for all three of you :)

Persona

« Reply #14661 on: March 02, 2008, 12:42:30 PM »
Barney sucks.

So does the Bear in the Big Blue House.

Warsaw used to be so beautiful :(

richard

« Reply #14662 on: March 02, 2008, 01:02:08 PM »
im tired of living in the my cold frost bitten kingdom, i want someplace warm. with a beach and palm trees :(

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14663 on: March 02, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »

i would beat Barney. happily. i hate that fucker.

:evillaugh:

Me, too!

I would even set incendiary devices off in one, but I'm am not four years old.

Fuckwit!

Persona

« Reply #14664 on: March 02, 2008, 01:13:18 PM »
im tired of living in the my cold frost bitten kingdom, i want someplace warm. with a beach and palm trees :(

:green:

Italians suck.

Sophgay

« Reply #14665 on: March 02, 2008, 01:13:52 PM »
I like the teletext holidays advert with the cats in it

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14666 on: March 02, 2008, 01:18:23 PM »

it's just a stereotype that women hate war and gun movies and crap. i love war movies.

yeah, I know and I don't mean that she fits all the stereotypes, but (I think I mentioned this) rather she is almost beyond reproach as to thinking purely and as an individual.

We get along, fine. This was different from the normally expected set of circumstances we all found ourselves in, last night..

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14667 on: March 02, 2008, 01:20:50 PM »
[...]I want to go and hold her, because she has had a terribly rough day.

Hopefully it was a learning experience for all three of you :)
Can only say that it was for me.

I let everyone down. I will most assuredly do better inthe future.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14668 on: March 02, 2008, 01:23:36 PM »

Rainy coast a few miles south of Cabo San Lucas.

FTW.

Have to deal with Pacific weather, but mostly it's paradise.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14669 on: March 03, 2008, 09:53:31 AM »
Holy hell.  I can't believe how filling 30 calories worth of scrambled generic Egg Beaters is.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.