Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 363096 times)

Sophgay

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #14460 on: February 20, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_1999_August_11

^this one I remember watching
That was a few weeks before I started high school
We start high school at 11 here

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14461 on: February 20, 2008, 09:53:24 PM »
The sky is extremely clear tonight. I've had a good look several times. I lingered a while from just moments after it became total.

The moon is leaving the umbra, right about now. NICE color - deep reddish orange.

:smarty:

I'm just jealous, don't mind me.   :P

You need a warmer coat, and I need the clouds to break just for a minute.

I got a shadowy glimpse of a orangish moon through the clouds a few minutes ago, but that's all.  I have the blinds open and I'm right by the window in case I get a better chance to see it.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14462 on: February 20, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_1999_August_11

^this one I remember watching
That was a few weeks before I started high school
We start high school at 11 here

I remember seeing an annular eclipse before, but I can't remember what year it was.  The shadows under the tree were little crescents right after it was annular.  It was so cool.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14463 on: February 20, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »
The sky is extremely clear tonight. I've had a good look several times. I lingered a while from just moments after it became total.

The moon is leaving the umbra, right about now. NICE color - deep reddish orange.

:smarty:

I'm just jealous, don't mind me.   :P

You need a warmer coat, and I need the clouds to break just for a minute.

I got a shadowy glimpse of a orangish moon through the clouds a few minutes ago, but that's all.  I have the blinds open and I'm right by the window in case I get a better chance to see it.

I came back in three times to put on more layers, better gloves, a muffler, my arctic parka finally.

I could not have asked for a better view.

Now there's a tiny sliver of bright light, like a sterling silver golf tee holding up a deep orange ball.

Fucking awesome!

The only other person in this whole neighborhood stupid enough to go out is a guy who lives about two blocks away, hippy, gardener, who I trade plants with sometimes. Other than he, no one seems to care.

I wish you guys could see.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 12:33:21 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14464 on: February 20, 2008, 10:23:55 PM »
I just went back outside. Through the clouds, I can just see a little of the silver sliver of bright light, but no orange now.

You are lucky to have such a fine night to see it.

:)

Sophgay

« Reply #14465 on: February 21, 2008, 12:56:17 AM »
Going to try and do something today

Will draw, go through my old maps/postcards etc, look at some more I might buy, print off some stuff, and save more things

I might watch a dvd as well, and listen to some music

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14466 on: February 21, 2008, 01:01:40 AM »
I was at work when there was a solar eclipse a few years ago. I got to look at it through some welder goggles and someone showed me how an eclipse can be viewed by cutting a hole in a piece of paper and looking at the shadow on the ground.
Going to try and do something today

Will draw, go through my old maps/postcards etc, look at some more I might buy, print off some stuff, and save more things

I might watch a dvd as well, and listen to some music
Good plans. I am trying to work up the motivation to go to the shop and buy some drinks. I want some Coke Zero.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Sophgay

« Reply #14467 on: February 21, 2008, 01:02:54 AM »
I'm trying to get motivation for things as well
It's really hard, but today is probably th best day for me to do it, as my ocd hasn't been as bad

Stupid little things can fuck it up completely for me though, and then I've lost it for ages

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14468 on: February 21, 2008, 01:19:09 AM »

Does anyone know of a decent QUIET (!!!) computer case fan I can buy?

I just put in an Antec that was purported to be one of the quiet type, but it's not all that quiet. It really blows though, but it blows in that it's too fucking noisy, too.

I think it might have been quieter at first, but that could also be psychological.

HELP!

I'm tired of sitting in the room with a hovercraft.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14469 on: February 21, 2008, 02:09:54 AM »
i missed the eclipse, being zonked out.  :(

glad it's over, though - the eclpise energies send people wonky, and might have something to do with my appalling nights for the past few days (last night was better, though, thank fuck  :thumbup: ).

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14470 on: February 21, 2008, 02:10:32 AM »

I just put in an Antec that was purported to be one of the quiet type, but it's not all that quiet. It really blows though, but it blows in that it's too fucking noisy, too.

I think it might have been quieter at first, but that could also be psychological.

HELP!

gods yes.  the noise of the pooter drives me nuts.  and as for bunging in a cd to play...

/screams.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #14471 on: February 21, 2008, 05:25:04 AM »
Missed the eclipse, too. Cloudy. :grrr:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14472 on: February 21, 2008, 05:35:07 AM »
"ach, the mean old clouds."

("under milk wood").

ozymandias

« Reply #14473 on: February 21, 2008, 08:03:14 AM »
Fortunately we had a clear night to view the eclipse.  My daughter used my telescope with the zoom lens to watch it!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14474 on: February 21, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »

HELP!

You could try under-volting the fan so that it runs more slowly.  There are guides for how to do it if you look around.

I think I'll go for a water cooling system, an ultra-quiet PSU and as quiet a case fan as I can get away with when I next upgrade my computer.  My computer's getting to the stuck-together-with-duct-tape stage, so the only things that would carry over through the upgrade would be a couple of hard disks and a couple of PCI cards, but I want to get as much life from this setup as I can.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?