Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 363884 times)

zaftig

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #14325 on: February 17, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »

Someone who is capable of a view, different from ones own, should be seen as an inspiration, and certainly not as a person to reject, outright.

Depends though if their view is damaging or not.

... but see, that's the thing we must naturalize. "Damage" is mostly just a challenge to our growth, making us stronger as we learn from it.

In a way I agree with you.  Without opposition, nothing would ever get accomplished.  If Rosa Parks hadn't refused her seat to a white man, the road to the Civil Rights Movement would have been much longer. 

BUT if the other view (in this example racist) didn't exist, there wouldn't be a need to rebel in the first place   :laugh:

I mean, I don't see extremists, neo-nazis or any other crazies as particularly inspiring.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14326 on: February 17, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
i hate how people cant see things from my point of view when i know i am right. i cant understannd iut

Exactly, but it causes me to think less of them.

I get intensely curious until I think I've worked out what brings them to have their views. Then I seek to convert.

Perhaps too strongly. The jury's still out on that one. I've had both very good and very bad results.

Or, in more rare cases, I seek to learn.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #14327 on: February 17, 2008, 08:14:47 PM »

I mean, I don't see extremists, neo-nazis or any other crazies as particularly inspiring.

I do. They show us that we CAN (and should) oppose things.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14328 on: February 17, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »

Someone who is capable of a view, different from ones own, should be seen as an inspiration, and certainly not as a person to reject, outright.

Depends though if their view is damaging or not.

... but see, that's the thing we must naturalize. "Damage" is mostly just a challenge to our growth, making us stronger as we learn from it.

In a way I agree with you.  Without opposition, nothing would ever get accomplished.  If Rosa Parks hadn't refused her seat to a white man, the road to the Civil Rights Movement would have been much longer. 

BUT if the other view (in this example racist) didn't exist, there wouldn't be a need to rebel in the first place   :laugh:

Unfortunate, that.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

zaftig

« Reply #14329 on: February 17, 2008, 10:01:41 PM »
5 more posts till I reach 500.

Then I'm outta here.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14330 on: February 17, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »
YOu missed.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14331 on: February 18, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »
I just came out of the shower 20 minutes ago, and already I can smell my armpits quite clearly, despite having rubbed soap into them and rinsed them.  It's not necessarily a bad smell, just a Peter smell, but it's quite noticeable.  Mum and my sisters complain about my strong smell, but other people don't seem to notice or be offended by it, even when I ask them about it.  It's natural that my mum and sisters would be disinclined to my body odour given that we're related, but I wonder how other people perceive it.  I'm wearing a vest top right now, which makes the smell sharper and more acute; with a shirt or t-shirt, it diffuses into the fabric to give a more mellow, musky smell, which is probably more pleasing to people.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #14332 on: February 18, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »
I just came out of the shower 20 minutes ago, and already I can smell my armpits quite clearly, despite having rubbed soap into them and rinsed them.  It's not necessarily a bad smell, just a Peter smell, but it's quite noticeable.  Mum and my sisters complain about my strong smell, but other people don't seem to notice or be offended by it, even when I ask them about it.  It's natural that my mum and sisters would be disinclined to my body odour given that we're related, but I wonder how other people perceive it.  I'm wearing a vest top right now, which makes the smell sharper and more acute; with a shirt or t-shirt, it diffuses into the fabric to give a more mellow, musky smell, which is probably more pleasing to people.

Yeah. I always smelll myself, but I am aslo told that I have no smell. I think the rest of the people in the world hase no sense of smell, unless the smells is are very strong.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

zaftig

« Reply #14333 on: February 18, 2008, 10:24:30 PM »
I might watch Singin' in the Rain :heart:

Crap quality, great scene.

zaftig

« Reply #14334 on: February 18, 2008, 10:25:32 PM »
Wrong thread  :laugh:

I can't be arsed to go to work today.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14335 on: February 18, 2008, 10:31:51 PM »
Rather see Clockwork Orange,
the song is done so much better there.  >:D

zaftig

« Reply #14336 on: February 18, 2008, 10:40:17 PM »
Haven't seen that in ages.

Actually, maybe I'll make it a Kubrick night/morning today  :orly:

Have got a taste for a musical though.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14337 on: February 18, 2008, 10:53:37 PM »
Clockwork orange isn't a musical?  ???

zaftig

« Reply #14338 on: February 18, 2008, 10:57:56 PM »
Not counting Beethoven, I fear A Cloakwork Orange isn't exactly musical  :zoinks:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #14339 on: February 18, 2008, 11:01:27 PM »
But, there's singing in it.

About as much as I can handle.

musicals are gay.  :angel: