Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 365322 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #13920 on: February 07, 2008, 06:25:10 PM »

Not me.
I'm actually feeling OK, spiritually, but I am a little regretful, embarrassed even, that I seem to use Intensity as my own personal blog. I just post shit about me and mine all over the place. I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine, I, me, mine.

I don't know why I do this to you guys. I actually have respect for some of you.
 :(

I will try to do better in the future.

Fuck off dawg. 
* purposefulinsanity bitchslaps dirtdawg
Your posts are those rare things, ones that are always worth reading, so don't apologise for sharing with us all.

*blinks, once, waits, watching intently for her boobs to stop jiggling after that foreplay slap*

I guess I feel a bit of guilt that I put out so fucking much verbiage. Then I blast it all over the fucking board, like a hose-down after the fire is out. Even if this place is NOT supposed to be a community, I am still hogging the trough. I need to let others have the floor for a bit.

If we are trying to become a real community, then where the hell have you been, how the hell are ya? What have you been doing for fun lately. What makes the days go by too fast for you? How are tricks? (:D).

What about some of the others. McJ just pops in for a minute these days and then he's gone, again.  Where is QuirkCarla? Lucifer's back! (although I have no idea what it looks like.) Pyraxis has a new job, but she is mute. Peter is going through some of his worst times and seems to have no one there for him. BadgerTom barely ever visits. PMS Elle has gone through so much that she is barely recognizable and yet, again, she is mostly mute. What about Nomaken? Kevv also has been through major changes and yet dropped off the radar, until yesterday. What about Mordock and Kiriana? Even Tesla, who was nominated for an admin position does NOT post.

Maybe, when someone pops in, they would post more if the whole fucking place was not already awash with my little burdensome affairs. I feel like I've done too much to put some of the others off. I've even become a maniacal postwhore for chrissakes. I honestly think that we could remove half my post at random and the place would be better off. I hate being a fucking thread closer too. Often, I should just keep my self centered bullshit to myself and let others talk, even if they're not talking to me!

Don't get me wrong! I'm not in some emo "please tell me I'm valid" mood or any bullshit like that. I just want to hear from others. I am tired of my crap taking the center stage.

I guess i'm thinking that more community would help us all.

FUCKING POST, PEOPLE!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #13921 on: February 07, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »
I always have seen this place as some kind of community, but for a little while before I took a break I was starting to wonder if it was my community anymore.  Without wanting to sound emo I often felt like I was looking in on the place from the outside, and that was one of the reasons why I needed to take a break (and I already explained the others to you before I went).  There's a few people that I really feel some kind of connection with, but a lot of the time I do wonder who really gives a fuck about anything that's going on in my life, and that's why I pretty much only post about stuff that has no substance.  (Like you I'm not looking for validation here, just being honest).

ozymandias

« Reply #13922 on: February 07, 2008, 06:44:09 PM »
I wonder who else has post insecurity besides Soph and DirtDawg?

I know I'll look at my old posts sometimes and wince..."I said that? I sound like an idiot!"

**ozymandias reluctantly raises his hand** :-[

ozymandias

« Reply #13923 on: February 07, 2008, 06:45:50 PM »
I always have seen this place as some kind of community, but for a little while before I took a break I was starting to wonder if it was my community anymore.  Without wanting to sound emo I often felt like I was looking in on the place from the outside, and that was one of the reasons why I needed to take a break (and I already explained the others to you before I went).  There's a few people that I really feel some kind of connection with, but a lot of the time I do wonder who really gives a fuck about anything that's going on in my life, and that's why I pretty much only post about stuff that has no substance.  (Like you I'm not looking for validation here, just being honest).

:plus:  Agreed

Soph

« Reply #13924 on: February 07, 2008, 06:46:19 PM »

I feel like that about zomg
I think I'll feel like that on any forum though really

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #13925 on: February 07, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »
Pyraxis has a new job, but she is mute.

I am? From here, it feels like I've been posting about the fricking job everywhere, and I figured people must be sick of hearing about it by now.

For me, having more people post makes me also more likely to post - likely because there's a larger sample of material to find commonalities with. So if people were to post less about themselves, it would be a less interesting community and I wouldn't be able to find as many things to talk about myself.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Soph

« Reply #13926 on: February 07, 2008, 06:52:58 PM »
I tend to post about myself a lot because I don't know wtf else to talk about most of the time. One of the ways I dealt with the social stuff of AS (before I found out I had it) was if someone said something, to keep the conversation going, I'd try and think of something I had done that was similar, so I had a reply I could come up with. And I still do it now. It's the only way I can get through conversations usually, so I end up doing it online as well. I know it pisses everyone off, because I talk about the same things all the time (Starbuline and WP), but I'm trying to talk about other things more as well now

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #13927 on: February 07, 2008, 06:54:48 PM »
Pyraxis has a new job, but she is mute.

I am? From here, it feels like I've been posting about the fricking job everywhere, and I figured people must be sick of hearing about it by now.

For me, having more people post makes me also more likely to post - likely because there's a larger sample of material to find commonalities with. So if people were to post less about themselves, it would be a less interesting community and I wouldn't be able to find as many things to talk about myself.

That's kind of a reciprocal way of saying what I was getting at.

I have tried to open up a bit and trust, but it has mostly been a waste of time, because no one else tries to trust.

Oh, well.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

zaftig

« Reply #13928 on: February 07, 2008, 07:23:33 PM »
I know it pisses everyone off, because I talk about the same things all the time (Starbuline and WP), but I'm trying to talk about other things more as well now

Didn't piss me off.

When you did  talk to me that is ;)

Soph

« Reply #13929 on: February 07, 2008, 11:21:14 PM »
i piss off most people lol
i'm ususally boring to talk to :P

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #13930 on: February 07, 2008, 11:25:58 PM »

I missed you when you were gone.

I know that feeling though.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13931 on: February 07, 2008, 11:58:48 PM »
Lucifer's back! (although I have no idea what it looks like.)

it's getting back to normal (crosses fingers), and has tattoos on it.  broad shouldered, and a "dancer's back" (i.e. j-shaped curve, rather than s-shaped - i used to dance a lot, not as much as i'd like, now).

there - there's a post just for you, dawg.  :D

and anyway, the board isn't flooded with you being emo, as far as i'm concerned.  it's flooded with other shite, but that's a different kettle of fish altogether, although it does make me skim the board when i get on here.  it feels as though I2 is in a stranglehold a lot of the time, and i don't post an awful lot because, as you say, there's little to respond to.  so i know how that one feels (and am guilty of postwhoring shite myself - i'm easily led astray, so blame the O Meister :D ).

there are a few people on here i log on to "see", and you're one of them.

anyway, practically the most exciting thing that's happened to me recently is you being (nearly) struck by lightning, so keep bloody posting, man!  :P

:hug:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13932 on: February 08, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »
(and am guilty of postwhoring shite myself - i'm easily led astray, so blame the O Meister :D ).

So I post shite, then?  :'(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13933 on: February 08, 2008, 01:50:54 AM »
(and am guilty of postwhoring shite myself - i'm easily led astray, so blame the O Meister :D ).

So I post shite, then?  :'(

of course not, darling.  you just force me into posting a load of blether in response to your amazingly erudite and profound efforts.

(there - does that unabashed sycophancy get me some brownie points/promises of filth?  :-* )

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #13934 on: February 08, 2008, 02:00:46 AM »
A bit transparent, don't you think? :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein