Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 370824 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #12510 on: November 14, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »
I work with idiots, it seems.

That's the way most places are.  You are just overqualified good thing you didn't help though the idiots feel threatened when confronted with someone how knows what they are doing. That is how I used to make most of my work enemies. 

I may yet get into trouble. I fully intend to use which ever of my talents I can bring into play to my own advantages. Once I am more confident that I am standing solidly on terra firma, the idiots will learn to stay out of my path.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12511 on: November 14, 2007, 06:24:45 PM »
I'm thinking that I don't want to go to the parent teacher conference in half an hour, second night in a row and one more tomorrow. I hope I don't have to shake hands again

Good luck. We did ours last month. I only have two to go to, though.

There does seem to be a lot of handshaking involved with those things. Human handshaking was developed by bacteria as a means of travel, you know.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12512 on: November 14, 2007, 06:28:04 PM »
Thanks I get very anxious with these things and the hand shaking doesn't help. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12513 on: November 14, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »
An interesting tidbit about Pale Male, world famous red tail hawk, resident of New York City. A Finnish glass blowing artist has created a version of his mouth blown birds in Pale Male's image.

"GlassBirds.com today announced the release of Finnish artist Oiva Toikka's newest glass bird--Pale Male.

One might think New Yorkers had their fill of celebrities, but an unusual red-tailed hawk has certainly proven otherwise. Pale Male (http://www.glassbirds.com/pale-male.html), aptly dubbed for his light coloring, earned a name for himself when he set up home on one of the most exclusive buildings on Fifth Avenue. Since his arrival in 1991, he has taken several mates and raised an impressive urban family, all under the doting gaze of his many fans.

Despite his rural upbringing, Pale Male is no stranger to city life's finer things; he frequents Woody Allen's balcony and hunts for rodents in New York's historic Central Park. The unlikely bird has even garnered a fan base that includes the likes of Mary Tyler Moore. These faithful fans ardently follow his every move and defend his rights to the city he calls home.

News of the Fifth Avenue hawk has spread globally. Renowned Finnish glass artist Oiva Toikka (http://www.glassbirds.com/about-oiva-toikka.html) was instantly intrigued by the Pale Male story. Toikka has a special relationship with birds--he has created glass bird designs for over 30 years for Iittala, Finland's leading glassworks. Iittala's glassblowers work in a remote Finnish village recreating Toikka's designs for collectors worldwide. Pale Male so intrigued the artist that he created his first ever glass bird based on a specific living bird. Only 1,000 copies of Toikka's Pale Male are being made, making this brilliant tribute highly collectible.

Glassbirds.com, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, is one of the largest importers of Iittala mouth-blown glass birds in the United States. GlassBirds.com received its first allocation of Pale Male glass birds this month and is offering them to collectors at their website. Many collectors of birds by Toikka reside in New York, explaining why Pale Male has been one of the company's most anticipated new releases of the year."

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12514 on: November 14, 2007, 06:34:46 PM »

Just hope you are in a decent sized room. This year they had us break off into small offices. It would be fine for three people, but we also have to have our school psychologist, case worker, speech therapist and physical therapist, in addition to the teacher, the student aide and the principal. I was not happy!

I do OK with handshaking, even not bad with eye contact, but breathing used air really bothers me and the oversensitivity of my olfactory sense makes small confined spaces a problem. I hate the smell of strangers' lungs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:36:28 PM by Ass Dragon »

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12515 on: November 14, 2007, 06:42:55 PM »
An interesting tidbit about Pale Male, world famous red tail hawk, resident of New York City. A Finnish glass blowing artist has created a version of his mouth blown birds in Pale Male's image.

"GlassBirds.com today announced the release of Finnish artist Oiva Toikka's newest glass bird--Pale Male.

One might think New Yorkers had their fill of celebrities, but an unusual red-tailed hawk has certainly proven otherwise. Pale Male (http://www.glassbirds.com/pale-male.html), aptly dubbed for his light coloring, earned a name for himself when he set up home on one of the most exclusive buildings on Fifth Avenue. Since his arrival in 1991, he has taken several mates and raised an impressive urban family, all under the doting gaze of his many fans.

Despite his rural upbringing, Pale Male is no stranger to city life's finer things; he frequents Woody Allen's balcony and hunts for rodents in New York's historic Central Park. The unlikely bird has even garnered a fan base that includes the likes of Mary Tyler Moore. These faithful fans ardently follow his every move and defend his rights to the city he calls home.

News of the Fifth Avenue hawk has spread globally. Renowned Finnish glass artist Oiva Toikka (http://www.glassbirds.com/about-oiva-toikka.html) was instantly intrigued by the Pale Male story. Toikka has a special relationship with birds--he has created glass bird designs for over 30 years for Iittala, Finland's leading glassworks. Iittala's glassblowers work in a remote Finnish village recreating Toikka's designs for collectors worldwide. Pale Male so intrigued the artist that he created his first ever glass bird based on a specific living bird. Only 1,000 copies of Toikka's Pale Male are being made, making this brilliant tribute highly collectible.

Glassbirds.com, headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, is one of the largest importers of Iittala mouth-blown glass birds in the United States. GlassBirds.com received its first allocation of Pale Male glass birds this month and is offering them to collectors at their website. Many collectors of birds by Toikka reside in New York, explaining why Pale Male has been one of the company's most anticipated new releases of the year."

whenever there's something weird finns are behind it. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12516 on: November 14, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »

Just hope you are in a decent sized room. This year they had us break off into small offices. It would be fine for three people, but we also have to have our school psychologist, case worker, speech therapist and physical therapist, in addition to the teacher, the student aide and the principal. I was not happy!

I do OK with handshaking, even not bad with eye contact, but breathing used air really bothers me and the oversensitivity of my olfactory sense makes small confined spaces a problem. I hate the smell of strangers' lungs.

It was in the art room which is big and full of the smell of art supplies no hand shakes and it was a good one  :)

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12517 on: November 14, 2007, 07:24:25 PM »

I don't think it's weird. I think these things are cool as hell! Here's a loon, just for you:

It's clicky.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:27:28 PM by Ass Dragon »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12518 on: November 14, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »

It was in the art room which is big and full of the smell of art supplies no hand shakes and it was a good one  :)

I never have the feeling that it is very productive, to be honest.

I always have a little speech prepared for the teachers, at the beginning of school, describing some of my kids' behavioral quirks (they are both autistic) and I still get notes sent home complaining about the same things I had warned the new teachers about. Then during the first meeting the teachers are starting to understand a little. I am asking for some help from the ""Educators"" and they are just nodding and telling me that I was right at the beginning and asking me for help.

:hair:

I feel lucky to have the same psychologist for three years running, though. She followed us and the other autistic kids to the new school. She's a great help, but she also has several other kids to work with, some of whom are not nearly as high functioning as my kids.

Like Bilbo Baggins said, she's "like butter spread across too much bread." :D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:43:44 PM by Ass Dragon »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12519 on: November 14, 2007, 08:03:12 PM »
This one was for my NT son so it was easy.  Productive? same old shit they say every time it went well because he has no issues. The other two on the other hand are a bit different though it does help my wife has her master in special ed and teaches at an all special ed school helps a lot

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12520 on: November 14, 2007, 08:35:04 PM »

Yeah, that's awesome. I guess you can almost "use her knowledge" and input like a whip.

My biggest problems stem from the fact that my kids are so advanced in some academic areas, but infantile in many other, especially social, areas. Like SG was talking about pushing other kids when she was younger, I think we all do that, at first, but we are expected to learn not to do that by school age. My kids still do that. Sometimes my son gets into trouble because when someone is telling him something he doesn't want to hear, he reaches out and tries to Close Their Mouth. They can both be very aggressive, at times.

... but when you stop and think, they are often doing exactly what a one year old will do, but with the strength and determination of a six or eight year old.

:asthing:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12521 on: November 14, 2007, 09:21:11 PM »
I am wondering whether to have my employment case manager with me when I go for an interview next Wednesday. It may look weird....but then I might not get the job due to the whole no eye contact/she's lying thing.

Awkward situation no matter what option I take.
Just curious as to how you get along with the eye contact issue?

For me its occasionally overwhelming.          Easier now than in the past, though.    :)
I am horrible at eye contact. And it is very noticeable. I had the interview yesterday and I think it went well. I didn't get nervous. The interviewer wrote down notes a lot so I got to look around the room. I ended up looking at her teeth, though, instead of her eyes.

I don't know why I have the eye contact problem. I can't explain why I don't like it. But I can make eye contact with certain people if I know them well enough.  8)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #12522 on: November 14, 2007, 09:29:53 PM »

Yeah, that's awesome. I guess you can almost "use her knowledge" and input like a whip.

My biggest problems stem from the fact that my kids are so advanced in some academic areas, but infantile in many other, especially social, areas. Like SG was talking about pushing other kids when she was younger, I think we all do that, at first, but we are expected to learn not to do that by school age. My kids still do that. Sometimes my son gets into trouble because when someone is telling him something he doesn't want to hear, he reaches out and tries to Close Their Mouth. They can both be very aggressive, at times.

... but when you stop and think, they are often doing exactly what a one year old will do, but with the strength and determination of a six or eight year old.

:asthing:

My daughter is in the gifted program shes 9 but has those toddler temper tantrums and behaves much more like a 4 year old.

Not only her knowledge but she picks brains at school with her friends on how to deal with our school and in the past has had he old principal who is now a child advocate go into meetings with her :)

George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12523 on: November 15, 2007, 01:07:28 AM »

I don't think it's weird. I think these things are cool as hell! Here's a loon, just for you:

It's clicky.

that's purdy, thanks. :-*

someone should make a bird for Cal. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12524 on: November 15, 2007, 01:13:15 AM »
Sometimes my son gets into trouble because when someone is telling him something he doesn't want to hear, he reaches out and tries to Close Their Mouth. They can both be very aggressive, at times.

i can react violently if someone doesn't shut about about something i feel damages me if i hear it. that would be extreme though, usually i just scream and throw stuff or put my hands over my ears and leave if i can. maybe you could teach him to put his hands over his ears instead over someone's mouth. or walk away. at least then he's not invading someone's personal space. :P
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar