Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 368141 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #11430 on: September 11, 2007, 01:27:58 AM »
Agreed.   The more I try to be nice to people and get to know them, the more they seemingly get disturbed by my sudden interest in them.   Maybe they think they are special or something?   The fact that I really don't reach out to people in real life much would be a factor if the person saw that from observing how I interact in social settings.  IRL I fail at choosing friends it seems, better when they are more active in making friends with me (the ones I make myself usually end up badly).   Maybe I am too random with who I choose to talk to (it sure seems random to me).   Whenever I do make friends we end up being really close like a brother or sister usually.   It takes me a while to open up but when I do its not so bad when people get used to how weird I am.   At least I warn them.

Online I tend to be extremely personable for some reason, probably because I don't care as much and try to be myself.   When I try to say nice things, they are taken the wrong way sometimes.   My jokes are taken seriously far too often... like when I tell people to die from prostate (or insert other death) cancer I don't mean it.   IRL my friends can easily tell that I don't really wish them to die a slow painful death from something.  At least online I seem to try to get to know people more, than in person.   I don't ask enough questions or talk enough period to do that.   Almost like I am compensating for my RL social failures by making efforts online.   I rarely hold back online so people knew what they were getting into with me in MMORPGs.    Here I am too much of a niceguy maybe, probably due to me identifying with most of the social/psychological/etc problems that people here have.   I would feel like a huge jackass berating people for things that have anything to do with the same thing I have (AS or BiPolar for example).  I am not so forgiving with people I see as normal.   This just comes off as me being a huge @$$hole to most, since they have no idea that I am a ranting AS social retard IRL.

When a friend in FFXI quits for a couple of months they are usually fine with me keeping in touch and asking them when they will be back (they sure as hell do it to me).   I don't bother my RL friends who move away, I just slowly lose contact and never talk to them again.   I freaking missed my best friend's wedding (well from age 5 on to 15 he was) just because I had to do Dynamis-Xarcabard in FFXI.   Even though I have quit FFXI I still visit my old LS message boards and chat with people on IM and play Xbox360 games and other PC games with them online.   Still doesn't fully fill the void of FFXI though.  They have started actively trying to get me to come back to the game though.   Such is the life of a support/healing class.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11431 on: September 11, 2007, 06:10:59 AM »
I had no idea who the fuck he was before he told me that "my joke was an old one" and he had heard it too many times. I did not know what the fuck he was saying, until he typed it all out slowly for Yours Truly - the Social Retard.
How were you meant to know he wrote those books if he did not tell you? And then he wouldn't accept the compliment? You're not a social retard.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11432 on: September 11, 2007, 07:20:51 AM »
Why can't I seep tonight >:(

You're in an airtight container?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

GalileoAce

« Reply #11433 on: September 11, 2007, 07:23:18 AM »
Sometimes I don't know why or how I bother.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11434 on: September 11, 2007, 07:23:36 AM »
I had no idea who the fuck he was before he told me that "my joke was an old one" and he had heard it too many times. I did not know what the fuck he was saying, until he typed it all out slowly for Yours Truly - the Social Retard.
How were you meant to know he wrote those books if he did not tell you? And then he wouldn't accept the compliment? You're not a social retard.

He may have concluded that I am some kind of stalker, or that he really knows me as an antagonist, but hasn't figured out, yet, who I am in real life, though.

The only way I know the guy is that he is one of the more wealthy, but electronically and acoustically challenged members of a message board. We have had many conversations over the past two years and I believe I have helped him with many details of his pursuits of audio. Hell, I even did math for him - I helped him figure out how to acoustically treat his private listening room. I mean him no harm!

After having a little nap and calming down a bit, my thoughts are that he must have taken some grief in real life about some of his work or something or most probably his whole life and is just projecting that into my mistake. It was an innocent mistake. I certainly wasn't berating the guy or his work. I was genuinely recommending it to a "friend," I thought.

Thanks for your kindness, Renaeden.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11435 on: September 11, 2007, 07:54:43 AM »

Hermetically sealed against pressure changes?

I would plus you, except that I would be promoting language/usage/typing nazism.

FUCK IT!

It's funny as hell!

:plus:

... to Parts too, for being a good straight man.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 07:56:44 AM by MarkingDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

GalileoAce

« Reply #11436 on: September 11, 2007, 08:53:29 AM »
ZOMG!
Rescue Raiders!

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11437 on: September 11, 2007, 09:27:52 AM »
i was only trying to be helpful. :angel:

orly?  besides, you forget i know the sort of helpful you want to be when corsets are involved.  :P

:eyebrows:

ozymandias

« Reply #11438 on: September 11, 2007, 09:32:35 AM »
Sometimes I don't know why or how I bother.

There is a question I ask myself every day! ???

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11439 on: September 11, 2007, 09:43:33 AM »

Hermetically sealed against pressure changes?

I would plus you, except that I would be promoting language/usage/typing nazism.

FUCK IT!

It's funny as hell!

:plus:

... to Parts too, for being a good straight man.

I try to avoid typo-naziism as well, because my typing skills are crapola.  However, that was one I couldn't pass up.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

GalileoAce

« Reply #11440 on: September 11, 2007, 09:47:59 AM »
From my previous:

"Rescue Raiders", it was a game on the Apple IIe back in 1984 (one year before my birth), it was also my first taste of real time tactical strategy. When I used to visit my auntie, I'd beat my sisters to her Apple IIe, having my choice of the games she had on that "awesome computer", I usually chose "Rescue Raiders". Though I couldn't find any instructions, my auntie's boyfriend gave me a few pointers on what to do, basically, I needed to get my guys to the enemy base at the other end of the screen, I controlled our helicopter, but I could call in Infantry, Tanks, fire-truck looking things, and what I assumed were Medical Vans. This was gaming heaven!

(The explosive medical van!)

The story, as I now know, was a group of terrorists developed a Time Machine and went back to 1944 in the hopes of changing the outcome of WWII to their favor. Our guys were sent back to stop them. The object of the game was indeed to get to the enemy's base on the other end of the screen, but it was the 'medical van', which was actually a Demolition Van that needed to get there, to blow up the terrorist's Time Machine.

(Our guys! Go Guys! Go!)

I would've been at least under the age of 10, but this game was addictive, even without clear instructions.

(Fire-Truck Thingy and two Demolition Vans, and a Tactical Station)

Flying the chopper back and forth, picking up my men to air-drop them on enemy targets to capture them, bombing enemy tanks and demo vans, and most importantly evading or dogfighting with the pesky enemy chopper, this game was awesome fun and incredibly detailed (in gameplay, graphics were pretty good for it's age though, being on Apple IIe and all).

(Dogfight over the enemy base)

I just recently downloaded the Disk Image of this and an Apple IIe emulator, and has a go at it, still confusing, still fun!
So you can imagine my annoyance that I totally missed out on the GameBoy Advance remake of this called "Super Army War" or "Glory Days". Bugger!

However! This is a DS remake call "Glory Days II" or "Brotherhood of Men". IGN gave it a score of 8.0 so it must be pretty good. ;)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11441 on: September 11, 2007, 09:55:18 AM »
I played a later version of that; the medical vans were electronic warfare vans that destroyed the enemy base.  I only had a shareware demo version though; I never paid to unlock it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 09:59:19 AM by Peter »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

GalileoAce

« Reply #11442 on: September 11, 2007, 09:57:05 AM »
Might've been "Armor Alley", it came out about 10 years later on Mac and DOS.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #11443 on: September 11, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11444 on: September 11, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »
i was only trying to be helpful. :angel:

orly?  besides, you forget i know the sort of helpful you want to be when corsets are involved.  :P

:eyebrows:

my motives are purely altruistic. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein