Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 366486 times)

The_P

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #10020 on: July 09, 2007, 12:43:54 PM »
is it a fan oven?  they're impossible for cakes.  mine used to be burnt offerings, so i no longer use it.  cooking with electricity is shite, anyway.

No, just a normal one. Also, it's a gas cooker -- a shite one at that.

I was hoping to make you scarf down my cake faster than you can say "Top Banana!" But alas, this oven sucks.

EDIT: SomeRandomGuy couldn't come up with any insults today. Shame.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 01:27:30 PM by Basement-dwelling Peegai »

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10021 on: July 09, 2007, 01:26:51 PM »
huh?

anyway...

still drooling over adam and the ants...  woof!

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10022 on: July 09, 2007, 03:23:42 PM »
Can't wait till they're done looking at my dad's jeep.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10023 on: July 09, 2007, 07:01:34 PM »
that's what i meant Kevv, i would need those channels.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

ozymandias

« Reply #10024 on: July 09, 2007, 07:05:45 PM »
is it a fan oven?  they're impossible for cakes.  mine used to be burnt offerings, so i no longer use it.  cooking with electricity is shite, anyway.

I was hoping to make you scarf down my cake faster than you can say "Top Banana!" But alas, this oven sucks.

I'v got a friend who's got a funky fucked up gas stove/oven.  It took her awhile to figure out it's quirks.  Thats the secret of cooking, trust your eyes, taste, judgement and smell.............not the stove.

The_P

« Reply #10025 on: July 10, 2007, 03:57:18 AM »
Somewhat confused over what I should do next. Perhaps I should try and get in contact with JobCentre Plus down in West Street.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10026 on: July 10, 2007, 04:28:34 AM »

I'v got a friend who's got a funky fucked up gas stove/oven.  It took her awhile to figure out it's quirks.  Thats the secret of cooking, trust your eyes, taste, judgement and smell.............not the stove.

i would agree, generally.  but it's a bit difficult to judge without opening the oven door and thereby fucking the cake rising.  i've been told i'm a "natural" cook, which means i can make things up as i go along, but even i can't get baking completely right with my stupid oven, and i've used dozens over the years, from catering for over 100 people on two open fires and an earth oven (don't even ask), to wedding buffets with all-singing, all-dancing kitchens.

The_P

« Reply #10027 on: July 10, 2007, 04:33:04 AM »

i would agree, generally.  but it's a bit difficult to judge without opening the oven door and thereby fucking the cake rising.  i've been told i'm a "natural" cook, which means i can make things up as i go along, but even i can't get baking completely right with my stupid oven, and i've used dozens over the years, from catering for over 100 people on two open fires and an earth oven (don't even ask), to wedding buffets with all-singing, all-dancing kitchens.

Is there something you haven't done yet? Jesus -- talk about an eventful life. :)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10028 on: July 10, 2007, 04:51:13 AM »
can't ride a bike; never managed to keep a relationship going for very long ( :'( ); am bloody useless at photography; only seen about half of the world i'd like to see, amongst about a bajillion other things.

oh, and haven't fucked johnny depp.  yet.  :laugh:

ozymandias

« Reply #10029 on: July 10, 2007, 07:37:29 AM »

Yeah, that can be tricky, even with an oven window, it's hard to get a proper look at the cake without opening it.  I use a clean butter knife to check for doneness when I bake a cake.  We bought a new gas stove/oven last year, big and better difference from the old beast.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10030 on: July 10, 2007, 11:03:52 AM »
I desperately want to make a fool of myself in a publically memorable way.  I'm thinking movies with friends on Thu... bad Harry Potter cosplay, a la Rocky Horror but geekier... bad (and persistant) fake accent... memorizing some Latin...

...but what else can I do with it?  There's got to be something.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

ozymandias

« Reply #10031 on: July 10, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »
You could always revive streaking as a college right of passage. :eyebrows:  I never had the guts to do it during my college days 1973-1977. :P 

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #10032 on: July 10, 2007, 12:32:22 PM »
i wonder why spokane girl is making the ask away pages topsy turvey.
Misunderstood.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10033 on: July 10, 2007, 12:39:07 PM »
i wonder why spokane girl is making the ask away pages topsy turvey.

What do you mean?  ???

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10034 on: July 10, 2007, 01:53:33 PM »
You could always revive streaking as a college right of passage. :eyebrows:  I never had the guts to do it during my college days 1973-1977. :P 

Lol, but hell no.  It's got to be something legal.  :P
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.