Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 363032 times)

The_P

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #9240 on: June 11, 2007, 11:31:01 AM »
OK, no sympathy, Pea, but I'll say in an utterly selfish manner that I hope you're back here rasing hell as soon as possible, therefore I hope you feel better, but only to reach this end, of course, as it is utterly impossible that I wish you well for any other reason.

Better?

Better. :)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9241 on: June 11, 2007, 11:32:33 AM »

Coming online is like shuffling yourself a hand of cards for entertainment. Sometimes we draw a card, which should improve our hand, and find it to be almost unrecognizable. While some cards we draw are similar to each other, many of those "face cards" are quite unique and often a pleasant find. Discovering that one of your favorite cards has become badly damaged is likely to affect your enjoyment of the card game. So, for my own personal reasons, I would like all the cards in the deck to be in serviceable condition, including you, P. None of this is feigned.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9242 on: June 11, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

Coming online is like shuffling yourself a hand of cards for entertainment. Sometimes we draw a card, which should improve our hand, and find it to be almost unrecognizable. While some cards we draw are similar to each other, many of those "face cards" are quite unique and often a pleasant find. Discovering that one of your favorite cards has become badly damaged is likely to affect your enjoyment of the card game. So, for my own personal reasons, I would like all the cards in the deck to be in serviceable condition, including you, P. None of this is feigned.
+ for the simile.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9243 on: June 11, 2007, 02:23:04 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if you could let go of past issues without having to work through them?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9244 on: June 11, 2007, 03:11:35 PM »
What is wrong with me, that I lack any real celebrity crushes, and can hardly think of any movies where I found a character to be really sexy?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9245 on: June 11, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »
Things have gone downhill since Nastassja Kinski disappeared from the big screen. -sigh-
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9246 on: June 11, 2007, 04:55:03 PM »
she makes me think of fudge. kinski, kinuski. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

ozymandias

« Reply #9247 on: June 11, 2007, 05:06:29 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if you could let go of past issues without having to work through them?

I picked up and read thru my daughters book, "The essence of TAO".  It actually made a lot of sense to me, and the major point is to "let go" of past issues.  Quite interesting to me.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9248 on: June 11, 2007, 05:07:29 PM »

I picked up and read thru my daughters book, "The essence of TAO".  It actually made a lot of sense to me, and the major point is to "let go" of past issues.  Quite interesting to me.

Does it tell you how to do that though?  I'd love to know how.  :-\

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9249 on: June 11, 2007, 05:10:09 PM »
me too. of course people know they should let go of past issues. there's no way to change past issues. we can only change the way we see past issues and through that change them into something neutral or positive.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #9250 on: June 11, 2007, 05:35:12 PM »
me too. of course people know they should let go of past issues. there's no way to change past issues. we can only change the way we see past issues and through that change them into something neutral or positive.

The past is too important to let go.
It's all that we really have that's
certain. The future is unformed,
but the past is known.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9251 on: June 11, 2007, 05:38:12 PM »
The past is too important to let go.
It's all that we really have that's
certain. The future is unformed,
but the past is known.

Who killed Kennedy?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

ozymandias

« Reply #9252 on: June 11, 2007, 05:38:35 PM »
It really doesn't say exactly how and at the risk of boring people to death I'll post some quotes that I found in the book.

"Under heaven everyone knows that the existence of beauty depends on the existence of ugliness.  Everyone knows the capacity for kindness depends on the existence of the unkind.  Existence and nothingness are mutually born, Difficult and easy complete each other."  
--LAO TZU

"There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course.  Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy" would lose it's meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.  It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity."  --Carl Jung

"Happiness is not a matter of Intensity, but of balance and order and rhythm and harmony."  --Thomas Merton

So now that I'v given everybody who reads that a severe case of MEGO  (My Eyes Glaze Over) syndrome.  I'm feeling a little contemplative at the moment, so I'l see you later.

Peace

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #9253 on: June 11, 2007, 05:40:32 PM »
 :plus: for taking the time to find and post those quotes.  :-*

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9254 on: June 11, 2007, 05:43:10 PM »
my eyes didn't glaze over.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar