Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 368555 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #6525 on: February 01, 2007, 06:44:00 AM »
Sound appears to have a lot of fast moving fluctuations in pitch.  And a lot of the different qualities of sound we hear come from how big the fluctuations are.  Probably not saying anything anyone didn't already know, but I'm kind of thinking out loud.
Windows can record sound. If you have Nero, you have a .wav editor. You will have to de-compress mp3 files to use it.

I use "Exact Audio Copy" to rip CDs and it also allows some viewing of the signal, along with some simple editing.

What are you trying to do?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:37:07 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6526 on: February 01, 2007, 06:45:29 AM »
It turned out Recover My Files can get it all back, but intends to make me pay for the privilege. *looks for a freeware tool which is up to the job, but isn't optimistic*

Found this.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6527 on: February 01, 2007, 06:50:58 AM »
thanks guys.

what does incongruety mean?

i'll pm anyone who wants the reason but i don't feel like talking about it on the board.

The reason, doesn't matter. You feel the way you feel. Who's to say that your feelings are not right or are unjustified, somehow? I still wish you better, soon, no matter how valid anyone thinks your feelings are.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6528 on: February 01, 2007, 07:02:06 AM »
I think sometimes being autistic is like climbing out of a huge hole, with others higher up the hole trampling on your fingers and I got to trample on person below me fingers. It is a way of explaining why I am being pretty harsh to alldayglowrandy all of a sudden, it gives me a little self esteem.

It's a little disheartening that you think you could gain something by "trampling on the fingers" of those beneath you. It does not make good sense. There is no "Zero Sum Gain" when it comes to people's self esteem. You don't have to subtract from another to add to yours! If you really believe this, then I see a short trip for you ahead as you quickly run out of people to "trample on". Then how will you keep going?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6529 on: February 01, 2007, 07:11:50 AM »
It turned out Recover My Files can get it all back, but intends to make me pay for the privilege. *looks for a freeware tool which is up to the job, but isn't optimistic*

Found this.

Have I told you lately how much I laugh at your avatar? The thought of Lennon counting American dollars seems incongruous, even though I'm sure he did a lot of it. I believe he must have had teams of people to count his American money for him, too.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 07:14:14 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6530 on: February 01, 2007, 07:44:15 AM »
The reason I said incongruity is because of the idea that comedy comes from it.  I wasn't trying to suggest there was anything wrong the her reason, just that if people do find it funny, it is probably due to that.  I would be interested to hear the reason too.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6531 on: February 01, 2007, 08:18:50 AM »
The reason I said incongruity is because of the idea that comedy comes from it.  I wasn't trying to suggest there was anything wrong the her reason, just that if people do find it funny, it is probably due to that.  I would be interested to hear the reason too.

It's also a fun word, and I would stick it to the Unusual word thread, but the other thread, I intened to be for words we seldom get a chance to use in our normal coversations. I use some form of the word almost everyday, don't you?

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6532 on: February 01, 2007, 08:30:29 AM »
Actually yes.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6533 on: February 01, 2007, 08:32:27 AM »
Have I told you lately how much I laugh at your avatar? The thought of Lennon counting American dollars seems incongruous, even though I'm sure he did a lot of it. I believe he must have had teams of people to count his American money for him, too.

Yoko Ono still counts his money...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #6534 on: February 01, 2007, 08:59:19 AM »
i think i will change my avatar.
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6535 on: February 01, 2007, 09:05:48 AM »
The reason, doesn't matter. You feel the way you feel. Who's to say that your feelings are not right or are unjustified, somehow? I still wish you better, soon, no matter how valid anyone thinks your feelings are.

thanks. it's just that i'm dealing with something a so called normal person could handle very easily and without a lot of distress, so to others it might seem i'm making mt. everest out of a molehill. but to me it's causing a lot of stress to the point where i constantly feel physically ill and unsafe. but were i to say the reason out loud it would definitely sound comical.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6536 on: February 01, 2007, 09:20:25 AM »

thanks. it's just that i'm dealing with something a so called normal person could handle very easily and without a lot of distress, so to others it might seem i'm making mt. everest out of a molehill. but to me it's causing a lot of stress to the point where i constantly feel physically ill and unsafe. but were i to say the reason out loud it would definitely sound comical.

I don't blame you for keeping private.

I bleed all over the place, sometimes, and I often regret it, because the wound seems so small, later, after I have gotten a grip on myself. The inverse also happens ... I sometimes make others bleed for the slightest infraction. I have much to atone for.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6537 on: February 01, 2007, 09:50:21 AM »
i'm not exactly embarassed about it and i do feel my feelings are valid given my condition (OCD, AS, anxiety etc) but i feel uncomfortable talking about it on a public board where anyone can read it.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Graelwyn

« Reply #6538 on: February 01, 2007, 10:15:38 AM »

I can understand this so totally, and doesn't it just piss you off when someone has the attitude of, 'you are a grown woman, this is a simple task, blah blah blah'. I have terrible issues doing some simple things, I remember when I had my new Nikon, I wanted someone to put the strap on for me and there was a camera store inside the major food store, Asda, and what did I do? I just hovered outside, looking in hopefully, moving off in defeat when the shop owner got busy with something else. I couldn't speak up, lol.

duncvis

« Reply #6539 on: February 01, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »

Found this.

cheers O-master! I got my new(er) computer this afternoon, it seems to be working (either that or its pretending to work really convincingly) so I'll be ripping the floppy out and fitting that drive later on. Will give that program a try then.  8)