Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 372779 times)

Graelwyn

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #6210 on: January 23, 2007, 04:33:34 AM »
Well, it seems that maybe I wasn't meant to go to my gp yesterday as Tuesdays, there is a different one working and his wife used to teach Aspergers children so he knows a little about it. He said he will get onto it as soon as surgery is closed and that I should call in about a week. I was open about believing I was misdiagnosed with borderline anyway. My father's attitude isn't helping. I asked for his support with this and he suggested I am just seeking another excuse for my inability to get a job and move on with life.  :-\

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6211 on: January 23, 2007, 04:46:22 AM »
I'm starting to think I don't belong on this forum myself, and I wish I could just drop dead right now...people are cruel and full of hate, and there will never be the peace that I long for.

Don't worry, there will be peace.  Because eventually you start living around people in such an age group that none of them are energetic and motivated enough to be very harmful.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6212 on: January 23, 2007, 04:49:07 AM »
I distinctly remember a period in my life when I was so wound up and angry at the world I was just itching for someone to start talking about something i disagree'd with so I could argue with them until dooms day, and now i'm like, "Fuck that.  Been there, done that.  Censorship? Yeah, I argued about it, didn't change shit, no lives were saved, just pissed off both of us until we alienated each other."

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6213 on: January 23, 2007, 06:27:57 AM »
Is there a cure for having a problem with being too blunt I wonder?  :laugh:

Graelwyn

« Reply #6214 on: January 23, 2007, 06:36:54 AM »
A knife sharpener?  :P

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6215 on: January 23, 2007, 06:55:26 AM »
A knife sharpener?  :P

:laugh:   I really think that would just make the problem worse.

ozymandias

« Reply #6216 on: January 23, 2007, 07:12:00 AM »
Something about that platforms edge is drawing me in with irresistible force!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6217 on: January 23, 2007, 07:15:39 AM »
Something about that platforms edge is drawing me in with irresistible force!

Perhaps you should post in the blowjob thread about what you like incase you step too close to the edge  ;)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6218 on: January 23, 2007, 07:19:41 AM »
Graelwyn, i don't think you can be too outspoken for Intensity. everyone here is outspoken and that's the way we like it.

who labeled you emo?

Several, actually, lol. From the way I can see it in the specific thread in the second from bottom area, anyway. But I suppose, I can take the descriptive. I don't mind being seen as someone over emotional, though it would be inaccurate most of the time. I suppose I just become more emo when I am not coping especially well  :green:

i don't think there is anything wrong with being emo. personally i think people are a little too emo-hatey these days. everyone makes fun of it so much that i start to feel like any negative emotions are considered lame and not cool or that people think you're weak. but when you're in that state and in that situation it's just how you react, it's how you cope. and there is beauty to sadness, especially so when it's blended with humor. i think both are important and awesome parts of being human, we shouldn't just deny one or the other completely. i think there is a lot of humor in darkness and a lot of darkness can be found in humor. without making light of the darkness, it can be unbearable. maybe that's why people make fun of emo, but i think maybe it's been taken too far. i think the whole idea of emo is funny. before there wasn't such a word and it wasn't a problem. now it's cool to laugh at it.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6219 on: January 23, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »
Actually to me the real meaning of the word emo is not seeing the beauty or humour in the full range of emotions, including sadness.  Its about assuming that your pain, baggage, etc is more valid than everyone elses. Or its about not allowing yourself to experience a full range of emotions because you've made a lifestyle choice to be sad (as in the emo kids).    But like many other words its become commonly used in a different, less severe way (like lame, gay, etc).

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6220 on: January 23, 2007, 07:42:50 AM »
interesting angle PI, i didn't think of it that way.

i think people are mislabelling people with valid problems as being whiners and the word they use for that is emo.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:44:49 AM by Millabella »
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #6221 on: January 23, 2007, 07:51:52 AM »
I don't have a problem with people with valid problems (I would have thought that some of the other posts I've made on here would illustrate that)- I do sometimes have a problem with people who want sympathy over every little thing, but without the willingness to try improve things for themselves- and that's the important thing imo, because I don't think its always helpful to enable people to continue to feel like they can't change things.

Perhaps people have been using the terms emo and whiner a little too lightly, but not knowing that people would take things so seriously isn't a rare AS issue.  Neither is getting angry about issues that were worsened by misunderstandings.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6222 on: January 23, 2007, 07:54:44 AM »
i agree.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6223 on: January 23, 2007, 08:05:17 AM »
There are some things that I want, but I am unwilling to do what is necessary to get it, but because of that I don't bitch about not having it.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6224 on: January 23, 2007, 08:16:41 AM »
but bitching can be fun. >:D
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar