Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 338819 times)

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #7140 on: March 07, 2007, 01:46:14 PM »
I'm trying to convince my digestive tract not to self-reset and violently reject everything within it, after that.
By which you mean...?
Is it lying not to tell (?) someone that most of my "highly developed social skills" (compared to some) are learned behaviors, learned by my imitating others, as closely as possible, echoing and reflecting their inflections, trying to understand how to intermix (quite cleverly, sometimes) assorted, diverse, but indistinct strains of vocal inflections with the various body languages, which are different for every social situation or for every perceived impetus, in order to create more precise two-way communication? ... or should I just let them keep on thinking that it is natural and that my lumbering efforts to "connect" are wholy composed of what is truly me and my thoughts?
Omitting information, though sometimes just as dishonest, is a different act, so technically it isn't. As is the case with lies, it depends on the situation and however you place your values whether it is justified. Nothing new, is it?

If there is no harm, you might just as well tell it. If it'd cause a change for the worse, just as disclosing your diagnosis in many cases would, then I'd recommend keeping it to yourself.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7141 on: March 07, 2007, 02:42:11 PM »
I'm trying to convince my digestive tract not to self-reset and violently reject everything within it, after that.
By which you mean...?

Lunchquake, possibly. Not that uncommon, but a near-miss of a total gastric reset caused by a series of well placed electrons would seem quite rare, actually. I may yet lose my grip on this chicken soup.

:venere:

I'm not going to tell everyone that I've been lying to them, the whole time. One more thing for the "Need To Know" list.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:12:52 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #7142 on: March 07, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
Very well, then; I was wondering if you were trying to tell me something related to what I wrote in some obscure way.

duncvis

« Reply #7143 on: March 07, 2007, 07:58:10 PM »
Sick and tired of doing an AS Thing.  :-[

*digs hole, climbs in and stays there until morning*

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7144 on: March 07, 2007, 08:16:11 PM »
Very well, then; I was wondering if you were trying to tell me something related to what I wrote in some obscure way.

It was just a colorful way to express how much panic I feel when thinking too seriously about how, what I said related to what you said, and how you made it seem so cut and dried.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7145 on: March 07, 2007, 08:35:40 PM »
*shrug* Omitting information is a semantic distinction from lying. Every social situation is a lie.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

duncvis

« Reply #7146 on: March 08, 2007, 02:21:55 AM »
Still completely pissed off.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7147 on: March 08, 2007, 02:47:54 AM »

duncvis

« Reply #7148 on: March 08, 2007, 06:26:59 AM »

Why?

Frustrated, embarrassed, depressed at lack of ability to fix things when I fuck up - computers are much easier to fix than people's feelings. I'll leave it at that before it starts to sound like self pity. :tantrum:

The_P

« Reply #7149 on: March 08, 2007, 12:17:39 PM »
Some fun day.  ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7150 on: March 08, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »

Why?

Frustrated, embarrassed, depressed at lack of ability to fix things when I fuck up - computers are much easier to fix than people's feelings. I'll leave it at that before it starts to sound like self pity. :tantrum:

Ugh! ... sounds like another "Day in the Life" to me, Amigo. I just wish I didn't do that kind of shit, so often ... but, yeah. We'll leave that alone.

duncvis

« Reply #7151 on: March 08, 2007, 02:55:18 PM »
Doing better.  :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7152 on: March 08, 2007, 03:36:32 PM »

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #7153 on: March 08, 2007, 03:40:25 PM »
Tea binge!
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Scrapheap

« Reply #7154 on: March 08, 2007, 11:33:49 PM »
Benjamin Netenyahu (or however the fuck you spell it) is on Hanity and Colmes right now. I always liked him.