Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 338818 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #7125 on: March 07, 2007, 02:28:00 AM »
But you know this, since we've explained it quite a few times, and a person with your IQ should have the brains to connect the dots.

Nomaken's IQ numbers are a LITTLE BIT exagerated.

Really? Naaah, he wouldn't lie about it, would he? ???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #7126 on: March 07, 2007, 04:55:53 AM »
MY NT psych told me that "aspies cannot lie". So either he's telling the truth or he is no aspie.  ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7127 on: March 07, 2007, 05:47:20 AM »
Or he's an aspie and lying about aspies being unable to lie. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7128 on: March 07, 2007, 06:24:35 AM »
I believe that the ability to fool others, on a consistent basis, is a special talent that some have, and lying is a human thing, not an Aspie/NT thing. It so happens that almost all aspies seem to be really bad at it and give up trying to lie when they are young. The age when they decided that it is easier to tell the truth is different for some.

I also believe that some people are natural born liars, who will always trim a lie to fit rather than sliding the truth into a situation, and they are so good at lying that most people don't even know they are lying, most of the time. There aren't any "good" liars, here. They are all hacks at butchering lies.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #7129 on: March 07, 2007, 06:27:55 AM »
But you know this, since we've explained it quite a few times, and a person with your IQ should have the brains to connect the dots.

Really? Naaah, he wouldn't lie about it, would he? ???
;)

what's the word that i am looking for....pathological?
Misunderstood.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #7130 on: March 07, 2007, 08:51:58 AM »
I also believe that some people are natural born liars, who will always trim a lie to fit rather than sliding the truth into a situation, and they are so good at lying that most people don't even know they are lying, most of the time.
Studies have shown that compulsive liars tend to have a somewhat different brain structure; more pronounced "female" proportions (named so after average differences), ie. less gray and more white cells. The opposite of what has been found with many on the spectrum, who are often described as having "extreme-male brains".

Litigious

« Reply #7131 on: March 07, 2007, 09:02:17 AM »
I also believe that some people are natural born liars, who will always trim a lie to fit rather than sliding the truth into a situation, and they are so good at lying that most people don't even know they are lying, most of the time.
Studies have shown that compulsive liars tend to have a somewhat different brain structure; more pronounced "female" proportions (named so after average differences), ie. less gray and more white cells. The opposite of what has been found with many on the spectrum, who are often described as having "extreme-male brains".

Why doesn't it surprise me that females are better liers?  ::)

Scrapheap

« Reply #7132 on: March 07, 2007, 09:52:20 AM »
what's the word that i am looking for....pathological?

No you ignoramous !!! the word you're looking for is SCATALOGICAL !!!  ;) :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7133 on: March 07, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »

:LMAO:

You think?  If he has an IQ over 200, I have not seen any evidence of it.  I have seen evidence that he "exaggerated the truth" many times.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7134 on: March 07, 2007, 10:21:25 AM »

I think men are better liars than women.

Did you tell the fifteen year old female child that you are 36 in your personal ad?

Litigious

« Reply #7135 on: March 07, 2007, 10:25:24 AM »

Did you tell the fifteen year old female child that you are 36 in your personal ad?

Not in my ad, but before we met. I usually lie about my age, since I look much younger than I am. More young women would reject me if they knew from the beginning that I'm 36, but when we hav had contact for a while and I tell them the truth, they usually accept it. I wasn't the oldest guy she had met either. We're talking about Swedish sluts extraordinaire here.  8)

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #7136 on: March 07, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »
I think it depends on the situation. When there is time for someone to carefully plan and construct a lie, it's probably mostly an intellectual matter combined with learned skill. At the spur of a moment, though, it is largely those social (and, for a convincing presentation, body-language) instincts that for us, depending on how you interpret it, are weaker and/or aligned more towards others like ourselves. Similar differences seem to exist between men and women in general, though milder. It'd make sense for those with "well"-tuned instincts to tend to rely on them more, while others spend more time learning how to lie well intellectually in order to compensate, leading to differently balanced skills.

The_P

« Reply #7137 on: March 07, 2007, 10:59:13 AM »
My sleeping routine sucks still. :/

ozymandias

« Reply #7138 on: March 07, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »
My sleeping routine sucks still. :/

Have you ever tried melatonin 1-3 mg?  Also what is your caffeinatted beverage routine, if any.  Sometimes a night time "ritual" change can help.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7139 on: March 07, 2007, 12:22:24 PM »
I think it depends on the situation. When there is time for someone to carefully plan and construct a lie, it's probably mostly an intellectual matter combined with learned skill. At the spur of a moment, though, it is largely those social (and, for a convincing presentation, body-language) instincts that for us, depending on how you interpret it, are weaker and/or aligned more towards others like ourselves. Similar differences seem to exist between men and women in general, though milder. It'd make sense for those with "well"-tuned instincts to tend to rely on them more, while others spend more time learning how to lie well intellectually in order to compensate, leading to differently balanced skills.

I'm trying to convince my digestive tract not to self-reset and violently reject everything within it, after that. Is it lying not to tell (?) someone that most of my "highly developed social skills" (compared to some) are learned behaviors, learned by my imitating others, as closely as possible, echoing and reflecting their inflections, trying to understand how to intermix (quite cleverly, sometimes) assorted, diverse, but indistinct strains of vocal inflections with the various body languages, which are different for every social situation or for every perceived impetus, in order to create more precise two-way communication? ... or should I just let them keep on thinking that it is natural and that my lumbering efforts to "connect" are wholy composed of what is truly me and my thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 12:29:36 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.