Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 363419 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #5475 on: January 09, 2007, 12:12:57 PM »
Good for you!
You two can help each other by doing lots of octupus impressions!

I plan to give up the pipe for good myself, next week.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 12:19:34 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #5476 on: January 09, 2007, 12:23:23 PM »
How often do you smoke your pipe?  Good luck with stopping for good. :crossed:

ozymandias

« Reply #5477 on: January 09, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »
Good luck with quitting the pipe smoking as well DD! 8)  The tough thing about smoking is that not only is it the nicotine addiction habit, but, a social habit.  Do you feel the craving after a meal, when stressed, first thing in the morning, when bored, etc, etc.  I'v heard and seen all the scenario's.  I'm glad I never started, I have a bad enought time giving up the little bad habits I have as it is.  Like lip picking, my daily glass of sherry or wine (which I'm abstaining from until Valentines day..no reason just a goal).  I tried to give up caffeine, no way I'm doing that again! <shudder>

You all have my respect for doing what your doing!!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #5478 on: January 09, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »
Yeah I'm finding the routine cravings far worse than the nicotine ones to deal with.  I was trying to think when I was posting on here yesterday and since I generally take a break from what I'm doing to smoke when I'm struggling to express myself that set off a craving that lasted for a couple of hours, but then it just went in an instant.  Also after meals feel a little strange without a cig, but its just retraining myself out of it.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5479 on: January 09, 2007, 12:53:20 PM »

Thanks, Ozy.
I find that nicotine cravings hit a strong peak really quickly, when they come, and subside as quickly to a more tolerable level. You're right about the routines, too.

I smoke my pipe about twice a week, now. I don't really crave it like I do cigarettes, even still. There's a lot more to enjoying pipe smoking than nicotine. It is very heavy smoke and I don't inhale it more than a tiny whiff occasionally. It would rip your lungs apart to inhale it, besides it's saturated with water vapor and it would condense quickly and fill your lungs with much worse stuff than a few ciggies a day.

It does make my mouth numb for a few minutes, though, so I'm getting some nicotine. I also know that the smoke makes my ultra sensitive olfactory sense, much more manageable by numbing everything. I will have to go back to keeping my Indian style "medicine bag" full of aromatic herbs around for a while, I'll bet. I haven't used that little sensory crutch in a few years.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 12:58:20 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #5480 on: January 09, 2007, 01:05:16 PM »
I've smoked one of these to my after-lunch coffee for a couple of weeks now. Just one every day, since they cost about $5 each.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5481 on: January 09, 2007, 01:17:08 PM »
I gave up cigars when I quit cigarettes. I used to smoke big Honduran maduros regularly, too, but I inhaled those. The pipe is different to me. It will be difficult to stop completely, though, because it is so enjoyable and I don't really have anything to fill the enjoyment gap once I quit.

Litigious

« Reply #5482 on: January 09, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »
I never inhale and I usually don't smoke big cigars. That's the real size of the cigar on the screen, by the way.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #5483 on: January 09, 2007, 01:34:58 PM »
Two days and I haven't given in yet.

think about me.  do it for me. 8)

i started my welbutrin today.
i will be piggy backing off of your willpower shortly.

thank you.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5484 on: January 09, 2007, 02:07:24 PM »
Can somebody find the sheet music for Ode to joy?  Cause that is what I am thinking.

More accurately the second movement of the ninth symphony.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:12:36 PM by Nomaken »
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Litigious

« Reply #5485 on: January 09, 2007, 02:12:09 PM »

Litigious

« Reply #5486 on: January 09, 2007, 02:19:46 PM »
The second and final movements are featured prominently in the novel A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, and Stanley Kubrick's film adaptation (in partially synthesised form in the film, notably with the vocals provided by a vocoder). The finale of Herbert von Karajan's 1963 Deutsche Grammophon recording is played over the final scene in the movie.[citation needed]

Wikipedia on Ode to joy

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5487 on: January 09, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »
Two of my friends did an AS thing.  Apparently my sarcasm wasn't understood.    :grrr:

People have trouble understanding when I'm being sarcastic, too.  :-\

Litigious

« Reply #5488 on: January 09, 2007, 02:44:22 PM »
The stupid NTs don't get the fine hints.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5489 on: January 09, 2007, 02:46:44 PM »
I rather suspect that it is more than your sarcasm ISNT obvious than that they are just dull.  I know I would like to believe people around me aren't paying attention to the hints I think I give when I am being sarcastic, but upon mature reflection, sometimes my sarcasm really isnt obvious.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.