Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 372997 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #2310 on: August 24, 2006, 05:09:50 AM »
* Nomaken is sad that he isn't a woman so he can claim he doesn't fit the generalization everytime he ever hears a generalization about women.

But you're a Nomaken, so you can claim you don't fit the generalisation everytime you hear a generalisation about Nomakens.

Oh, right...
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

duncvis

« Reply #2311 on: August 24, 2006, 06:23:09 AM »
KDE's Klondike rocks!  ;D

whats Klondike?

The solitaire card game. Remember the Windows app that is as old as Windows, and unchanged since then? Well, this isn't it. ;D

oh yeah. I don't play card games that often, so its usually ace of penguins or PySol.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2312 on: August 24, 2006, 06:48:07 AM »
I try not to, but it's there and sometimes the lure is too much. After 3+ hours of "just one more", I usually manage to quit. Stupid game.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

le travesti angelique

« Reply #2313 on: August 24, 2006, 07:51:53 AM »
Mountains of ironing to do. Oh, what fun.  ::)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2314 on: August 24, 2006, 07:52:04 AM »
i'm like that with minesweeper, although 3+ hours generally means i should be in care, cos the depression is that serious...  :(

i like gnomes...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #2315 on: August 24, 2006, 08:19:51 AM »
i like spite and malice.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #2316 on: August 24, 2006, 07:06:41 PM »
Its nice to have PI back home. I managed to lose a wheel trim on the way to Liverpool though, and I've no idea how. Made a hasty exit from the airport as I'd started swearing at people in a Merseyside accent.  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #2317 on: August 24, 2006, 08:52:59 PM »
frankly, people are shit drivers, generally speaking.
Misunderstood.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2318 on: August 25, 2006, 07:49:38 AM »
I want to try some attention deficit disorder drug, can somebody recommend a brand I can ask the doctor about?
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2319 on: August 25, 2006, 07:56:20 AM »
adderall or dexedrine. i'm on dexedrine. well was before i ran out and was too lazy to get more.

just stay away from the time-release ones. if you can help it. they've been linked to suicide and a friend of mine killed himself after taking the time-release ones. he was just great on normal adderall but the time-release ones sucked. :(
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2320 on: August 25, 2006, 08:03:11 AM »
I want to try some attention deficit disorder drug, can somebody recommend a brand I can ask the doctor about?

Concerta is a timed release form of methylphenidate, which releases over about twelve hours.

Ritalin is an older form of methylphenidate that is not timed released, but it can have more peaks and valleys of effectiveness, depending on your dosing schedule.  There are longer acting forms of methylphenidate as well, called Ritalin SR.

Strattera is a different sort of ADHD drug, which may be helpful as well.

ozymandias

« Reply #2321 on: August 25, 2006, 08:26:14 AM »
The problem with Strattera, is you have to take it for awhile to build up blood level before the effects kick in.  4-6 weeks according to my wife.  On the plus side it's not a drug that can be abused, so you don't need a new prescription every month.

I'm on 20 mg 2X a day of ritalin, with good effect.  It's generic, so it doesn't cost as much.  And while I always take the morning dose, I don't always take the afternoon dose, it depends upon what I'm doing.  If I'm doing physical labor without a lot of mental labor or concentration needs.  I'll skip it.  My doctor and wife is ok with that!  Also if I'm sick and need to take some psuedo-ephedrine,( like I'v been the last week.), I'll skip the ritalin and take the nasal decongestant instead.  Never take both at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife has said my mood has been "brighter" since I started on it about a year and a half ago.  I'v noticed my frustration level has decreased a lot, since I'm less distractable.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #2322 on: August 25, 2006, 08:49:12 AM »
my daughter uses medidate.
Misunderstood.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #2323 on: August 25, 2006, 12:13:58 PM »
Damn those guys suck! All of them should be working as mods on myspace. I was just getting into Samurai Deeper Kyo, and the bastards pulled it. And then what adds insult to injury is the fact that they don't remove the video links. Oh well. I guess that means I'll only watch Hunter x Hunter, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Gunparade March, D.N. Angel, Berserk, and Rune Soldier.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2324 on: August 25, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »
the valleys aren't that hilo when you take speed regularly. it gives energy, clears up the mind, lessens the paranoia and helps you prganize your thoughts... just don't take it irregularly unless you want to experience some fucked up funk.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: