Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 340719 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #22785 on: February 15, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »
Wondering what the elder thing is all about. Just thought it was a ranking until recently reading someone suggest moving something to the elder section.

The Elders were the established members of Intensity who used to vote on everything about the site, but that experiment in democracy didn't work out too well.  However, we still have the Elder's forum, where we posted about site issues and voted on them in the past.  Now, the way it works is that the Elders vote whether to let a new member become an Elder after they become established members in terms of post count and length of membership.

SD is pretty much an Elder. She is like a billion and a half years old.  :zombiefuck:

SleepyDragon already is an Elder, but she's not as old as you think.

You thought Graelwyn was ancient at 34.

When you're 14 years old, 34 seems ancient.  :thumbdn:

How do you remember any of this? I don't remember anyone. I have no clue who half of you people are.

If I recall correctly, Graelwyn and Flagg enlisted you as a go-between in their relationship when you were all on WP.  I remember he was 16 or 17 and she was about twice his age, so maybe she was actually 33 then.

Here is a post where you wrote about her being old because she was in her 30's: 

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,8356.msg407025.html#msg407025

BTW, I just found your My dog ate my sandwich thread on WP.  Nice parody of the Haven, but I can't believe it got you banned.

:lol:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22786 on: February 15, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
That is one of the most weird reasons for a ban ever.  It's as bad as banning someone for comparing WP to a bad daytime soap opera with the obligatory brain tumor.

Well, if Merle was comparing you to Hitler, I can see how that would make you want to retaliate and call her something.  I don't know if you were the first to compare Merle to the Wicked Witch of the West, but you definitely were not the last.

While I don't subscribe to those notions anymore, I put forth a very libertarian view (I thought) that it was wrong to give concessions to Asperger's students in test taking in college, at least in the subfields of science and math. I felt that there was no proven link between Aspergers and the inability to do technical subjects, and in fact many people felt it was an advantage. I thought that tests were a gruelling affair, meant to weed out those who couldn't do the job properly.

I think this would be an interesting topic for discussion in Anti-Philosophy.

I write very slowly even though I think a lot faster.  I went to college, majored in chemical engineering, and got no concessions.  Extra time would have helped me do even better, but I did pretty well without it.  I guess an argument against concessions would be that prospective employers might want to know that your A is equivalent to anyone else's A.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #22787 on: February 16, 2010, 09:26:15 AM »
This animation of a Hilbert curve made me think of cortical folding in embryos.

[attachment deleted by admin]
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22788 on: February 16, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »
I wanna go back to the bookshop soon. I wish there was just a "history books" book shop tho  :P

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #22789 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:06 PM »
Wondering what the elder thing is all about. Just thought it was a ranking until recently reading someone suggest moving something to the elder section.

The Elders were the established members of Intensity who used to vote on everything about the site, but that experiment in democracy didn't work out too well.  However, we still have the Elder's forum, where we posted about site issues and voted on them in the past.  Now, the way it works is that the Elders vote whether to let a new member become an Elder after they become established members in terms of post count and length of membership.

SD is pretty much an Elder. She is like a billion and a half years old.  :zombiefuck:

How do you remember any of this? I don't remember anyone. I have no clue who half of you people are.

How old are you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22790 on: February 16, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »

How old are you?
i have been watching this guy and he seems to be rally young.
Misunderstood.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #22791 on: February 16, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »
He is young. Early Twenties. You, I and Odeon are old farts  :thumbup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22792 on: February 16, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »
He is young. Early Twenties. You, I and Odeon are old farts  :thumbup:
me too :thumbup:    yay for old farts

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22793 on: February 17, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »
Well, I came here to post that what I am thinking right now is why the fuck does my daughter want me to help her cook banana bread right now, when I can't be assed.

Then, I think, next week, meh, I could be dead, better help with the banana bread so she has a nice memory of me being a helpful mother. Sometimes, responsible parenting sucks :P

As a secondary source of what am I thinking...when I clicked into the thread, I see Graelwyn mentioned above....I'm thinking WTF is she doing being discussed in this thread...but thinking I will get back to it after the responsible banana bread making participation!

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22794 on: February 17, 2010, 12:15:45 AM »
Banana pancakes are easier to make than banana bread, but yes, my commiserations on the responsible-parenting thing. "How do I want to be remembered?" just seems so... insufficient a motivational force. :indeed:

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22795 on: February 17, 2010, 12:25:31 AM »
Banana pancakes are easier to make than banana bread, but yes, my commiserations on the responsible-parenting thing. "How do I want to be remembered?" just seems so... insufficient a motivational force. :indeed:

He he....success....I made my way to the kitchen and she had already ploughed on without me. Banana bread in the oven....no input from Mother  :clap:

I will now take the glory for encouraging independance and individual problem solving....ie; "when Mum takes her sweet ass time to help you out, do it yourself, she's a pain in the ass control freak anyway!" :P

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22796 on: February 17, 2010, 12:34:55 AM »
Get your kudos where and when you can, that's my motto.  ;D

Blasted

« Reply #22797 on: February 17, 2010, 05:23:17 AM »
I had a really weird dream about cats and a bell last night.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #22798 on: February 17, 2010, 05:25:29 AM »
I was brushing my teeth and now I got dried tooth paste on my hands. I don't like the sensory.
Park.

Blasted

« Reply #22799 on: February 17, 2010, 09:46:19 AM »
Fucked if I don't, fucked if I do.