Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 375613 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #21600 on: October 24, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »
it's 2 years since my friend died today, and it seems to have gone really fast. i talked to her cousin about it before, and she seems to feel th e same way. depression isfucked up. especially when it hits people who really don't deserve to suffer at all

Blasted

« Reply #21601 on: October 24, 2009, 12:53:47 PM »
It is fucked up.

P7PSP

« Reply #21602 on: October 24, 2009, 02:46:39 PM »
it's 2 years since my friend died today, and it seems to have gone really fast. i talked to her cousin about it before, and she seems to feel th e same way. depression isfucked up. especially when it hits people who really don't deserve to suffer at all
It never gets fun but you get used to dealing with death.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #21603 on: October 24, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »

Big tight hugs for you, Soph. On the 30th it will be 4 years since my Dad's best friend took his own life. He's been like a father to me my whole life, married my ex and me, his daughter is my closest friend in the world and her family was always my safe place. He and my Dad had been best friends since they were teenagers. He had SAD and his meds weren't doing the the trick. I will never forget the moment I got the call. Every time that day rolls around it's like I can't breathe. I still miss him terribly.

:hug:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #21604 on: October 24, 2009, 03:57:32 PM »
 :hug: :hug:
for both of you Soph and CG.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21605 on: October 24, 2009, 05:54:47 PM »
Getting defensive over eating meat is fuckign stupid  :thumbdn:

Youeat meat, fine.  I don't.  Piss off 8)
I used to get that when I was a vegetarian.  It's dumb, but you'll always get it.  Some of it's defensiveness, and some of it is that being a vegetarian provides others around you with something very obvious to pick on you about.

Somewhat happy ex-veggie memory:  It was wicked gratifying when I'd started eating meat again and a friend who'd made fun of me for eschewing meat decided to go without for awhile.  I asked him several times to come to dinner with me and my friends.  We wanted to eat burgers in front of him.  I'm still sad it didn't end up happening.  At least I got to use the same "But meat is yummmmyyyy" taunts on him that he used to use on me.

Omfg that's hilarious  :green:

It amuses me when people go "But what do you eat then?!" as if meat was the ONLY thing edible in this world.  Jeez, have some culinary imagination  ::)

To a lot of people, a normal diet seems to mean meat + dairy + processed carbohydrate products + a few limp vegetables on the side of the plate at dinner, and a vegetarian diet seems to mean artificial meat substitute + dairy + processed carbohydrate products + a few limp vegetables on the side of the plate at dinner.

I eat meat with most meals, but I probably also eat more fruit and vegetables than most vegetarians.  On a typical day, I estimate that I eat about 200g of meat, usually skinless chicken breasts, 750g of fresh fruit, mostly in the form of citrus and apples, but including peaches, nectarines, pears, plums and whatever else is in season, and 1.5kg of vegetables, generally some combination of onions, carrots, peas, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, swede and potatoes, depending on what's available and what I feel like cooking with.  Nuts, oats, mushrooms and olive oil also contribute to my diet, and minor contributions come from various other sources.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Blasted

« Reply #21606 on: October 24, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »

I used to get that when I was a vegetarian.  It's dumb, but you'll always get it.  Some of it's defensiveness, and some of it is that being a vegetarian provides others around you with something very obvious to pick on you about.

Somewhat happy ex-veggie memory:  It was wicked gratifying when I'd started eating meat again and a friend who'd made fun of me for eschewing meat decided to go without for awhile.  I asked him several times to come to dinner with me and my friends.  We wanted to eat burgers in front of him.  I'm still sad it didn't end up happening.  At least I got to use the same "But meat is yummmmyyyy" taunts on him that he used to use on me.

It amuses me when people go "But what do you eat then?!" as if meat was the ONLY thing edible in this world.  Jeez, have some culinary imagination  ::)

To a lot of people, a normal diet seems to mean meat + dairy + processed carbohydrate products + a few limp vegetables on the side of the plate at dinner, and a vegetarian diet seems to mean artificial meat substitute + dairy + processed carbohydrate products + a few limp vegetables on the side of the plate at dinner.

I eat meat with most meals, but I probably also eat more fruit and vegetables than most vegetarians.  On a typical day, I estimate that I eat about 200g of meat, usually skinless chicken breasts, 750g of fresh fruit, mostly in the form of citrus and apples, but including peaches, nectarines, pears, plums and whatever else is in season, and 1.5kg of vegetables, generally some combination of onions, carrots, peas, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, swede and potatoes, depending on what's available and what I feel like cooking with.  Nuts, oats, mushrooms and olive oil also contribute to my diet, and minor contributions come from various other sources.

Good on you  :thumbup:

I love Brussel sprouts, I thoght I was the only one who did  :laugh:  You should try beetroot soup  :zoinks:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21607 on: October 24, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »

Good on you  :thumbup:

I love Brussel sprouts, I thoght I was the only one who did  :laugh:  You should try beetroot soup  :zoinks:

I'm not such a fan of beetroot.  Pickled beetroot is ok on occasion, but beetroot has a taste to it that doesn't really do it for me.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Blasted

« Reply #21608 on: October 24, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »
Beetroot soup tastes really good though.  Although Polish people are used to the taste of beetroot so I guess I'm alone here.  If you ever fancy eating mashed beetroot, add a hint of lemon to it as it makes it taste better  :zoinks:

Also, beetroot soup should be eaten with double cream and potatoes  :thumbup:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21609 on: October 24, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »
i like  potatos

theres a lot of talk of food here tonight

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21610 on: October 24, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »

Last night it was sex, tonight it's food.

bunch of hedonistic bastards

Celticgoddess

« Reply #21611 on: October 24, 2009, 06:34:00 PM »
Isn't it normal that after a lot of sex comes an appetite? :laugh:

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #21612 on: October 24, 2009, 06:34:48 PM »
Sometimes I eat red cabbage, which has a bit of a beetroot taste to it, but I'm not too keen on it either.  Sometimes I use it when I'm making sauerkraut, and get pink sauerkraut.  I've been wanting to make a fresh batch for a while, but the weather was too hot during the summer for it to ferment properly.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #21613 on: October 24, 2009, 06:35:39 PM »

i don't remember.

le sigh.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #21614 on: October 24, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »

i don't remember.

le sigh.

*CG wonders what to do to jog ebm's memory*

:zoinks: