Educational

Author Topic: Post what you're thinking right now.  (Read 341141 times)

duncvis

Re: Post what you're thinking right now.
« Reply #2040 on: August 15, 2006, 05:02:52 PM »
lol. i think you've just discovered 'ironic' tagging, a popular pastime on last.fm. between people cheerfully labelling britney spears as jazz and morons who tag everything they listen to as 'punk', the genre tag radio stations rarely play what you'd expect them to.  ;D

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2041 on: August 15, 2006, 09:03:56 PM »
And... Quirky, do you think that eventually you will find a way to tell him he is an idiot so he'll believe you?  Because if you are just bitching at him for fun, then please continue, but he wouldn't believe how stupid he is even if god himself explained it to him.

I'm aware that my attempts are futile...he's in denial. He keeps feeding everyone that "it's what I think that matters" bullshit.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2042 on: August 15, 2006, 10:13:59 PM »
I just get frustrated when I hear that because every time I get the hint that he REALLY BELIEVES that, as opposed to trying to believe it while knowing always(somewhere in your mind) other peoples opinions will get to you.  Which pisses me off because it makes it impossible to change his behavior, and he is getting absolutely no punishment(negative social sanctions) for his actions.  Also i'm kind of jealous if he really can believe that.

(There is something to be said that if he can really believe that, although we all are frustrated by him, and agree he is a ninny, he is living in a wonderful fantasy world, he has actually followed the advice of countless psychologists, friends, and high school staff.)
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2043 on: August 15, 2006, 10:17:53 PM »
You get love- er, I mean karma- for that post.  ;D

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2044 on: August 16, 2006, 01:54:10 AM »
flo doesn't piss me off, cos i'd want to know why i allowed someone so insignificant in the scheme of things to do so.  and i'm used to kids who don't change their behaviour, and i don't understand why not.  whether that "don't" is "won't" or "can't" is almost irrelevant.

yep, it can be frustrating, in the extreme.  the trick is to realise and remember that challenging behaviour isn't generally directed at you personally - you're just the focus at that particular time.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2045 on: August 16, 2006, 05:38:24 PM »
I've done a lot to train myself not be pissed at peoples stupidity and ignorance, and it has worked to a large degree, but I don't think i'm ever going to be immune to it.  I doubt anybody can make themselves totally immune to it unless they have a certain rare personality, temperment or nature.  Sometimes shit just takes you off guard.  It is like, "Whoa... my faith in humanity just got knee'd in the groin right there... holy shit."

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2046 on: August 16, 2006, 06:21:42 PM »
I wonder why you're always accused of being "liberal" if you're against a war.  ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #2047 on: August 16, 2006, 08:09:42 PM »
 Posted by: QuirkyCarla
Insert Quote
Quote from: Nomaken on August 15, 2006, 03:50:21 AM
And... Quirky, do you think that eventually you will find a way to tell him he is an idiot so he'll believe you?  Because if you are just bitching at him for fun, then please continue, but he wouldn't believe how stupid he is even if god himself explained it to him.

I'm aware that my attempts are futile...he's in denial. He keeps feeding everyone that "it's what I think that matters" bullshit.

No Carla, actually I have not been sleeping the full amount I need.  Small amounts add up.  I actually talked to my therapist today and explained to him about my post on here and he agreed sleep debt.  Getting more sleep or napping is what I need.  I just cleaned my room, moving all computer parts into the garage, that helps me feal better, reduces my stress, and helps me type better. I have more space to walk now, alot more.    He also told me today people with HFA have a tendency not to have psychomotor problems but AS do have this tendency.  That would make me feal better if I had it , but I still don't agree. The AS patrons socialize more, and its only for my study, as future psychologist.  That was quite intresting, actually, and its because peope are suffering to a degree with their disability and I want to fix that.  The reward of helping people is like snorting ginseng. 
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2048 on: August 16, 2006, 08:15:06 PM »
The lack of sleep thing is a cop out.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2049 on: August 16, 2006, 08:18:05 PM »
My typing will stay about the same quality no matter how tired or intoxicated I get.  (If i got a shit load of benedryl in me, it might take 5 minutes to finish a thought, but i'll get it through.)  Also, my speech will be about the same quality.  I don't slur my words while drunk.  However.... interestingly enough... I DO slur my words when I haven't slept for a couple of days.

So flo, i'm not going to say it is impossible that a lack of sleep can do that to you, but a lot of the time you sound like you are on crystal meth rather than being tired.  

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2050 on: August 16, 2006, 08:18:40 PM »
I just suggested it to my therapist, a clinical social worker, and he agreed.  You want to be tired and hyper at the same time?  Try it and see how far it gets you.  He also said if I am high risk for devolping bipolar disorder for not sleeping.  He is  worried about me.  I will edit again.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2051 on: August 16, 2006, 08:20:03 PM »
Go suck a dick nomaken, I don't have the same functional problems as you so :P

Fuck off looser!

Spread your legs woman!

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2052 on: August 16, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »
Flo, you're social worker sounds like an idiot. I think you should find a new one. You can't develop bipolar from not sleeping. Having bipolar can cause you not to sleep though.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2053 on: August 16, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »
What I mean is that your disorganized thinking is similiar to somebody who is high as hell on crystal meth.  Too confident, too energetic, fast paced disorganized thinking, very chatty.  They think in a long ramble that is hard to follow.

Offline Randy

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2054 on: August 16, 2006, 08:31:58 PM »
Idiot, well maybe, he did call me HFA.  lol  Its kind of complicated with the bipolar disorder, so I would not call him an idiot all the way unless you fully understood.  Everyone can call me idiot, but their view is distorted, that is why I usually don't bother to listen. I can fall asleep fine, that is unless I don't fight it. Weird as it seems I don't feal much sleep deprivation even at 5hours, infact it a makes me more hyper.  It was not doing that before, but it is now.  Seems to me my therapist is right about high risk factors and me agravating them.  He say if there is too much stimuli and lack of sleep is present I do act like it.  He also said I don't have it, with a very stern voice.  He saying I am at high risk for devolping it.

Nomaken its called tired and hyped up at same time, try it some time see how far you get without trying to edit, or trying to calm down, because that is what I do.

Spread your legs woman!